“Great staff” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #58 of 142 Hotels in Columbus
Manchester, New Hampshire
“Great staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

I've stayed here many times and always been impressed with staff friendliness and helpfulness. The hotel is a bit off the beaten track, but still close to the airport and a 2 minute shuttle ride. Fast food within walking distance. Restaurant has limited number of offerings but the food was good and the waiter friendly.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Mr_TomG, Director of Sales at Four Points by Sheraton Columbus Ohio Airport, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to compliment our courteous staff.
When you return, please give our Points Bistro another try, I think you will find they have updated the menu, with most items made from scratch on site.
Tom

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

This hotel was very nice. The lobby and bar was decorated bright and cheerful. We did not eat or drink in the bar/cafe but we did peek inside and reviewed the menu. Bar drink prices were on par. We are SPG so we used points to book our room. We were surprised to be upgraded into a suite. Our initial entrance in the room was wow but as we got settled we could see things that needed a little cleaning and updating. Example, the coffee table was terribly wobbly and felt like it would fall apart. Drapes very dusty on top. The storage area under the flat screen TV had bins that were very stained. I wouldn't want to place my things in there. It was not visually appealing but the concept was nice. Bathroom was huge, lots of wasted space. The shower faucet proved to be a challenge to locate the hot water. The pool was unfortunately closed for repair but looked nice, as did the workout room. All in all I thought this was a nice hotel and I will stay their again. I do think a little more attention to the details of cleaning would be something they might want to put in a deep cleaning schedule.

Room Tip: If on the fourth floor you will hear the airplanes very well, if this is something that bothers you...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
FFSC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

I booked this Hotel at the same day using one of these engines where you don't see the hotel until you book. 5 minutes later I read the reviews here and then left for the trip / stayed two days there (expecting a good hotel).

Bad surprise:
Poor poor service at check in. Even after midnight, for the manager

"hey young men step over here"
+ another silly remark on how I booked the hotel,

it was most important to check my booking for several minutes
(later explained to change the amount of the security deposit ?????)
That I wanted to go to my room at that time of the day wasn't important

In the room one of the two beds was stained
(I come to think that some black stains are obviously ok there??
- it was soo easy to see when you approached the bed)
and also there were some sort of bread crumbs under the sheets of one bed
(""nice"" isn't it? - Hey - just pay more for your cleaning personnel
/ give them more time and they'll make it clean)
!!!

OH and the pool I was expecting wasn't even working (heat pump defective), what they could have advertised at the time of my booking -same day-
but ...
they decided to NOT advertise this.
Another rather unfriendly face Saturday morning at the front desk completed my experience.

I didn't try the "restaurant" as it seems to offer mostly some sandwiches - another point where I now see that you can't trust the other reviews.
and EXCUSE ME? NO AIRPLANE NOISE???
If planes fly directly over your head to land - and the hotel is directly under the approach path
of the airport (and I saw and heard the planes!!!),
how can there not be airplane noise ???

On top: No breakfast included - clearly I'd recommend to go someplace else!!

Room Tip: The planes seemed to fly -very low- diagonally over the hotel. I can't imagine a room that doesn...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Carlsbad, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

This hotel is very fresh and feels new. The beds are extremely comfortable. The staff is very attentive and helpful. The restaurant has a new updated menu. My meals were delicious. The airport shuttle is quick and efficient. While close to the airport, I only heard planes twice during my stay; never at night. This airport hotel is convenient to the of Columbus' business community.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013 via mobile

Super close to the airport, friendly bartender and amazing beds. The bathroom was also really great and the lobby has a nice cozy feel. I would definitely stay here again for business travel. Shop around for rates - we got a great deal.

• Stayed December 2012
Grand Prairie, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

Was sent here by Delta after getting bumped from a flight. The front desk clerk was efficient but not at all friendly or welcoming. The hotel was not very full but we were placed right next to an occupied room with a very loud TV. When we asked the clerk if we could move, he said he preferred to ask the other room to turn down the TV rather than "dirty" another room. We had only wheeled in our luggage at this point, so the room was by no means dirtied. Fortunately the adjacent room did quiet down. We had dinner in the restaurant, and my friend enjoyed his sandwich but my penne pasta had way too much oregano. Had I not been weary and tired and just wanting to get to my room I would have sent it back. The hotel is very contemporary but seems poorly constructed. The walls are thin, and our bathroom floor tile was cracked. One of the light fixtures was mounted crooked and there was a big chunk of coping tile missing from around the door. Our sink barely drained. The ice buckets are very modern, soft coolers but they leak. After we settled in, the HVAC unit started making strange noises like something was stuck in the fan, I ended up shutting it off to get some sleep, but I could still hear the units in other rooms start up. When the nearby jets started taking off, they could easily be heard, so the building must not be well-insulated. The hallways and elevator were both extremely cold. Breakfast is not included. There is a coffee maker in the room with enough coffee for one cup. There is no refrigerator or microwave. The hotel is nice-looking and very chic, but I think you could do better for the same price at one of the other nearby hotels such as the Best Western right next door.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Please accept our apologies for the events of your stay.
That is definitely out of the ordinary for this property. We pride ourselves on providing an excellent experience for all of our guests.
The next time your travels bring you back to Columbus, please contact the management directly so we can make it up to you.
Thank you for the honest feedback.
Delray Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

It has a soothing lobby with fireplace. The restaurant produced delicious meals and the price was excellent. My room was large and comfortable and quiet. The staff is very friendly. The location is great as it is only 10-15 minutes from downtown and 10 minutes from Easton shopping.

• Stayed December 2012
Mr_TomG, Director of Sales at Four Points by Sheraton Columbus Ohio Airport, responded to this review, December 28, 2012
Thank you for your honest feedback. We are glad you appreciate our convenient location and had a chance to sample some of our cooked to order food.
We look forward to your return visit.
Tom

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Columbus Ohio Airport? Share your experiences!