“Great Service” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #63 of 142 Hotels in Columbus
Whittier, California
“Great Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

Used Four Points by Sheraton due to an early morning flight the next morning. I found the room to be very adequate, although I was surprised that there was only a shower. Wifi worked great and the in room coffee maker was definitely used. Ate dinner at the bar/restaurant on the main floor and the staff was very accommodating to my dietary needs. I needed to return my rental car the day before the flight and the pickup/delivery van was timely. I had my reservation for morning drop off and we left on time. Mary, who was at the check-in desk was very helpful and offered suggestions on dining options in the area.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

I travel a lot by myself and pick my hotels carefully as security and comfort are big concerns for me - like most business travelers, I need to be well-rested to do my job effectively. Generally, I find airport area hotels to be a bit sketchy - this hotel is an exception - what a great place! Starting with the parking lot - large and well-lit with many spaces right in front of the hotel entrance. All of the employees were friendly and welcoming - the lobby and bar area are comfortable with many places to sit by yourself or with a group. They have a reliable shuttle to and from the airport if you need a lift. My room was well-designed, very clean with a comfortable bed. I highly recommend this hotel if you are traveling in and out of the Columbus airport.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Mr_TomG, Director of Sales at Four Points by Sheraton Columbus Ohio Airport, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
Wow!
What a great review.
We are very happy you noticed the extra steps Four Points has gone to make all travellers, especially females, feel safe and secure at all times.
Thank you for helping us get the word out!
Minneapolis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

Everything about my stay here met or exceeded expectations. When I landed at the airport, realized I had not checked to see if they had complimentary shuttle. I called the hotel and the person who answered was very polite and told me they did have a shuttle and how to find it (name on van is different than hotel name, so explanation was good to know).
Shuttle ride was fine. Check-in was smooth. Mary, who was at the front desk, was very helpful and friendly.

The room was spacious, very clean and nicely appointed. Dinner at the onsite restaurant was nice - decent variety of casual entrees, a nice open atmosphere and friendly service. I did not get the woman's name, but she was the hostess, bartender, and server. She did a great job of being attentive but not overbearing and letting me know I was welcome to hang out and watch the TV or whatever after I had finished eating. The food was good quality.

Check out was fast and easy. I will certainly return when in the Columbus area again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Akron, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

The pluses:

A well-kept and clean hotel on the inside and out. This hotel is probably not more than a few years old. Pleasant and accommodating front desk staff. Good price because of my employer's association with the hotel chain. Despite the probability of thin walls, the noise from neighboring rooms was non-existent. We enjoyed seeing the planes taking off directly above the hotel.

The minuses:

Bad odor. We were assigned a room on the fourth floor. It stunk! Not because it was dirty. It was a chemical smell. We think the odor was from the off-gassing of new furniture. Much like the smell of formaldehyde. The next room they gave us on the opposite wall of the hotel on the fourth floor smelled the same. We decided to deal with the room's olfactory challenges as we thought possibly all the rooms smelled the same? I'm surprised there have been no other reviews complaining about the odor. I wondered if we were given the smelly rooms because of the good price we received? Get what you pay for?

Staff tried to enter our room at 12:30am. Why a Sheraton staff member attempted to enter our room in the middle of the night is unknown to us. Maybe for a rendezvous or midnight nap? He said he was unaware that anyone was assigned to our room. This is probably because of our room change. While he was apologetic, it scared the crap out of us.

The bathroom. The heavy wood sliding door to the bathroom looks cool but it does not stay closed. The glass door to the shower presents with a gap which leaves water on the floor. The shower stall floor is slippery.

The decor. Upon first glance - it looks nice. But it's appearance is cheap and looks as if it was made it China. Just like everything else made in in the past ten years - it will fall apart in a couple of years.

The bar area. Not a drinker and didn't sit in the bar, but for a "bar" it was bright and cheery (I guess that's a negative for a bar?) with no ambiance.

The verdict: We only stayed here one night. If we'd had reservations for more than one night - we would have checked into another hotel - firstly because of the smell and secondly because of our midnight visitor. Would have given sleep quality an "excellent" rating had we not be woken up at 12:30am by the Sheraton staff.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Mr_TomG, Director of Sales at Four Points by Sheraton Columbus Ohio Airport, responded to this review, July 31, 2012
Thank you for your honest review of the hotel.
We do apologize for the interuption and odor you experienced.
I can assure that you were not assigned that room intentionally.
The GM is looking into your issues and we will resolve them.
Please let me know when you are back in the area and we will make things right for you.
Smiths Falls, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Very clean, comfortable and good value for your $$. Staff is very friendly and helpful. A good choice for a one night stay close to the airport.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

We stay here when we visit our daughter. I was wondering if the rooms would be showing their wear after 3 or 4 years of being open. But I was pleasantly surprised that the room was still comfortable and clean. The only suggestion I would make to Four Points is to discontinue the sliding door for the bathroom. It's heavy and I would imagine a few fingers have gotten pinched. Also, ours didn't stay closed, it rolled back open, but we just put something there to hold it in place. Other than that, we will continue to stay here when we visit Columbus.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Mr_TomG, Director of Sales at Four Points by Sheraton Columbus Ohio Airport, responded to this review, June 18, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Fortunately the issue with your bathroom door is an isolated incident and has been reported to engineering.
We find guests like the fact the sliding door affords a larger bathroom.
We look forward to your return and keep the feedback coming.
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

I had a great experience at this hotel. The entire staff was excellent, including Emily, the bartender, who went out of her way to take care of a group of stranded travelers. What blew my mind, however, was a housekeeper named Gulia. While I was downstairs checking out, he came running out of the elevator with a book I'd left behind. Think about it. He saw me leave my room, saw the book, then took the time to come all the way downstairs to save me an inconvenience. Thanks Gulia!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
It is great to have the excellent service of our employees recognized.
They do work hard to make each guest feel special and your comments will be passed along to them.
The time you took to let us know is appreciate.
Hope to see you back soon.