“Family stopover” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #67 of 142 Hotels in Columbus
St. Louis
“Family stopover”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

Booked 2 nights on the end of a family Vacation to enjoy my old Hometown having joined Spg Rewards and staying at Fourpoints before I was expecting a nice bed and room and was not disappointed the staff was nothing but nice even to my kids the only Creep out Factor was one morning I went to get ice we had slept in till 9 and on my way Housekeeping wanted to know if we wanted room made up I replied yes and they asked when, gee I guess when we are gone. "Ok in about an hour" right Maybe with two kids and spouse maybe seemed like they were waiting to pounce on our room like it was their last one to do I felt a little Rushed.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Mr_TomG, Director of Sales at Four Points by Sheraton Columbus Ohio Airport, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Thank you for your comments about the hotel.
I will pass along your housekeeping comments, as that is not acceptable.
Other than that, I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope you will be back again.
Tom

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Edison, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

This is one of the best business hotels I have stayed for some time. The rooms are spacious and well designed with attention to detail. The table, plug points to charge your devices, cheery decor, very clean and comfortable beds.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review on our property from a business persons point of view.
Starwood has taken extra steps to make the property fit your needs.
Please keep us in mind the next time you pass through.
Philadelphia, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

We needed to spend a couple nights in Columbus/Dayton area, preferably using some of my Starwoods points. I'm generally apprehensive of Four Points (bad personal experience in Shanghai; friends usually not thrilled with the experience), but this hotel was a pleasant surprise overall. All a mid-range hotel should be - clean, nicely appointed room, prompt service. Unlike your typical Sheraton, the wi-fi is free even if you don't have a preferred Starwood status. Also unlike most Starwood properties, the breakfast is very reasonably priced - and quite good, too.

Easy access to the airport, seems to be popular with the flight crews. Easy access to pretty much all three (or is it four) interstates crossing the great state of Ohio.

One issue, not unusual for lower-end Starwood properties, is the A/C unit. It cycles on/off during the night. The noise it makes is, of course, less than an F-15 taking off from an aircraft carrier, but not by much. That did interfere with our sleep until we got used to it.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Great Falls, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

This Four Points is a very nice property, and it is much nicer than most hotels you'll find near an airport. It is well-designed, attractive, and clean. Our roon was spacious and clean, and the beds were comfortable. The staff was friendly and helpful. A special thanks to the bartender who made me a drink when we arrived although he was cleaning up and it was already past closing time.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Prosper, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

Have stayed here a couple times while in area and always pleased. Staff very good and rooms very well appointed. Lisa in restaurant was great this trip! Location next to CMH is perfect. Easton just up the road.

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Winston Salem, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

The Pros:

* The hotel is super close to the airport, and it's easy to get back and forth.
* The hotel offers a parking deal if you prefer not to park your vehicle at the airport while you're traveling.
* There is a great selection of channels on the TV.
* The bed is very comfortable.
* The bathroom is huge.
* The eco-friendly shampoo, conditioner, and body wash dispensers in the shower are a really nice touch!
* The hotel has a great gym overlooking the pool, with great equipment, super cold drinking water, and clean-up wipes.

The Cons:

* My husband called the hotel directly and made our room reservation, securing the reservation with his credit card. Knowing that I would arrive before him, he asked that I be allowed to check in without him, and without his credit card. He was told this was no problem. He called again the evening before our arrival to confirm. Again, he was told this would be no problem, and was told that this was noted on our reservation. When I arrived, before my husband, I was told I couldn't check in unless I provided another credit card. I mentioned that my husband had made arrangements and had received confirmation that I could check in before him. The person checking me in then called the manager to the desk and I was told to go wait in the lobby area. After some whispers and uncomfortable glances from the desk, I was permitted to check in. Not a great way to start our stay. I'm sure the front desk staff are nice people, and were just doing their jobs, but somewhere there was a break in communication between them and the folks securing reservations. This is enough to cause a person to not return to the hotel.
* The restroom layout is interesting, with the towels no where near the shower, and the towel hangers located on the opposite side of the restroom altogether.
* The restroom had a sliding door, which didn't seal anywhere on the restroom wall. This prevented any kind of privacy or discretion.

Overall, our stay was fine, but we will not stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your candid review of our hotel.
We appreciate the large list of Cons that you outline for future travelers.
Regarding the issue upon check in, it has been escalated to the GM and will be addressed.
Please accept our apologies. I hope that you will give us an opportunity to make it right.
You may contact me directly the next time you are in the area.

Thomas Graffeo
Athens, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

This hotel is VERY close to the airport, which was an important factor in my choice to stay here. The check-in was fast and friendly - and the room was very clean, well-designed (in terms of layout, colors, bedding, and small details like plenty of pegs in the bathroom for hanging clothes and towels. (Many hotels don't have hooks/pegs, and I've always wondered why...). Storage in the rooms is also quite good - with bins under the work desk and a wardrobe for hanging things. Two pleasant surprises on this recent stay: A heated salt-water pool, and a phone call from the front desk about a half hour after I checked in to ask: "Is everything okay with the room?" I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Columbus Ohio Airport? Share your experiences!