“Disappointing” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #67 of 142 Hotels in Columbus
Grand Prairie, Texas
“Disappointing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

Was sent here by Delta after getting bumped from a flight. The front desk clerk was efficient but not at all friendly or welcoming. The hotel was not very full but we were placed right next to an occupied room with a very loud TV. When we asked the clerk if we could move, he said he preferred to ask the other room to turn down the TV rather than "dirty" another room. We had only wheeled in our luggage at this point, so the room was by no means dirtied. Fortunately the adjacent room did quiet down. We had dinner in the restaurant, and my friend enjoyed his sandwich but my penne pasta had way too much oregano. Had I not been weary and tired and just wanting to get to my room I would have sent it back. The hotel is very contemporary but seems poorly constructed. The walls are thin, and our bathroom floor tile was cracked. One of the light fixtures was mounted crooked and there was a big chunk of coping tile missing from around the door. Our sink barely drained. The ice buckets are very modern, soft coolers but they leak. After we settled in, the HVAC unit started making strange noises like something was stuck in the fan, I ended up shutting it off to get some sleep, but I could still hear the units in other rooms start up. When the nearby jets started taking off, they could easily be heard, so the building must not be well-insulated. The hallways and elevator were both extremely cold. Breakfast is not included. There is a coffee maker in the room with enough coffee for one cup. There is no refrigerator or microwave. The hotel is nice-looking and very chic, but I think you could do better for the same price at one of the other nearby hotels such as the Best Western right next door.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Mr_TomG, Director of Sales at Four Points by Sheraton Columbus Ohio Airport, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Please accept our apologies for the events of your stay.
That is definitely out of the ordinary for this property. We pride ourselves on providing an excellent experience for all of our guests.
The next time your travels bring you back to Columbus, please contact the management directly so we can make it up to you.
Thank you for the honest feedback.
Tom

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Delray Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012 via mobile

It has a soothing lobby with fireplace. The restaurant produced delicious meals and the price was excellent. My room was large and comfortable and quiet. The staff is very friendly. The location is great as it is only 10-15 minutes from downtown and 10 minutes from Easton shopping.

• Stayed December 2012
Mr_TomG, Director of Sales at Four Points by Sheraton Columbus Ohio Airport, responded to this review, December 28, 2012
Thank you for your honest feedback. We are glad you appreciate our convenient location and had a chance to sample some of our cooked to order food.
We look forward to your return visit.
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

This is a nice property and a great friendly staff, and even a good restaurant and bar, the only reason im giving it an average is because the rooms were filthy, the staff tried helping by giving me another room, without hesitation but it was only slightly better, and i was too tired to move to another room again, the housekeeper who so called cleaned my room evidently picked the wrong career.

Room Tip: farther away from the elevator the better
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for your feedback.
Please accept our apologies on your housekeeping issues.
Be assured we have taken steps to correct this from reoccurring in the future.
We hope you will try our property again.
Deerfield, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

We got a great last minute deal for the Four Points in Columbus and were very happy with the stay overall. The hotel was clearly built in the last few years and approaching the hotel the exterior was contemporary and overall looked great. The lobby and other communal areas were well kept and welcoming. I did not use the gym or pool during my one day stay, but all equipment looked to be high quality and in good order.

Interaction with hotel employees was minimal, but there were no complaints.

The room was very nice and in general they found solutions to typical hotel issues that annoy me. First of these was ample power outlets. I was able to plug in my phone at the night stand and my laptop anywhere in the room. The window treatments were rolling verticals, combating the typical outside light that always ends up getting into the room. The shower had dispensers for soap and shampoo instead of the typical small bottles. As someone with environmental concern, I really appreciated this. Overall the furniture was nice, the decor was clean and contemporary and the feel of the room was great. The bed was high quality, pillows not overstuffed and there were plenty of towels in the bathroom.

Two main complaints. The first was the nontraditional rolling pockets style door for the bathroom. The door does not completely close, creating privacy issues and the door itself did not roll smoothly. I get that this door creates more space in the room, but I think it was a bad design/idea. My other complaint...instead of drawers there were small baskets that were recessed into the shelves. A someone who likes unpacking in a hotel room, I didn't like these baskets which had very little room.

I would recommend this hotel. There were many elements of the room design that I appreciated, but a few that really annoyed me.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
atlanta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

This is a very nice hotel. It's about 10 minutes or less from the airport and located near a few eating places which has fast food.

The only concerns that I had was that there was no continental breakfast in the morning. Also, the pool was visible from the outside. There wasn't any privacy. I did enjoy the work out room. I got a decent rate on hotels.com. The hotel was very clean and the staff was very helpful.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Hi Theresa;

Thank you for taking the time to review our property.
We are sorry you did not enjoy the open feeling all of the glass provides surrounding our pool.
It was designed to let in as much natural light as possible.
Even though we do not provide a complimentary breakfast, I hope you were able to enjoy the food that is available day and night from our Points Bistro restaurant.
Kingston, Jamaica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

My team booked this hotel for 3 nights. On the first night there was some mix up and one 1 person from the group ended up staying at the hotel for the first night. The night manager (Joseph) was very kind and helpful. He admitted the error and sought to make things better. So he arranged for the three of us to stay by the Westin (easily one of the best hotels in Columbus), a car to take us there the night we arrived and pick us up in the morning to come back to Four Points, at no cost to us, he arranged free breakfast when we got back to Four Points and gave us some points. We were very appreciative of this as we had a long flight getting there. From then on things got better. The rooms were very big and spacious. The hotel itself is newly built and very modern in its decor. The rooms were clean, the staff friendly. There was only a shower in the bathroom (maybe a problem if you're a bath kinda person) but quite nice for me. The facilties there were adequate, nice gym. The location is close to main attractions and though nicely located within minutes of the airport i could hear no noise of airplane.
Overall fanatastic experience and i was very impressed. Would stay there again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

Last minute trip to spend time with family so I turned in some points and this is where we ended up.

The hotel is friendly and clean. I was surprised what a great experience we had because it was an airport hotel.

We ate dinner with the family there and it was good. It was nice to actually visit where it wasn't noisy and we didn't have to stand in any lines with children.

The next morning we had breakfast for $10.00 and it was good. It's not a buffet and selections are limited but to start the day off we felt it was just right.

I would return to this hotel without hesitation. It was only 4 miles to the Awesome shopping center and my only regret is we didn't have more time to stay longer.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Columbus Ohio Airport? Share your experiences!