“pleasant staff” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 142 Hotels in Columbus
Howard, Ohio, United States
“pleasant staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

We were greeted by a very kind and pleasant person. We arrived early and our room wasn't ready, but she kindly directed us to neighboring restaurants. Rooms were clean and neat and breakfast room was bright and cheery. Very pleased with our stay. Thank You!

Room Tip: like the divider between the bed and coach makes is seem less like a bedroom
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Cindie M, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites East Broad at 270, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind review. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and the room you chose. We are so glad that you picked our hotel and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

Columbus isnt really a hopping city but staying at this hotel made it very bearable. I think I didnt like it bc I was there for work and not pleasure. This hotel staff crew is great. I would recommend this hotel if coming to this city. Great hotel. From the looks of it, it seems fairly new. Very clean and kept uptight.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
I would to thank you for staying with us during your recent visit to Columbus and I also appreciate you taking the time to provide us your feedback. Your comments will certainly be shared with all the Team Members! We look forward to seeing you again when and if your travels bring you back to Columbus!
Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

Had we known what we know now we would have spent more $$ for a hotel in Easton near Town Center. We arrived in the evening on Friday. The kids wanted to swim so after dinner we took them down. While in the pool area there were some unsavory acting individuals. After awhile I noticed one of them on her phone. She went to the outside door of the pool area and let in two "guests" with sports bags. I gathered my kids and stopped by the front desk to pick up some extra towels. I told the lady at the desk about what was going on. She informed me she had been watching on the monitor already and that she would deal with it. Next day we went out for family and site seeing. When I politely asked the front desk for a thorough cleaning before we returned she very rudely retorted, "Our rooms are always thoroughly cleaned." Rolled her eyes and looked back at her screen. To which I replied, "No they're not and here's why..." I cited the reasons below. The room was definitely cleaner when we returned. But the booger was still on the wall!

Positives...
1) Within minutes of Easton Town Center, New Albany and Blacklick
2) Newer, 2010
3) Very nice staff
4) Nice, simple breakfast
5) Pool water was warm

Negatives...
1) Booger on the wall by the thermostat.
2) Hair under toilet
3) Hair on wall
4) Hair on bed linens
5) All wooden furniture in room, including partition, nicked and scratched, which I think is odd considering it's only 3 years old.
6) Pool extremely small. Never have we seen a hotel pool this small
7) Noisy and questionable guests
8) Pullout mattress thinnest we've ever seen
9) Extremely wonky floor in hallway and room. Full of bumps

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the ice room or you'll be sorry!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Marysville, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

We held a training class in their meeting room, which was very clean and well lit. Lighting controls were excellent in that you could adjust them well for projection. The attendees who stayed there stated that the rooms were comfortable and clean. The staff was very friendly. Overall, a great experience.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Cindie M, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites East Broad at 270, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to respond. I am delighted your guests had a pleasant experience while staying with us. It was so nice to read that you found our staff to be friendly and were pleased with our meeting facilities. On behalf of the staff, we look forward to welcoming you back to Comfort Suites East Broad at 270.
Ohio USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

I would definitely stay here on my next trip to Columbus! Great rate & very clean. Pool area was excellent for my kids. The only negative was no exhaust in bathroom so after showering & using a blow dryer, room was extremely stuffy & hot. Also ice machines in hall not working properly but I rarely use ice so not really a problem for us ....if u are looking for a clean hotel for your next Columbus stay, this is a great place!

• Stayed March 2013
I would to thank you for staying with us during your recent visit to Columbus and I also appreciate you taking the time to provide us your feedback. Your comments will certainly be shared with all of the staff . We look forward to seeing you again when and if your travels bring you back to Columbus!
Powderly, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

Clean, well furnished, spacious for families traveling with children, with added bonus of indoor pool (although so highly chlorinated it burns your eyes). Check in was quick and efficient. The breakfast was enjoyed by all, including picky eaters. They also had a convenient laundry. Bath was very nice, mold-free, with plenty of room. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013
Cindie M, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites East Broad at 270, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments regarding your stay with us. It is so nice to hear that your overall experience at our hotel was a very positive one. The staff and management at Comfort Suites East Broad at 270 take pride in facilitating great guest stay experiences. I am sorry that your pool time was not as pleasant, thank you for bring this to my attention.
On behalf of the staff, I thank you for staying with us recently and look forward to hosting your next stay whenever you come back to Columbus.
Kalamazoo, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

We stayed 4 nights here and we were extreamly happy! The staff was nice, the hotel was clean, the breakfast had a good selection. My only complaint is the pool was a little small, but at least there was a pool. We really enjoyed our stay and wish we could have stayed longer. I don't normally write reviews but this hotel deserves a good one! If we are ever back in Columbus we won't be staying anywhere else! Highly recommended!!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple