“Below expectations” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #58 of 142 Hotels in Columbus
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Below expectations”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

I am not sure if I just happened to pick a bad week but I found this place filthy. There were weird brown stains on the walls in the bathroom and near the bed where I needed to charge my phone. Dust and old skittles under the dresser drawers which I only saw because I dropped something. Staff was nice but I won't ever do this hotel again - I'm a Starwood fan but clearly I need a Westin or W only. Also, the rooms facing the parking lot are flooded with the lights from the lot and no blackout curtains. Expect plane noise but it is an airport hotel.

Room Tip: Don't get a room facing parking lot!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Emily F, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Columbus Ohio Airport, responded to this review, May 5, 2014
Hi JCulp2014,
Thank you for your feedback. As we tend to receive positive feedback regarding our convenient location to the airport, I’m sorry to hear that this hotel feature led to a negative experience for you. I apologize for the noise and any displeasing aspects of the room you found. We appreciate receiving reviews like yours because it allows us to grow and work to provide an even better experience for guests moving forward. Thank you for taking the time to write your review, and I apologize for any inconveniences.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

SPG has done a great job with this hotel. It is very well laid out and the rooms are great. SPG continues to offer on the other end of the portfolio, great hotels. The shower was great (water pressure is fantastic). The beds are "heavenly". The room was excellent.
The hotel shuttle is on demand to the airport and didn't wait long to be picked up from the airport.

Room Tip: Not sure there is bad room in the place.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Hi Scott H,
Thank you for sharing your great feedback with us. We appreciate your loyalty to SPG and hope to see you again next time you are in the area!
Rochester Hills, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

Am SPG platinum and my wife and I stayed here as we had an early morning flight to Cancun and we flew out of DTW and arrived late.. . .
I called the front desk and asked about the free shuttle service... she stated it will come by but we waited and waited and nothing came . . .it was cold so we decided to cab it.

When we arrived she was not too friendly but figured it might be because she is late shift and tired. I asked for highest floor as my wife is very noise averse (I specifically asked for it on my reservation) and she stated "thats all we have on 2nd floor"

Well we went up to our room and thought the room wasnt too bad but then went down to bar to have quick late night drink and when we came back up to room our 3rd floor neighbors were doing a rendition of riverdance.. . so I called down to front desk and complained and she stated "she will call them etc" well the noise continued.. . .and needless to say in a freak accident as my wife was so disturbed by the constant noise she hurt her knee... . .
needless to say we will never stay here as this place not only had bad service but the fact my wife injured her knee truly makes us feel this place is possessed . . .never again will we stay here.

Its funny how service related issues or lack thereof can color your experience as the hotel itself isnt bad at all and is quite pleasant .

Room Tip: Stay on highest floor
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Hello ledezmacjl,
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay, as we always strive to create the most warm and welcoming atmosphere for our guests. I hope that your wife’s knee is doing better and that you give us another chance to win your loyalty. I’m pleased to hear that you enjoyed the hotel overall and am sorry that the service you experienced did not meet expectations.
Pittsburgh,pa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014

This was a great Hotel. I was in town for a family event and used my Priceline.com app. I was surpised at the vaule of the hotel. Great staff Great room. It was a European style room. Nice amenties. Only drawback was that the TV was small. It had free water (a rarity in the hotel business) I slept very very well. even though it was a close to the airport it wasnt that bad. Close to Easton mall. I will stay again in the future.

Room Tip: Use Priceline.com
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Aurora, Colorado, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

I just stayed her while in town for business and found this hotel clean and convenient to the airport. The restaurant wasn't open for lunch which was a bummer, so I grabbed a sandwich across the street at Jimmy John's. My only complaint is itchy sheets- I don't like the material.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Baltimore, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

I spend over 250 nights a year in hotels, and I rarely have issues with hotels, but this Four Points by Sheraton had awful shuttle service at 10pm on a Wednesday night - it took the shuttle more than 40 minutes to provide me with a 6 minute ride. But it gave me a chance to look at all the hotels in the area that seemed to have more reliable shuttle service including the Marriott, the Holiday Inn, Hilton and even Best Western as these shuttles drove by repeatedly in the 40 minutes I was waiting for the Four Points Shuttle.

When I initially called I was told it would take 15-20 minutes for the shuttle to reach me. I thought that seemed like a long time, but when I called back after 30 minutes of no shuttle, I was told that they had forgotten to put the request in for my airport pick up.

The wifi is also terribly slow, so much so that it painful to write this complaint.

It seems like there are quite a few hotels in the area. I would not recommend this one, and as in the title ... keep on looking!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Bangkok, Thailand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

Pleasant stay at Four points very clean hotel with nice surrounding. Breakfast was good and value for money. I stayed there for 3 nights and will stay there again. staff was friendly and helpful. Enjoyed my stay

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Emily F, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Columbus Ohio Airport, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
Hi ShivendraJaiswal,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I’m pleased to hear you enjoyed your most recent stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back and appreciate your loyalty!

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Columbus Ohio Airport? Share your experiences!