The dessert tour was awesome! I'm a Columbus native, but this tour took me places I hadn't been before. Pistacia Vera is my all-time favorite dessert stop, and the tour let us see the kitchen where the magic happens and gave us the opportunity to ask the employees about their work. All of the employees at each stop were very passionate about what they do, and they really opened my eyes to how much effort goes into making high-quality food. Our guide (Andy, I believe his name was) was very friendly and laid-back.
We bought our ticket vouchers from the OSU student discount services for $15 a piece (the usual price is $55). But even if you do pay full price, you will definitely get your money's worth! Not only do you have a bus to drive you around these places, but you will get stuffed with sweets! The tour includes four dessert stops and two drink stops. I've listed the treats that we received at each stop to give an idea about how much we ate.
1. Pistacia Vera (pistachio macaron, a slice of a pistachio strawberry dacquoise, and a piece of cashew caramel -- plus two extra pistachio macarons because some people didn't show up) - SO AMAZINGLY DELICIOUS
2. Sugardaddy's (five small brownie samples, including cheesecake, along with a free water bottle and about $10 worth of sweets per person to take home! The owner was amazingly nice. Our favorite was the cinnamon blondie, which is reminiscent of apple pie.)
3. Cafe Brioso (two small coffee samples and water; I can't say much for the taste as I don't drink coffee, but it looks like it's all made in house.)
4. Pattycake Bakery (half of a vanilla cream-filled chocolate cupcake, half of a gigantic blueberry muffin, half of a chocolate chip cookie, and half of an amazing cinnamon roll--all vegan too, but you wouldn't know it by the taste.)
5. Jeni's ice cream (two scoops of ice cream plus whatever flavor samples you want to try)
6. M (a fancy hazelnut chocolate cocktail; non-alcholic versions are also available)
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.