“Great hotel, but ...” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #64 of 142 Hotels in Columbus
atlanta
“Great hotel, but ...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

This is a very nice hotel. It's about 10 minutes or less from the airport and located near a few eating places which has fast food.

The only concerns that I had was that there was no continental breakfast in the morning. Also, the pool was visible from the outside. There wasn't any privacy. I did enjoy the work out room. I got a decent rate on hotels.com. The hotel was very clean and the staff was very helpful.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Mr_TomG, Director of Sales at Four Points by Sheraton Columbus Ohio Airport, responded to this review, December 28, 2012
Hi Theresa;

Thank you for taking the time to review our property.
We are sorry you did not enjoy the open feeling all of the glass provides surrounding our pool.
It was designed to let in as much natural light as possible.
Even though we do not provide a complimentary breakfast, I hope you were able to enjoy the food that is available day and night from our Points Bistro restaurant.
Tom

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Kingston, Jamaica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

My team booked this hotel for 3 nights. On the first night there was some mix up and one 1 person from the group ended up staying at the hotel for the first night. The night manager (Joseph) was very kind and helpful. He admitted the error and sought to make things better. So he arranged for the three of us to stay by the Westin (easily one of the best hotels in Columbus), a car to take us there the night we arrived and pick us up in the morning to come back to Four Points, at no cost to us, he arranged free breakfast when we got back to Four Points and gave us some points. We were very appreciative of this as we had a long flight getting there. From then on things got better. The rooms were very big and spacious. The hotel itself is newly built and very modern in its decor. The rooms were clean, the staff friendly. There was only a shower in the bathroom (maybe a problem if you're a bath kinda person) but quite nice for me. The facilties there were adequate, nice gym. The location is close to main attractions and though nicely located within minutes of the airport i could hear no noise of airplane.
Overall fanatastic experience and i was very impressed. Would stay there again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

Last minute trip to spend time with family so I turned in some points and this is where we ended up.

The hotel is friendly and clean. I was surprised what a great experience we had because it was an airport hotel.

We ate dinner with the family there and it was good. It was nice to actually visit where it wasn't noisy and we didn't have to stand in any lines with children.

The next morning we had breakfast for $10.00 and it was good. It's not a buffet and selections are limited but to start the day off we felt it was just right.

I would return to this hotel without hesitation. It was only 4 miles to the Awesome shopping center and my only regret is we didn't have more time to stay longer.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Issaquah, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012 via mobile

Stayed 2 nights for the OSU game. Service was fantastic. Helpful and attentive. Hotel is only a couple years old. They have nice rooms, pool, workout facilities and the location near the airport is convenient. Restaurant had good food and reasonably priced. You don't notice any airplane noise until you step outside.

• Stayed October 2012
charleston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

This property is very clean, quick check in and check out. Staff is very friendly. It's close to all attractions, downtown, Easton, Crew stadium. And free parking which is a PLUS, downtown is over $25 a day. This is my 2nd time staying here and I will be back! :-)

Room Tip: either side is good to watch the airplanes take off and land.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Clearwater, FL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

Stayed here in early September when we came into town for a football game.

Decor of the hotel is nice, great beds (as with all Sheraton hotels), nice amenities (including free shuttle to/from the airport), close to the airport and near some decent fast food choices (including some open late), good price, but needs some some tweaking regarding staff and window treatments. The hotel is right in the airport flight path, but the sound insulation seemed to be decent and plane noise doesn't really bother us anyhow. Can't speak to the indoor pool, fitness room, restaurant/food or bar since we were out and about most of the time we were there and didn't use them.

My first issue was that I couldn't understand the shuttle drivers, nor the front desk guy who checked me in that first night... their foreign accents were way too heavy. With the front desk guy, I eventually just took my key, gave up and and nodded after asking him to repeat a couple of things that I couldn't understand the second time around either. Sorry, if you work in the U,S. in a job where you need to interact directly with people, you need to work on your English so that English-speaking customers can understand you. If I travel abroad, I understand that I must adjust to the local language, but in the U.S. I should not need a translator.

The hotel has rather unique room darkener shades rather than blinds or room darkener curtains. They work very well to block the light. Unfortunately, the one in our room did not go up and down like it should. The chain to raise and lower it would jam and come off the track. Had to have someone come up to the room to "fix" it the first night to get it down. Had to have someone come back the next day as well. The guy that came up the second time stood on the flimsy metal cover of A/C unit to work on the shade (really... you thought it was designed to support your weight???) and bowed in the top of the A/C unit. Also left dirty handprints on the shade. Before he used the A/C unit as a ladder, he had stood on the rolling desk chair (this was right up against a huge 4th floor window... yikes!). I simply gave up trying to open the shade the following day. My suggestion here is that you replace the shade assembly in Room 433 or at least, train the maintenance folks on how to fix it right (and give them some safety lessons while you're at it!)

After I got home, I tried to reach the manager to discuss these issues. My husband and I do a lot of traveling. I'm Gold level with the Starwood Hotels and generally love staying at them since I know I'll generally get a wonderfully comfortable bed and great service. This was actually a points stay for me. I figured that the manager might appreciate finding out about some fixable issues, and I also didn't want them thinking that WE had bowed the top of the A/C unit. However, I called twice during the day and couldn't reach him/her. Left voicemail the second time with my phone number, but never got a call back.

Nice hotel, good price, but good service is important to me and I'm not sure I would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Raleigh NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

I had to come into the Columbus area for a weekend. I normally stay at luxury hotels, such as the Ritz Carlton or Four Seasons. Unfortunately, for a city the size of Columbus, there really isn't any luxury options. Since I am a Starwoods member, I looked at the available options that didnt require me to drive in the city, and this property stood out. In short, if I am in the Columbus area, I wouldn't hesitate to return.

Highlights:
The hotel is very clean.
My room was clean and modern.
Flat panel TVs.
Wall mounted thermastats.
Staff is pleasant.
Hotel is inexpensive.
Close to Easton Mall.
Large walk-in tiled shower.

Not so good:
Directly underneath the flight path of airport. If you are a light sleeper, I'd pick a different location.
Bathroom door is a sliding door that doesnt muffle any bathroom noise (no privacy).

Room Tip: Top floor appears to be for SPG guests. Tin roof means you'll hear the rain when its pouring, a...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Columbus Ohio Airport? Share your experiences!