“Perfect mix of service, value, ambience - excellent SPG property!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Four Points by Sheraton Columbus Ohio Airport

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #61 of 140 hotels in Columbus
East Chicago, Indiana
“Perfect mix of service, value, ambience - excellent SPG property!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2010

This hotel far exceeds my expectations every single time I walk in the door. The staff is genuinely friendly, go out of their way to meet and greet me and my coworkers, and to meet every single one of our needs (often anticipating the need before it arises). The rooms are fresh, crisp, and clean. The common space in the hotel is pristine - with a great menu available throughout the day and night in the restaurant, along with ideal meeting space for small and medium sized groups. The shuttle service to/from the hotel is prompt and courteous, and makes for a very convenient location for an airport arrival. Every hotel has many positive features - this hotel is the perfect combination of excellent service, true value for the price, fresh/homelike ambience, it's a bonus that it's part of the Starwood family of hotels, and after awhile it starts to feel like family. I would highly recommend this hotel to everyone!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business

163 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Hartford, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2010

Stayed here twice this week, great hotel, rooms are super clean, great bathroom/shower, free computers in the lobby, great bar and restaurant good food and priced right. If this is the future of Four Points they have a winner! I am a Platinum Starwood Member...

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Mr_TomG, Director of Sales at Four Points by Sheraton Columbus Ohio Airport, responded to this review, June 29, 2010
Thank you for your honest review of our property. I just wanted to take a minute to let you know that our property is actually the latest prototype for Four Points and all properties moving forward will be modeled after ours. We feel this is a great honor and hope everyone enjoys the property as much as you did.
Bloomington, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2010

Just spent a night at the relatively new Four Points Sheraton Columbus Airport. Got a good rate via Hotwire and that does have some bearing on my feeling.

Overall it was a very good experience, would certainly consider staying here again and would recommend it to others (especially at the rate we got via Hotwire).

I do have one *MAJOR* issue/complaint, however, the pool photo shown on their website? I'd like to know where the heck that pool is at the hotel. The hotel pool is a *postage stamp* size *indoor* pool - not a luxurious outdoor pool as "shown" on the website. As I look closer, it even appears that the pool on the website is a rendering. Maybe it was planned that way and/or will eventually be constructed, but it sure doesn't exist that way now.

Had two other *minor* issues, neither of which were really problems. First is that I had booked the room for 2 adults and 1 child, and they "gave" us a room with a single bed. I confess, I didn't call in advance to confirm a room with 2 beds, but that's because I never considered the possibility that they would give a booking for 3 people a single bed. There was absolutely no problem and the front desk quickly gave us a room with 2 beds, but if they hadn't had one available . . . (and I will always try to confirm a room with 2 beds when using Hotwire in the future).

The second was that the in-room coffee had 2 "decafs" and no regular coffees, hello? Again, not a problem and the front desk supplied "leaded" coffee without any questions upon request.

To recap my other observations:

Pro:
Nice, new, hotel with nice lobby, etc;
Staff was pleasant & professional, taking care of the minor glitches we encountered;
Lobby bar had a good beer selection and prices weren't outrageous;
Room was clean, and nicely decorated;
Beds, linens, etc were nice;
Nice shower (but see below).

Cons:
Pool not as "advertised" on the website photos;
Minor glitches encountered (see text of review);
Bathroom was shower only, not a problem for me, and they might have rooms with tubs, but it's worth noting and might be a con for some travelers;
Not much in walking distance (which I like in a hotel, but certainly don't expect with an "airport" hotel).

As much of what I talked about above issues/complaints, I don't want to give the impression I didn't like the hotel, I did like it. That said, but had I booked it expecting a nice outdoor pool, I would have suffered a *major* disappointment.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Mr_TomG, Director of Sales at Four Points by Sheraton Columbus Ohio Airport, responded to this review, June 16, 2010
Thank you for your recent review of our new property. I apologize for the confusion in the picture of our swimming pool. Our intention is not to mislead anyone, we are currently working with our vendor to get an actual picture of our heated indoor pool uploaded.
Chattanooga, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2010

I just wanted to take time out to let you know about my stay at the Four Points by Sheraton, Columbus Ohio Airport. After working 10 hours on Friday May 4th 2010, I drove up to Columbus, from Chattanooga TN. I arrived at the hotel at 5am. Needless to say I was exhausted. All I wanted to was to check in and GO TO SLEEP. My check in was very quick (which was GREAT) the attendant was incredibly pleasant for 5am. When I got to my room I was very surprised to see the bright pretty colors in the room. It was very modern and upbeat!! The colors made me almost not want to go to sleep. But I settled down and was able to drift off. Later that morning I went down to the lobby I found it to be more beautiful that it was at 5am. I had the opportunity to meet the manager of the hotel Durand Sweat. I expressed to him how excellent I my stay had been. He thanked me for choosing to stay at the Four Points and asked if I would fill out this survey.
Overall my stay deserved a perfect 10!!!
THANK YOU !!!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Orlando, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2010

Beautiful hotel with very comfortable modern rooms. Staff was very helpful and assisted our group promptly with all requests. The meeting room was very comfortable, large, and well looked after. There were seemless transitions with dining services for the groups requested meals. On the down side, the rooms had repeated problems with room keys not working (however staff quickly responded to help each time with each guest) and the food in the dining room was just okay.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Port Charlotte, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2010

Hotel was beautiful, in a good location and all the hotel employees were very nice. Room was the best looking hotel room I have ever seen, so much so that it didn't feel like you were in a hotel but in a guest room at a friends house. The bed was absolutely amazing! Very comfortable and not at all what you would ecpect from a hotel bed. I wish my bed at home was as comfortable. This was probably one of the best, if not THE best, hotel expierences I have ever had. Great Job!!!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled solo
Brook Park, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2010

Great hotel. Modern, clean and a friendly staff. The room was lovely and inviting, but the best part was the bed. It was sooooooooooooooo comfortable. I had to force myself to get up in the morning. And don't get me started on those pillows. We will definately stay here again.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Columbus Ohio Airport? Share your experiences!