“Wonderful!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 142 Hotels in Columbus
Scranton, Pennsylvania
“Wonderful!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

What a great stay! I was here for 4 nights and there wasn't one night that wasn't great. I tried to get as many names as possible, so excuse me if I mess up! Nicky checked me in and out and worked mostly during my trip. She was very friendly, helpful and encouraging. Barb was the auditor who helped me with so many questions the night before I left, and Jiun helped me so much with local restaurants and directions. Cindy, the sales manager, was such a delight. She was always on top of making sure my stay was great. I had three houskeepers, Norma, Sonia and Luz. I was welcomed into a beautiful and clean room (and believe me, I'm VERY OCD about rooms). Each day I came in, it was clean and comfortable and they even put my teddy bear on my bed. Taking this extra step, even though its simple, meant the world to me.

The breakfast was great. There was something different every day, and it actually tasted good! It was always stocked and the presentation and roominess of the area was very refreshing. Shower quality was good, and I liked the material they use in the showers. There's SO many outlets which was very necessary for me during my trip. I love the fridge/micro food stand. It's a great addition for us business travelers.

I HIGHLY recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: Any room I believe would be good. I had a King Bed suite I believe. There really isn't any scen...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Cindie M, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites East Broad at 270, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
We are so excited to hear that you had a memorable time with us! Your gracious comments are a continuous inspiration to our team to work harder every day. It gives us great pleasure that you enjoyed your suite and thank you also for your kind comments regarding our all our staff.On behalf of the entire staff, we thank you for your loyalty and we look forward to your next visit!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

We travel lot and we find this hotel one of the best. Wonderful staff. The GM and Sales Director are very accommodating, humble and helpful. They see to it that all guests are being taking care off. They have shuttle to and from the airport/hotel but I requested the GM if we can ride the shuttle to the seminar. Without any hesitation, he immediately accommodated us. Not only that, it's an honor that the GM itself is the one who drove us to the airport when we checked out because the assigned driver is busy. Though we are away from home, we feel at home to this hotel because of their friendliness. Hotel is clean as well as our room. The bed is comfy and relaxing. Breakfast is good. The only thing is, we can hear the footsteps on the next floor on top of our room but that's no problem with us. For sure, we will choose this hotel again whenever we are in Columbus, OH. Thanks.

Room Tip: The one room king bed suite is good.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and your experience at our hotel. It is extremely important to us to have happy return guests. We are here to make you comfortable, to take care of you and your family, and to be a respite in your travels. We do appreciate your kind words towards our hotel staff, because it’s always a pleasure to hear that our guests are happy and satisfied! We appreciate the opportunity to make things a little easier for you and your family! The staff at Comfort Suites East Broad at 270 in Columbus Ohio looks forward to seeing you again.
CT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

Extremely clean and well-run Comfort Suites. Clean and well-lit parking lot. Easy to find. Excellent beds, quiet AC, fast Internet. Breakfast slightly better than most. Very friendly staff goes out of their way to assist.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
You are very kind to have written such a wonderful review. We truly appreciate it and are glad you were able to enjoy your stay with us. See you again soon!! All the best
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

Upon arriving at front desk, the woman there was quite pleasant and helpful. I believe her name is Jiun. She is the best! The continental breakfast was quite sufficient for my needs. The room was clean. The only negative thing is the rooms are not well insulated including the floors. There was a family above us who apparently had small kids that were running around the room. They might as well have been in our room. Other than thin walls/floors.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your recent review! It would be our pleasure to welcome you back very soon and we thank you for your kind comments.
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

This place is a great place to stay....from the check in experience all the way through. It opened in 2010 but looks like new. The design in the lobby/breakfast area is modern with an open concept. The front desk crew...Jiun and Tinika were both very friendly. Jiun went above and beyond in helping me. They were both professional and my husband and I commented as to how the attitude of the staff can really make or break a stay. The whole place was clean, including the rooms, the pool area, etc. The pool was nice looking and quite warm. There is an additional sink and counter where the microwave and mini fridge are located. There is a sofa AND a nice chair, in addition to a desk with chair. In the bathroom, the counter is very large and comes with a good quality lighted makeup mirror. Breakfast was well stocked.....standard fare...but the scrambled eggs were better than most at other Choice hotels. Janet, the attendant at breakfast, was doing a good job of keeping things clean and stocked and was friendly. If you want dinner, there are MANY restaurants within a 1/2 mile. Also groceries, gas,etc. It's a mixed area....business, health offices, and residences. Very nice and safe area.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thanks for your amazing feedback. We are thrilled to hear that you had an enjoyable stay at our hotel. We take great pride in our clean and spacious guest rooms and are very delighted you enjoyed our complimentary hot breakfast buffet too. It was so nice to read that you found our staff to be professional, attentive and friendly. On behalf of the staff, we look forward to welcoming you back to Comfort Suites East Broad at 270. Kind regards
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

Excellent hotel with the best customer service. The breakfast in the morning with so many choices. Room has very nice bed and large 40 inch led tv. Room and hotel very clean. I would highly recommend to stay.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your review on TripAdvisor. We know that you took valuable time out of your day to tell other travelers about your stay with us, and we really appreciate it! Again, thank you so much, and we'll see you again soon!
Newark, Delaware
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

We chose this hotel because of the high rating on tripadvisor and the reasonable price. We were in town for the OSU football game. Got to the room and it wasn't what we had reserved or paid for. Called down and they indeed put us in the wrong room. (Probably because the desk clerk was talking to an employee about their check and on the phone and helping us) They adjusted our bill as we didn't feel like moving, but not a good start. The floors are very thin as we could hear people walking around upstairs and having sex all night (We were on the 3rd floor) Never heard squeaking boards and heavy footsteps between floors in a newer hotel. I slept well, but my son couldn't because of it. Maybe it was just because of the saturday night crowd staying here. Shower was excellent in the AM
Breakfast was busy as I assume the hotel was full. Selection was plenty and they had staff attending and restocking where needed. Eggs and sausage were good and they also had blueberry waffles. (I also always tend to evaluate a breakfast at a hotel if they have bananas available during the whole breakfast time...they did)
Overall, we enjoyed our stay. I would suggest a 4th floor room to avoid the creaky floors. Area is safe and plenty of restaurants and shopping nearby. We would stay here again

Room Tip: Take a top floor room (4th floor)
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing your experience with the TripAdvisor community! Our ultimate goal is the absolute satisfaction of each and every one of our guests. We take great pride in our clean and spacious guest rooms and are very delighted you enjoyed our complimentary hot breakfast buffet too. As always, we'll continue to provide the very best of service and look forward to your next stay with us!

Been to Comfort Suites East Broad at 270? Share your experiences!