“Clean and well-kept, but not perfect” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #58 of 141 hotels in Columbus
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Clean and well-kept, but not perfect”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

Our family of 4 recently stayed in 2 rooms for one evening, while passing through Columbus. First impressions were good. Decor was basic, but clean and well-maintained. The bed was also comfortable. There were a few drawbacks though. We found a cockroach crawling up the curtain next to the bed. The room's furnace was very loud when it kicked on. I had difficulty sleeping. The hotel also advertised free wifi. Our teens were able to connect in their room, but we could not connect in ours. My husband tried the lobby at one point, and could only get an extremely slow connection there. Both on check in and at check out, the drive in front of the hotel was packed with cars. It would have been nice to be able to load and unload our luggage at the doors. It was snowing as we were checking out. The snow-covered line of cars in the entry drive looked as if they had been parked there for quite awhile. So, we ended up carrying our luggage a fair distance in the snow to pack up the car. No employees were on hand to assist at check-in or check-out. It was ok, but we probably would not stay there again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

163 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Ann Arbor, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

I was leaving for a 10-day trip and had to park somewhere in addition to spend the night close to the airport because of bad winter weather. The Sheraton's park and stay package worked out well and saved money in the long term. Had a beer and sandwich in the bar which were both good and friendly staff to boot. They scheduled the shuttle to the airport exactly when I needed it. Upon return, I was delayed until after midnight so the shuttle stopped running, but a quick taxi right to the hotel was no big deal. My vehicle battery was dead and a hotel staff guy came out in single digit weather to jump my truck with their van. Overall the experience was very good and simplified my trip on the Ohio end significantly. I would stay there again in similar circumstances.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Poland, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014 via mobile

Love th hotel , great people @ front desk & resturant , but rooms have some faults. Heater was impossible to regulate ,no mirrors in room & room was not too soundproof , heard people talkin out in hall , a few times , between midnight & 2am . Beds were grt &room & bath were very clean.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
NYC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013

Brand new little Starwood concept that is right near the Columbus airport. Clean and modern rooms. Good rates. I slept like a big fat baby. This is a great improvement over similar priced hotels (courtyard).

Sound proofing in my room was the only drawback. Thin walls.

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
TPGCMH, Director of Sales at Four Points by Sheraton Columbus Ohio Airport, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
Thank you for your honest feedback. We are glad you slept so well.
We hope to see you in the New Year!
Tom
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

We've stayed in Four Points before and were very disappointed in this hotel's service to the customer. The Staff seems very rushed and unconcerned with the quality of service they provide to the customer. Since the seem to have a steady stream of Pilots and flight attendance staying in the Hotel all other customers are considered less important. We actually stayed in this hotel for three days, on the first day we had a problem with our room contacted the front desk several time and NO ACTION was ever taken in solving our problem. We finally just sucked it up and tried to enjoy our visit. The Hotel itself is nice, it's certainly not a 4 or 5 star hotel by any means. But if your looking for clean, fairly comfortable it will do, just don't expect good service. For the price you would expect a better value. I would recommend you avoid this hotel and go somewhere else. I would recommend the Lofts where we stayed when we first when through columbus on our trip up east. On the way back we stayed here, a mistake for us. Most Four Points are pretty nice but I think this one drops the ball. Look elsewhere for the price!

Room Tip: I'm not sure there is a good room in this hotel!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Timothy;

Thank you for taking the time to rate our property.
I am disappointed you did not receive better service.
Being a part of the Starwood family, we pride our self on giving everyone the same great service.
It sounds like we did not live up to that expectation for you.
Please contact me directly the next time you are in the area and we will make sure we make it up to you.
Tom
Deltona, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

Arrived at the hotel at noon. Check in is at 3 PM however, at other hotels we’ve arrived earlier and was able to get our room. This day we had to come back 1/5 hours later. When we returned the room was ready. When the clerk signed into the system he did not put in for the 2 nights as we had booked and I had to go back down to have this corrected. The room was large, bright and very clean. The bed is alright for one night but after the second night I felt it in my back. They either need a thick mattress pad (because the one that was on there is more of a mattress cover) or a new mattress.

I felt there was not enough room to hang clothes. They did not have a regular closet but had a combination coffee/tea server, iron and ironing board and clothing wardrobe. No refrigerator or safe for valuables. There was a long table for a computer and chair along with some cubbies (yes, just like kindergarten) for clothes, socks etc. I did not like this set up at all. However, even being close to the airport the airplane noise was not bad. The gathering room was not set up for seating the number of people who wanted to relax there. I did not use the pool, spa or eat there so I cannot comment on these. I would recommend this hotel but not for an extended stay.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

A bit noisy so I always stay on the 4th floor. Hotel is clean....a little older. Service is very good. Restaurant is decent. Good hotel for the $99.00 rate.
Close to the airport and Easton station . Gas station right next door.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Columbus Ohio Airport? Share your experiences!