“Clean, Good Location, Helpful Service” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #58 of 142 Hotels in Columbus
Charlottesville
“Clean, Good Location, Helpful Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

I got a great price on a room in time for the Country Living Magazine Fair at the Ohio Village, September 2012. I flew out from my home in Virginia, and wanted to stay near the airport. I wanted somewhere that would offer room service if there is no buffet (I hate having to hustle and get dressed without having a small pot of coffee and something to eat), and someplace with a bar and good food, as I was meeting friends in Columbus. I settled on this hotel, which met all my expectations with a smile. The decor is like new and the place is squeaky clean. My room was comfortable, and I barely heard the noise from the airport. The restaurant- only open for breakfast or dinner- had a variety of low to mid priced options that pleased. The bartender/server Mike was as friendly and accomodating as could be. He seemed to be the only server on staff so was extremely busy- but the food got served on time (hot or cold as orered) and the refills were met. One evening- he was up late in the bar serving customers, drove one home (the customer had been stranded around midnight), and it was Mike who brought me my breakfast room service at 7:00 a.m the next day. Give this guy a raise and get him some help! He is just great! The front desk service was friendly and accomodating. I enjoyed the tourist information about Columbus on the desk near the elevators with USA Today. The only downside I can speak to is that even though I was halfway down the hall from the elevator I could hear it ding at all hours. Interestingly- it was louder than the planes arriving or departing from CMH. It was far enough away not to affect my sleep - but if the "ding" could be muffled there would be very happy guests.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
TPGCMH, Director of Sales at Four Points by Sheraton Columbus Ohio Airport, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to evaluate our property and commend Mike.
I am glad you experienced the fresh food we prepare in our Bistro.

I have passed along your feedback about the elevator, hopefully when you return you will not hear it 'ding'.
Safe Travels,
Tom

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Lima, OH
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

I selected this off-airport hotel due to a planned late arrival and a recent favorable review. I wasn't impressed. For those who want to look hip it will satisfy but it doesn't take too much to see through the bling to mediocrity beneath. There were some extra services like the restaurant that deserve a higher rating but I was simply looking for a well maintained and comfortable stay. The bed was not made up crisp, so I completed the housekeeping after checking the matress for bed bugs (there were none). The fitted sheet did not fit well and the ruffle had a stain, but the bed was comfortable. HVAC was good. There was mold/mildew in the shower corner that no one had bothered to clean up. There was a floor tile missing where moulding is normally used and the cheap desk moulding was coming apart. The chic decor was impractical, with open bins placed in combination desk/dresser open compartments and no nightstand drawers. There was a fake drawer to the left of the desk chair for appearance only. There was no bath tub, only a shower with a substantial gap in the swinging door to soak your bath mat. It is always irritating to get charged for toll-free and credit card calls, especially when paying a premium price such as this hotel. You can definitely find better value and there are plenty of other hotels off Cassidy Street. This one is not worth the price.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Whittier, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

Used Four Points by Sheraton due to an early morning flight the next morning. I found the room to be very adequate, although I was surprised that there was only a shower. Wifi worked great and the in room coffee maker was definitely used. Ate dinner at the bar/restaurant on the main floor and the staff was very accommodating to my dietary needs. I needed to return my rental car the day before the flight and the pickup/delivery van was timely. I had my reservation for morning drop off and we left on time. Mary, who was at the check-in desk was very helpful and offered suggestions on dining options in the area.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

I travel a lot by myself and pick my hotels carefully as security and comfort are big concerns for me - like most business travelers, I need to be well-rested to do my job effectively. Generally, I find airport area hotels to be a bit sketchy - this hotel is an exception - what a great place! Starting with the parking lot - large and well-lit with many spaces right in front of the hotel entrance. All of the employees were friendly and welcoming - the lobby and bar area are comfortable with many places to sit by yourself or with a group. They have a reliable shuttle to and from the airport if you need a lift. My room was well-designed, very clean with a comfortable bed. I highly recommend this hotel if you are traveling in and out of the Columbus airport.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Mr_TomG, Director of Sales at Four Points by Sheraton Columbus Ohio Airport, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
Wow!
What a great review.
We are very happy you noticed the extra steps Four Points has gone to make all travellers, especially females, feel safe and secure at all times.
Thank you for helping us get the word out!
Minneapolis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

Everything about my stay here met or exceeded expectations. When I landed at the airport, realized I had not checked to see if they had complimentary shuttle. I called the hotel and the person who answered was very polite and told me they did have a shuttle and how to find it (name on van is different than hotel name, so explanation was good to know).
Shuttle ride was fine. Check-in was smooth. Mary, who was at the front desk, was very helpful and friendly.

The room was spacious, very clean and nicely appointed. Dinner at the onsite restaurant was nice - decent variety of casual entrees, a nice open atmosphere and friendly service. I did not get the woman's name, but she was the hostess, bartender, and server. She did a great job of being attentive but not overbearing and letting me know I was welcome to hang out and watch the TV or whatever after I had finished eating. The food was good quality.

Check out was fast and easy. I will certainly return when in the Columbus area again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Akron, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

The pluses:

A well-kept and clean hotel on the inside and out. This hotel is probably not more than a few years old. Pleasant and accommodating front desk staff. Good price because of my employer's association with the hotel chain. Despite the probability of thin walls, the noise from neighboring rooms was non-existent. We enjoyed seeing the planes taking off directly above the hotel.

The minuses:

Bad odor. We were assigned a room on the fourth floor. It stunk! Not because it was dirty. It was a chemical smell. We think the odor was from the off-gassing of new furniture. Much like the smell of formaldehyde. The next room they gave us on the opposite wall of the hotel on the fourth floor smelled the same. We decided to deal with the room's olfactory challenges as we thought possibly all the rooms smelled the same? I'm surprised there have been no other reviews complaining about the odor. I wondered if we were given the smelly rooms because of the good price we received? Get what you pay for?

Staff tried to enter our room at 12:30am. Why a Sheraton staff member attempted to enter our room in the middle of the night is unknown to us. Maybe for a rendezvous or midnight nap? He said he was unaware that anyone was assigned to our room. This is probably because of our room change. While he was apologetic, it scared the crap out of us.

The bathroom. The heavy wood sliding door to the bathroom looks cool but it does not stay closed. The glass door to the shower presents with a gap which leaves water on the floor. The shower stall floor is slippery.

The decor. Upon first glance - it looks nice. But it's appearance is cheap and looks as if it was made it China. Just like everything else made in in the past ten years - it will fall apart in a couple of years.

The bar area. Not a drinker and didn't sit in the bar, but for a "bar" it was bright and cheery (I guess that's a negative for a bar?) with no ambiance.

The verdict: We only stayed here one night. If we'd had reservations for more than one night - we would have checked into another hotel - firstly because of the smell and secondly because of our midnight visitor. Would have given sleep quality an "excellent" rating had we not be woken up at 12:30am by the Sheraton staff.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Mr_TomG, Director of Sales at Four Points by Sheraton Columbus Ohio Airport, responded to this review, July 31, 2012
Thank you for your honest review of the hotel.
We do apologize for the interuption and odor you experienced.
I can assure that you were not assigned that room intentionally.
The GM is looking into your issues and we will resolve them.
Please let me know when you are back in the area and we will make things right for you.
Smiths Falls, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Very clean, comfortable and good value for your $$. Staff is very friendly and helpful. A good choice for a one night stay close to the airport.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Columbus Ohio Airport? Share your experiences!