“Great place” 5 of 5 stars

Double Your Points
Ranked #15 of 140 Hotels in Columbus
“Great place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

We've stayed here before a couple years ago. Both times have been very nice visits. The rooms are very spacious and clean. The beds are comfortable. Despite there being a lot of people there the weekend we stayed, it was very quiet in the room. The breakfast was nice with a good variety. The location was great. There were two minor issues. An employee appeared to have a family party/gathering at the pool and made guests feel uncomfortable being there (other guests mentioned this too) & left trash around the pool. There was also an early morning fire alarm due to toast or something in the kitchen. Otherwise, I would definitely recommend this hotel.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Hyattplaceosu, General Manager at Hyatt Place Columbus/OSU, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
I am so happy to hear you enjoyed your recent stay at our property. Thank you for taking the time to leave us some feedback! I am thrilled that you enjoy the guest rooms and that the hotel was quite and I do apologize for the early morning alarm. Thank you again and we hope you choose to stay with us next time you are in Columbus!

Michael Holtzleiter

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Flint, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

A last-minute decision to visit Columbus found us at the Hyatt Place Columbus/OSU. The friendly front desk staff greeted us as we arrived late in the evening and set the tone for a delightful visit. The hotel is new, has convenient (and free) parking, is easily accessible from an expressway, and offers an enjoyable free breakfast. The rooms are attractive and comfortable and I would highly recommend this to anyone who wants to travel to Columbus and environs.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Hyattplaceosu, General Manager at Hyatt Place Columbus/OSU, responded to this review, 5 weeks ago
Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your experiences at Hyatt Place Columbus/OSU. I am happy that you enjoyed the rooms and that the customer service was exceptional. I hope that next time you find yourself in Columbus, you choose Hyatt Place Columbus/OSU.

San Luis Obispo, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

I stayed at this hotel while I was attending a conference at the Columbus Convention Center. The hotel staff members were very friendly and helpful during my stay. My room was very clean, and it exceeded my expectations. The free high speed internet in my room and free parking were both great. I walked to the Convention Center (1.4 miles). It's not a bad walk if you're ambitious. The hotel has two reasonable dining options next door. I ate at both Jason's Deli and the Buckeye Hall of Fame Grill and liked them. Some next door construction made for loud mornings at times (incessant back-up alarms from construction vehicles), but that is out of the control of the hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your wonderful feedback, I will share your compliments with my staff. I am pleased that you liked both of our local dining options and you will be happy to hear that there will be a new addition in dining to the Grandview Yard very soon. Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience and we hope to see you again soon.

Magnolia, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

We were just here on an overnight trip. The facility is very clean, extremely comfortable beds, the pool was nice...said it closed at 10pm, but we were there until 10:30, no one said anything. Very quiet area and fabulous restaurant next door (Ohio State Buckeye Grill).

Stayed July 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor, I am happy you enjoyed the our guest rooms and pool. We sincerely appreciate the five star review and hope to see you on your next trip to Columbus!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

This is a very nice hotel. The room was large and clean. The hotel has a lot of parking available. Enjoyed the breakfast that was available there were a few hot breakfast sandwiches along with cereal and doughnuts. I stayed here while visiting OSU and it was easy to get to and from campus.

Stayed July 2014
Thank you for your review of your recent stay! I am pleased to hear that you found the hotel to be conveniently located for your trips to Ohio State's campus. We frequently hear great things about the complimentary breakfast buffet and I am so happy you were able to take advantage of that during your visit! Thank you again for your review and we hope you stay with us next time you visit Columbus.

Pocatello, Idaho, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014 via mobile

We visited this Hyatt thinking it would be just as great as our Hyatt experience in Boise, Idaho which was wonderful. However the OSU Hyatt in Columbus was not good. The rooms are like other Hyatt's (functional and relaxing) except there's no
sink in the room's mini bar and no microwave. There is a mini-fridge. We stayed on the sixth floor and slept really well. We booked online and the agent gave us a late checkout which we really appreciated. However, some of the staff on-site was rude.
We ordered food from their 24 hour cafe and it was really poorly prepared compared to our experience at the Boise Hyatt. They didn't include napkins or utensils. They were super rude on the phone the next morning when we ordered breakfast, but when we picked up our order we dealt with someone different who was really nice.

We rented two adjoining suites; one king suite and a two queen suite. Both bathrooms contained mold. The king suite had a nice shower, but there were huge patches of mold in the corners near the floor and around the floor perimeter. The queen suite had a bath/shower combo that had
mold around the caulking of the tub and in the corners. The tile grout was chipping away and it looks like rather than dealing with the mold, they've been caulking over it. Disgusting and dangerous for people with mold allergies. I'm taking pictures of the mold to send to management, because it is pretty out of control. They need to know that their rooms aren't being cleaned properly.

• Stayed July 2014
Hyattplaceosu, General Manager at Hyatt Place Columbus/OSU, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I apologize that your rooms did not meet our high standards of cleanliness and that you received less than exceptional customer service. We will be addressing these issues with maintenance and our staff. I hope that you will give us another chance on your next trip to Columbus.

Fayetteville, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

Checked in late slept in little pass 9am. Breakfast was being removed at 9:05. Spoke with front desk person she reiterated finished at 9 and then a blank stare! Got my coffee, daughter got her orange juice.... After watching the food being packed away I assume to stay fresh for the next day! We retired back to our room. Thought about it and called, got the General Manager and her reply was "it closes at 9, we had no way of knowing if you were coming and going" not sure what that had to do with being offered a bagel or something but that was her reply! I stated that the offer would and should have been made. There was silence...working in as a Flight Attendant for 16 years and now 10 years in another customer service roll, I can not give this hotel a thumbs up at all! The facility is in an up and coming area! I hope by the time the area is built up the Hyatt would have hired some true professionals! Thumbs down for now!

Stayed July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review and for choosing Hyatt Place Columbus/OSU. I apologize that you were not offered breakfast and that the follow up phone call was less than helpful. I will be following up with our staff to ensure that this does not happen again as it is our goal to go above and beyond in all areas of customer service. Please let me know if I may be of any assistance next time you visit Columbus.

Michael Holtzleiter

Been to Hyatt Place Columbus/OSU? Share your experiences!