“Wonderful stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 140 Hotels in Columbus
Lexington, Kentucky
“Wonderful stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

We only spent one night at this property, but it was wonderful. This was our first stay at a Hyatt Place and we were very impressed. The hotel is new and the decor modern and fresh. Check in was smooth and they had the room we had booked. I was asked which floor I preferred and I replied, "The quietest room you have." We were given a corner room. We particularly enjoyed the sofa in the sitting area. It was great for relaxing. The room included all of the usual amenities. We checked out the workout room and the pool and they seemed nice, although we did not use either. The breakfast was fresh and varied. We loved that the rate included wifi, parking and breakfast. The only negative might be the location, as you have to drive to anything except one restaurant and a deli. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
BigUnitBC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012

Nice - the only challenge when I was there in March was tons of construction across the street but not that loud. This is next to the Ohio State Buckeye Grill which has beers on tap etc... I took some clients there and we had a good time. Wear red :-) - I wore my KY shirt just for grins and no one tried to kill me. Hotel has comfortable clean rooms - free parking across the street. They also had a couple shuttle buses / vans. Book a massage at massage envy if you get a chance it is right next door and so is the Buckeye Grill.

Room Tip: Book the massage envy right next door for a massage and check out the Buckeye Hall of Fame grill rig...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2012

A girls trip to see the OSU Spring game started with checking into the Hyatt Place. The hotel can be hard to find depending if you are coming from High Street or 315 (easier to find it exiting 315). The area the hotel sits in is new construction and not much in the immediate neighborhood (exception is the Buckeye Grill and a Jason's deli right next door). The room was great no complaints. The hotel offers a free shuttle to areas around downtown which was a great way to get to area restaurants. The only issue we had was breakfast seemed disorganized. They ran out of food and were slow at restocking food along with clearing and cleaning the area you sit to eat. There is plenty of parking and it is free. You are about 1 1/2 miles from Nationwide areana and 5 minutes to OSU.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Cleveland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2012

You won't be disappointed if you stay here. It was clean and beautifully decorated. Comfortable bed, pillows. Loved this hotel. There was a small frig in the room but no microwave so I didn't see the point of a frig. Parking could be a bit of a challenge depending on when you want to park and it was hard to find via gps. But don't let any of that stop you from staying here. I would gladly do it again.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms that don't face the office building. Rooms don't have great views.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Hyattplaceosu, General Manager at Hyatt Place Columbus/OSU, responded to this review, April 24, 2012
Hello Michelle J,

Thank you for the positive review; I’m glad that you enjoyed your stay at the Hyatt Place Columbus/OSU. I completely agree that it can be confusing getting directions to the Hotel. This is due to Yard Street being built at the same time as the hotel. Since Yard Street is a new road, In-car GPS devices have trouble finding Yard Street. What I recommend doing is inputting 900 Goodale Blvd Columbus Ohio 43212 into your GPS. This address is to the building located right next to the Hotel and your car GPS will not have any issues finding that address. Also, please feel to call any member of my team to get additional directions if needed.

Best Regards,
Michael Holtzleiter
614-569-2910
Orange County, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2012

Very nice hotel, good breakfast and fitness room. Also, has a good bar/restaurant (Buckeye Grill) next door. Not within walking distance of High street but only a 5 minute drive by car.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2012

I have to start this review by saying that I am a Hotel Operator. As such, I can be a tough customer. Actually, I am a tough customer. so when I give a hotel a perfect score I'd like to think that it really means perfect.
I recently booked a group of 20 people into this hotel. I worked with one of their Group Sales persons (I'm not sure I can use names here so I won't mention her but she was fantastic to work with). There were people flying in from all over the world to attend this function and I knew there would be some tired grumpy travelers. I also knew they had a limited amount of time to conduct a lot of business so I asked that they be located near each other and I wanted them to be pre-registered with their keys cut so their check-in would be seamless and only take seconds. It did.
The feedback I got from the Group Leader was universally positive. Great hotel, easy check-in, everybody was on the same floor (which meant that each reservation was entered manually) and absolutely no issues.
I'm happy to recommend this hotel to anyone that needs to stay in this area of Columbus. I am not personally acquainted with this city so all I know is that this is the place to stay in this community. I can't imagine another hotel doing a better job (and very reasonable rates).
In addition to the lodging, I also had to plan a dinner for 20+ people at a nearby restaurant. Another one of the Sales Staff took care of this and, again, it was handled seamlessly. I will review the restaurant on Yelp.
Feel free to message me on TripAdvisor if you have any questions.
Joe Jeter

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Hyattplaceosu, General Manager at Hyatt Place Columbus/OSU, responded to this review, April 6, 2012
Hello Joejeter,

Thank you for the great review! I’ve shared your comments with my entire staff. It was truly a pleasure working with your group. My team understands the importance that your requests had to the success of your group and it’s my goal that each guest received superior service which exceeds their expectation. I hope to see you on your next trip to Columbus.

Best Regards,
Michael Holtzleiter
614-569-2910
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2012

I spent a couple of nights at this hotel over a weekend while sightseeing in Columbus. Hyatt is my favorite hotel brand and the one I try to stay in while on business trips whenever given the opportunity. Hotels like this are the reason why. First, the hotel is relatively new so everything has that new sheen to it but not so new that the bugs haven't been worked out. Two, the rooms are positively luxurious and very large. I was shocked at the size of my room when I walked in the door. It felt like I had a business suite. Three, the hotel is just over a mile from downtown and all of the amenities that the Arena District has to offer. I drove there a couple of times during my stay and it literally took me just five minutes by car to get there. Lastly, I liked the free covered parking that was right next to the hotel. That's ideal for those winter days/nights. BTW, this was the first time in my life that I've checked into a hotel just by using an automatic check-in machine. It worked great and it's just the thing if you want to avoid counter lines. About the only thing that didn't impress me was the breakfast selection but I guess I'm used to the pastry selections at European hotels. I would definitely stay here again if given the opportunity.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo

Been to Hyatt Place Columbus/OSU? Share your experiences!