“Bargain.....” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #68 of 142 Hotels in Columbus
Boston, Massachusetts
“Bargain.....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2011

Stayed here for the 2nd time, clean spacious rooms, convenient to airport, bar and food good and reasonably priced...basic but can't grumble at the price for what you get..good choice.

• Stayed December 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Sylvania, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2011

Loved the hotel room and the bathroom. We loved the shower and the fact there was not an icky shower curtain, but a nice glass door!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Crested Butte, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2011

Overall I enjoyed my stay. Great customer service...the guy working the night desk let me use his personal iPod cord to charge my I touch. It has a pizza place and a jimmy johns a 2 minute walk away. The restaurants curry was good. The workout Area was nice and the saline pool was a nice feature. My only dislike was they did nOt have dark out curtains. The lights from the parking lot were pretty bright.

• Stayed December 2011
Silver Spring, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2011

First of all I would like to say the property is nice. The Decor is very pretty. However, it seem like a ghost hotel. Not a lot of traffic. Kinda boring. But if boring is what you like....It's for you. I'm use to a lot of Bells and Whistles and movement. The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly?...... The Good: Close to airport, The walk-in shower (tres' Magnificent) Beds soft, (pillows like clouds, comforter very warm and soft).......The Bad: They had a bar downstairs however, it was never a lot of people ever there... The elevators are very slow for some reason, Never made it to pool...No one was ever there...(ghostly) The Ugly: No Microwave or fridge....wait...You could rent a fridge for $10 a day.....Um NO! I mean who does that? Overall, If you are a business person this would be a perfect for you....If your a couple....nice and romantic secluded....If your a family...NO.....If your hanging with your friends...Definitely NOT! Thats the Good, Bad and Ugly of this Hotel.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
Beavercreek, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2011

Hotel is located just minutes from the airport and the hotel shuttle to the airport was very convenient. Rooms were very modern and clean and the staff was friendly and welcoming.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2011

My 3 kids and I recently traveled from North Carolina to Indiana, but made a stop in Columbus OH on the way to visit my brother who lives there. We stayed at the Four Points on my brothers recommendation, and the hotel was better than I imagined. When we checked in the front desk girl was very friendly, fast, and efficient. I'd never been checked into a hotel so quickly before, no paperwork to sign, just swiped my credit card and handed me my room keys. After being in the car for over 6 hours with 3 kids, it was such a relief to not have any kind of hassle getting checked in. My kids were anxious to go swimming in the pool, we were very happy to find the pool area very clean and fully stocked with towels. We all ate in the restaurant, our server Dana couldn't have been more friendly. The food was perfect thanks to the chef Nick who was working that night. Thank you so much everyone for making that long trip much more enjoyable. I can't wait to do it again around Christmas!

Room Tip: A room with 2 queen beds was big enough for me and 3 teenage kids
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
lcastanon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2011

Recently stayed at the Four Points near the airport. Overall I was pleased with my stay there. The reception was friendly, the property was clean, the rooms had good amount of space, free internet, and easy access to airport. The view was of the parking lot, but considering its an airport hotel, it didnt bother me too much. Planes are taking off nearby but the noise cancelation is good as i never felt disturbed. The walls between the rooms did feel a little thin though. I could hear conversations next door at times.

The beds are really comfortable, and the bathrooms feel new and roomy.

My gripes were that the bar downstairs seemed to always be out of things. The first day they were out of bourbon, and bunch of stuff from the food menu, and the second day they were out of crab cake. Which seemed strange, i was there like within the first hour of it opening up.

I'd probably stay at this property again, its functional, clean and convenient.

Room Tip: take a room facing the street if you are sensitive to the sun waking you up in the morning. The curt...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Mr_TomG, Director of Sales at Four Points by Sheraton Columbus Ohio Airport, responded to this review, November 23, 2011
Thank you for your honest review.
I have passed your comments regarding the restaurant along to the food and beverage manager. Everything is made fresh (we don't bring it in frozen) so sometimes we do run out, and it looks like we need to work on this.
I apologize the sun woke you up in the morning. You are correct, our sheers do not block the sunlight, but each room does have a black out shade behind them.

The next time you stay, please let me know, and I will make sure we point out the shades to you.
Tom

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Columbus Ohio Airport? Share your experiences!