“Nice location but.....average” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #58 of 141 hotels in Columbus
Silver Spring, Maryland
“Nice location but.....average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2011

First of all I would like to say the property is nice. The Decor is very pretty. However, it seem like a ghost hotel. Not a lot of traffic. Kinda boring. But if boring is what you like....It's for you. I'm use to a lot of Bells and Whistles and movement. The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly?...... The Good: Close to airport, The walk-in shower (tres' Magnificent) Beds soft, (pillows like clouds, comforter very warm and soft).......The Bad: They had a bar downstairs however, it was never a lot of people ever there... The elevators are very slow for some reason, Never made it to pool...No one was ever there...(ghostly) The Ugly: No Microwave or fridge....wait...You could rent a fridge for $10 a day.....Um NO! I mean who does that? Overall, If you are a business person this would be a perfect for you....If your a couple....nice and romantic secluded....If your a family...NO.....If your hanging with your friends...Definitely NOT! Thats the Good, Bad and Ugly of this Hotel.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends

163 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Beavercreek, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2011

Hotel is located just minutes from the airport and the hotel shuttle to the airport was very convenient. Rooms were very modern and clean and the staff was friendly and welcoming.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2011

My 3 kids and I recently traveled from North Carolina to Indiana, but made a stop in Columbus OH on the way to visit my brother who lives there. We stayed at the Four Points on my brothers recommendation, and the hotel was better than I imagined. When we checked in the front desk girl was very friendly, fast, and efficient. I'd never been checked into a hotel so quickly before, no paperwork to sign, just swiped my credit card and handed me my room keys. After being in the car for over 6 hours with 3 kids, it was such a relief to not have any kind of hassle getting checked in. My kids were anxious to go swimming in the pool, we were very happy to find the pool area very clean and fully stocked with towels. We all ate in the restaurant, our server Dana couldn't have been more friendly. The food was perfect thanks to the chef Nick who was working that night. Thank you so much everyone for making that long trip much more enjoyable. I can't wait to do it again around Christmas!

Room Tip: A room with 2 queen beds was big enough for me and 3 teenage kids
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
lcastanon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2011

Recently stayed at the Four Points near the airport. Overall I was pleased with my stay there. The reception was friendly, the property was clean, the rooms had good amount of space, free internet, and easy access to airport. The view was of the parking lot, but considering its an airport hotel, it didnt bother me too much. Planes are taking off nearby but the noise cancelation is good as i never felt disturbed. The walls between the rooms did feel a little thin though. I could hear conversations next door at times.

The beds are really comfortable, and the bathrooms feel new and roomy.

My gripes were that the bar downstairs seemed to always be out of things. The first day they were out of bourbon, and bunch of stuff from the food menu, and the second day they were out of crab cake. Which seemed strange, i was there like within the first hour of it opening up.

I'd probably stay at this property again, its functional, clean and convenient.

Room Tip: take a room facing the street if you are sensitive to the sun waking you up in the morning. The curt...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Mr_TomG, Director of Sales at Four Points by Sheraton Columbus Ohio Airport, responded to this review, November 23, 2011
Thank you for your honest review.
I have passed your comments regarding the restaurant along to the food and beverage manager. Everything is made fresh (we don't bring it in frozen) so sometimes we do run out, and it looks like we need to work on this.
I apologize the sun woke you up in the morning. You are correct, our sheers do not block the sunlight, but each room does have a black out shade behind them.

The next time you stay, please let me know, and I will make sure we point out the shades to you.
Tom
Peachtree City, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2011

The staff at 4Points Sheraton - Columbus are all excellent and try very hard to accommodate the traveler. From the moment, you are picked up at the airport all the way through your final checkout, this staff is on the ball.
Although it is hard to select a few standouts from an All Star team......I noted that the following people helped to make my stay extra nice (hint, hint....these people need a raise for going over and beyond their normal call of duty!!!!) Dana P. and Nick P. in the restaurant/bar area......excellent drinks and conversation, not to mention an awesome steak, cooked to perfection! Overall these 2 are the best of the best!!! Lets not forget Andy!!! He was always helping out and providing the best service I received in Columbus!!!! Can someone get him a promotion? His positive attitude and dedication to service cannot be easily matched!!!!! I wish you all, good health and good fortune in the future :D

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Dayton, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2011

I recently got married in Columbus and our wedding party, friends, and family stayed here for multiple nights. My Sister-in-law did the same 5 weeks earlier. So in a span of a month and a half I stayed here 5 nights and had a unbelievable experience!
The hotel is basically brand new and it's a hidden gem. It's a few extra miles from airport so most don't know about it yet. The rooms are exceptionally clean and modern. All state of the art and beautiful! They also have a salt water indoor pool which is very unique and great!
The staff was unreal. Tom hooked us up with great rates for a group and was always accessible when I had questions or concerns. The desk staff, especially Chris at night were awesome! The best part had to be Lisa the bar tender! We had 2 post wedding parties and the bar stayed open as late as we wanted. She was never overwhelmed and we had over 50 people there at one point probably.
If you are looking for the perfect place to stay at a great rate or for even a nice weekend get away to escape home then this is the hotel!
I went to Jamaica for my honeymoon, stayed at a Sandals, and the rooms here were nicer!! Check it out!

Room Tip: The suites are awesome, but the regular queen or kings are just as nice!
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2011

I stayed here as a midpoint stop after leaving Cedar Point and traveling to King's Island the next day. It was my first time staying at a Four Points and overall it was a nice hotel.

When my sister and I arrived, I was warmly greeted and told of certain things of the hotel. We went up to our room and I had found multiple wet towels and open and used various bathroom products on the counter. I'm not one to go crazy about the silliest of things, so when I went down to grab more items from my car I was asked how the room was and I told the front desk attendant about it. She quickly called housekeeping and all was taken care of just like that.

That night I took in a quick dip in the pool and enjoyed the gym some (free weights and various cardio equipment). My sister mostly lounged around the room for the night to rest. One thing I noted was although internet was free, there was no wireless option and you could only access the internet through connecting your computer at the desk. So for the night, we had to go back and forth hooking up our computers to the internet. Again, no big deal, whoever was on a computer just had no say in the television choice. Oh how she got me good for that....

Overall, a nice hotel. I like the bathroom with the standup glass shower and the awesome sliding wooden door except...the door was broken and did not work properly. So you could easily kick it from the bottom out and was never snugged against the wall. Located obviously close to the airport and near a very large mall and shopping complex. If I am ever in the Columbus area again in the near future, I will look into the Four Points again.

Room Tip: As a Starwood Preferred Guest, received a room on the top floor.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Mr_TomG, Director of Sales at Four Points by Sheraton Columbus Ohio Airport, responded to this review, November 2, 2011
Thank you for commenting on your recent stay at our property.
I just wanted to let you know that we do provide WIRELESS internet complimentary through out the property. On your next time through we hope you can take advantage of that.

I am glad you enjoyed the salt water pool, we get many compliments on that, as we are the only one in the area that has one!

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Columbus Ohio Airport? Share your experiences!