“Superb!!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian, Korean
Columbus, Ohio
“Superb!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2011

My husband and I had dinner here last night. Tora featured a Groupon last month, so we bought one and kept it in our back pocket for a date night. The restaurant is part of a strip mall. We pulled in, and the parking outside Tora seemed really empty. We walked in and were seated quickly. There were 3 other groups dining when we arrived. When we left, the place started to fill up, but never to full capacity. My husband loves sushi, so he was very excited to come here. I like to try new foods, so I was excited as well. We both decided to order a "box". I ordered the bulgogi and he ordered the kalbi. Both were served with miso soup or salad, squid salad, seaweed salad, fresh veggies, 6 piece California roll and spring roll. The miso soup was delicious. The spring roll was excellent. We both substituted a spicy tuna roll and a spicy salmon roll for the California roll; both for $1 extra. Both were fantastic! Again, my husband loves sushi. He said that it was some of best sushi he's had in Columbus. I will eat sushi, but I don't get too crazy about it. It was by far the best sushi I have ever had. I've tried sushi at a lot of restaurants, and they all seem to taste really fishy to me. Not true here!! Our main courses were both excellent. The bulgogi was very nicely seasoned with a generous serving of mushrooms and onions. The kalbi was very good as well. If you are looking for an authentic beer, you will find it here too. They import Orion beer from Okinawa to the restaurant, and it's very good. I highly recommend this restaurant. We will definitely go back very soon. I'm surprised it's not busier (we went on a Saturday night). And last but not least, the service was great. Our server was very helpful (I considered getting the yakisoba, but he said it wasn't "very popular".) He was very attentive.

• Visited August 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“My wife and I enjoyed lunch at Tora a few...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2010

My wife and I enjoyed lunch at Tora a few days ago and found the restaurant to not only be engagingly modern but also the food and the service to be exemplar. The cost for lunch was well within our expectations. The quality was without question very high. we would highly recommend this to anyone of our friends for lunch or for dinner. The "box" lunch selection provides a nice variety and value.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere