“Great stay, away from downtown!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #57 of 141 Hotels in Columbus
charleston
“Great stay, away from downtown!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

This property is very clean, quick check in and check out. Staff is very friendly. It's close to all attractions, downtown, Easton, Crew stadium. And free parking which is a PLUS, downtown is over $25 a day. This is my 2nd time staying here and I will be back! :-)

Room Tip: either side is good to watch the airplanes take off and land.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Clearwater, FL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

Stayed here in early September when we came into town for a football game.

Decor of the hotel is nice, great beds (as with all Sheraton hotels), nice amenities (including free shuttle to/from the airport), close to the airport and near some decent fast food choices (including some open late), good price, but needs some some tweaking regarding staff and window treatments. The hotel is right in the airport flight path, but the sound insulation seemed to be decent and plane noise doesn't really bother us anyhow. Can't speak to the indoor pool, fitness room, restaurant/food or bar since we were out and about most of the time we were there and didn't use them.

My first issue was that I couldn't understand the shuttle drivers, nor the front desk guy who checked me in that first night... their foreign accents were way too heavy. With the front desk guy, I eventually just took my key, gave up and and nodded after asking him to repeat a couple of things that I couldn't understand the second time around either. Sorry, if you work in the U,S. in a job where you need to interact directly with people, you need to work on your English so that English-speaking customers can understand you. If I travel abroad, I understand that I must adjust to the local language, but in the U.S. I should not need a translator.

The hotel has rather unique room darkener shades rather than blinds or room darkener curtains. They work very well to block the light. Unfortunately, the one in our room did not go up and down like it should. The chain to raise and lower it would jam and come off the track. Had to have someone come up to the room to "fix" it the first night to get it down. Had to have someone come back the next day as well. The guy that came up the second time stood on the flimsy metal cover of A/C unit to work on the shade (really... you thought it was designed to support your weight???) and bowed in the top of the A/C unit. Also left dirty handprints on the shade. Before he used the A/C unit as a ladder, he had stood on the rolling desk chair (this was right up against a huge 4th floor window... yikes!). I simply gave up trying to open the shade the following day. My suggestion here is that you replace the shade assembly in Room 433 or at least, train the maintenance folks on how to fix it right (and give them some safety lessons while you're at it!)

After I got home, I tried to reach the manager to discuss these issues. My husband and I do a lot of traveling. I'm Gold level with the Starwood Hotels and generally love staying at them since I know I'll generally get a wonderfully comfortable bed and great service. This was actually a points stay for me. I figured that the manager might appreciate finding out about some fixable issues, and I also didn't want them thinking that WE had bowed the top of the A/C unit. However, I called twice during the day and couldn't reach him/her. Left voicemail the second time with my phone number, but never got a call back.

Nice hotel, good price, but good service is important to me and I'm not sure I would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Raleigh NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

I had to come into the Columbus area for a weekend. I normally stay at luxury hotels, such as the Ritz Carlton or Four Seasons. Unfortunately, for a city the size of Columbus, there really isn't any luxury options. Since I am a Starwoods member, I looked at the available options that didnt require me to drive in the city, and this property stood out. In short, if I am in the Columbus area, I wouldn't hesitate to return.

Highlights:
The hotel is very clean.
My room was clean and modern.
Flat panel TVs.
Wall mounted thermastats.
Staff is pleasant.
Hotel is inexpensive.
Close to Easton Mall.
Large walk-in tiled shower.

Not so good:
Directly underneath the flight path of airport. If you are a light sleeper, I'd pick a different location.
Bathroom door is a sliding door that doesnt muffle any bathroom noise (no privacy).

