“Always a pleasure” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 142 Hotels in Columbus
Valparaiso, Indiana
“Always a pleasure”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

Have stayed here multiple times and have rarely been dissapointed. Desk personnel are always friendly and accomadating. Other Hyatts around town not up to par, but this one is a keeper. It is my first choice when staying in Columbus.
Only complaint, and not one specific to this property, more so the entire industry. The drastic increase in rates based upon activity in the area. If any other industry did this, they would be accused of "gouging" and possibly prosecuted. Yet hotels and airlines are allowed. Their cost of operating does not increase, but yet rates can jump 100% or more during football season. Just really annoying.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Hyattplaceosu, General Manager at Hyatt Place Columbus/OSU, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
Thank you for continuing to choose Hyatt Place Columbus/OSU on your trips to Columbus! We sincerely appreciate your business. I will be sure to share your kind words with my staff and hope to see you and your family on your next trip to Columbus.

Michael Holtzleiter

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Warren, MI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

Hyatt Place hotels are fast becoming my "go to" hotels when I'm on the road. The chain is quite reliable and I generally have no fear in choosing a Hyatt Place without doing my research into each individual hotel.

This Hyatt Place is newer and located in a newly developed area of Columbus very close to the campus of OSU.

The building is attractive both inside and out. Check in was handled by a friendly and professional agent and I was sent on my way quickly without feeling rushed.

My suite was very clean, smelled fresh, and made for a very comfortable night. The nice sitting area, the kitchenette with a small fridge is always a nice touch. The flat screen television was nice sized and got actual HD programming. The bathroom was nice with great water pressure and nice soap/shampoo/conditioner provided. The AM breakfast spread was sufficient to get my day started off right.

This is a terrific hotel in a proud chain.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to write such an outstanding review! It is our goal as a brand to provide consistent service and standards throughout the country. We are happy that you are able to count on us to provide a clean, comfortable stay while you are in Columbus. We look forward to hosting you again on your next trip to Columbus!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

I stayed here for an evening - never have encountered a friendlier more helpful staff. The room was big, the temp controls were perfect. I would say here again without a doubt. Well located, but watch out fr the HORRIBLE traffic at rush hour.

Room Tip: Garbage trucks at 5 am on Moday!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for staying at our hotel while traveling to Columbus. Every member of my team takes great pride in servicing our guests and I am thrilled that our customer service exceeded your expectations. We look forward to being your home away from home every time you are in Columbus!

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

My husband and I stayed here this weekend to see the OSHAA State championships. This was one of only a few decent hotels that had rooms available. We have never stayed at a Hyatt property, but found this hotel to be fantastic. The front desk staff were very helpful with check-in, printing maps for us and also very accomodating in allowing us to change rooms when we discovered we were next door to a barking dog. The suite was large and comfortable, very nicely decorated, complete with a blanket for the large sectional. We loved the free parking lot across the street and the restaurants within walking distance. Lobby and breakfast area were nicely decorated. Breakfast was free and had various hot and cold items. Oatmeal was delicious, loved the mix-ins. I also like the real plates and glasses. You don't see that at many hotels. My only gripe was the expensive cookies in the cafe! They looked yummy, but I could not bring myself to pay $3+ for one cookie. Jason's Deli with walking distance offered equal fare for half the price. Also the TV channels were limited...but I guess that is just more encouragement to get out and enjoy Ohio, and not stay in watching TV.

Room Tip: Rooms on levels 2 and up are quieter.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review. It was a pleasure to have you as our guest and we truly appreciate your business. I am glad that you found our hotel, staff, service, and breakfast extraordinary. We look forward to having the opportunity to serve you again on your next trip to Columbus.

All My Best, Michael Holtzleiter, General Manager
Ann Arbor
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013

Stephanie found this hotel while we were planning our trip to Columbus and Michigan for the holidays. The price was outstanding and the location was perfect to the downtown restaurant scene. The hotel is located in a newly renovated section of the city that apparently was very industrial during the 20th century. The property is currently surrounded buy empty lots that are slated for urban redevelopment. There are also a host of new condominiums and lofts designed for the new urban professionals. The hotel was easy to find and very contemporary and smelled fresh and clean. The front desk staff were very helpful and easy to deal with; they checked us in quickly and easily. Our room was huge and nicely decorated; the walls were very sound proof and we did not hear a thing the whole night. The next morning we were greeted with a wonderful continental breakfast that consisted of a variety of enticing morsels both hot and cold. True to the TripAdvisor reviews, the oatmeal really was fantastic. We both agreed that we would stay here again on our next trip to Columbus due to it's convenient location and amazing online price.

• Stayed December 2013
Hyattplaceosu, General Manager at Hyatt Place Columbus/OSU, responded to this review, December 26, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at Hyatt Place Columbus/OSU. We are happy you enjoyed the oatmeal and all of the toppings! As you noticed, the Grandview Yard is currently in it's second phase of development which will feature a new restaurant as well as office buildings and apartments. We truly appreciate your business and look forward to serving you again upon future visits to Columbus!

Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2013

Went to Cbus with my daughter to celebrate her birthday and do a little Christmas shopping. From check in to check out, everything and everyone was wonderful. We bought some wine and they uncorked it for me and even offered glasses to take back to the room. My daughter wanted Italian for supper so we asked at the front desk for a non-chain Italian restaurant they could recommend. They even printed out the address for us to find it. Again, what a great job! The food was delicious.
Our room was clean and comfortable. If I had to find a negative, it would be the wifi was very slow. A gentleman told me that it was due to us being on the top floor. Otherwise, truly a superior experience.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for staying at Hyatt Place Columbus/OSU during your weekend in Columbus! I sincerely appreciate such a great review of our staff. We are constantly striving to deliver exceptional customer service and I am pleased that you received exactly that. We hope that we have the opportunity to have you as our guest again soon!

Birmingham, Alabama, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2013

I was here this week on business and had never stayed here before. The hotel is conveniently located, very clean, and the rooms spacious and nice - - mine was complete with sectional sofa and working desk as well as king bed and nice makeup counter. I was here four days and every day the staff were very helpful locating me a tray to take breakfast to my room and directions. Breakfast included choices of hot biscuits with eggs, bacon, and cheese, pastries, oatmeal, fruit, yogurts, cottage cheese, and assorted breads. Other days had pancakes and other egg dishes. Plenty of juices and fresh coffee also included. Great hotel. There is also a pool and the hotel is next to a full service restaurant (Buckeye Grill).

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your review! I am thrilled that you enjoyed our oversized guest rooms. All of our guest rooms feature a cozy corner sleeper sofa and desk so the next time you stay with us, you will enjoy the same amenities every time! We would love to be your home away from home every time you travel to Columbus, Ohio.

Michael Holtzleiter

Been to Hyatt Place Columbus/OSU? Share your experiences!