Room Tip: Top floor appears to be for SPG guests. Tin roof means you'll hear the rain when its pouring, a...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Charlottesville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

I got a great price on a room in time for the Country Living Magazine Fair at the Ohio Village, September 2012. I flew out from my home in Virginia, and wanted to stay near the airport. I wanted somewhere that would offer room service if there is no buffet (I hate having to hustle and get dressed without having a small pot of coffee and something to eat), and someplace with a bar and good food, as I was meeting friends in Columbus. I settled on this hotel, which met all my expectations with a smile. The decor is like new and the place is squeaky clean. My room was comfortable, and I barely heard the noise from the airport. The restaurant- only open for breakfast or dinner- had a variety of low to mid priced options that pleased. The bartender/server Mike was as friendly and accomodating as could be. He seemed to be the only server on staff so was extremely busy- but the food got served on time (hot or cold as orered) and the refills were met. One evening- he was up late in the bar serving customers, drove one home (the customer had been stranded around midnight), and it was Mike who brought me my breakfast room service at 7:00 a.m the next day. Give this guy a raise and get him some help! He is just great! The front desk service was friendly and accomodating. I enjoyed the tourist information about Columbus on the desk near the elevators with USA Today. The only downside I can speak to is that even though I was halfway down the hall from the elevator I could hear it ding at all hours. Interestingly- it was louder than the planes arriving or departing from CMH. It was far enough away not to affect my sleep - but if the "ding" could be muffled there would be very happy guests.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
TPGCMH, Director of Sales at Four Points by Sheraton Columbus Ohio Airport, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to evaluate our property and commend Mike.
I am glad you experienced the fresh food we prepare in our Bistro.

I have passed along your feedback about the elevator, hopefully when you return you will not hear it 'ding'.
Safe Travels,
Tom
Lima, OH
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

I selected this off-airport hotel due to a planned late arrival and a recent favorable review. I wasn't impressed. For those who want to look hip it will satisfy but it doesn't take too much to see through the bling to mediocrity beneath. There were some extra services like the restaurant that deserve a higher rating but I was simply looking for a well maintained and comfortable stay. The bed was not made up crisp, so I completed the housekeeping after checking the matress for bed bugs (there were none). The fitted sheet did not fit well and the ruffle had a stain, but the bed was comfortable. HVAC was good. There was mold/mildew in the shower corner that no one had bothered to clean up. There was a floor tile missing where moulding is normally used and the cheap desk moulding was coming apart. The chic decor was impractical, with open bins placed in combination desk/dresser open compartments and no nightstand drawers. There was a fake drawer to the left of the desk chair for appearance only. There was no bath tub, only a shower with a substantial gap in the swinging door to soak your bath mat. It is always irritating to get charged for toll-free and credit card calls, especially when paying a premium price such as this hotel. You can definitely find better value and there are plenty of other hotels off Cassidy Street. This one is not worth the price.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Whittier, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

Used Four Points by Sheraton due to an early morning flight the next morning. I found the room to be very adequate, although I was surprised that there was only a shower. Wifi worked great and the in room coffee maker was definitely used. Ate dinner at the bar/restaurant on the main floor and the staff was very accommodating to my dietary needs. I needed to return my rental car the day before the flight and the pickup/delivery van was timely. I had my reservation for morning drop off and we left on time. Mary, who was at the check-in desk was very helpful and offered suggestions on dining options in the area.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

I travel a lot by myself and pick my hotels carefully as security and comfort are big concerns for me - like most business travelers, I need to be well-rested to do my job effectively. Generally, I find airport area hotels to be a bit sketchy - this hotel is an exception - what a great place! Starting with the parking lot - large and well-lit with many spaces right in front of the hotel entrance. All of the employees were friendly and welcoming - the lobby and bar area are comfortable with many places to sit by yourself or with a group. They have a reliable shuttle to and from the airport if you need a lift. My room was well-designed, very clean with a comfortable bed. I highly recommend this hotel if you are traveling in and out of the Columbus airport.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Mr_TomG, Director of Sales at Four Points by Sheraton Columbus Ohio Airport, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
Wow!
What a great review.
We are very happy you noticed the extra steps Four Points has gone to make all travellers, especially females, feel safe and secure at all times.
Thank you for helping us get the word out!
Tom

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Columbus Ohio Airport? Share your experiences!