“Great place all around!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #66 of 143 Hotels in Columbus
Dayton, Ohio
“Great place all around!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2011

I recently got married in Columbus and our wedding party, friends, and family stayed here for multiple nights. My Sister-in-law did the same 5 weeks earlier. So in a span of a month and a half I stayed here 5 nights and had a unbelievable experience!
The hotel is basically brand new and it's a hidden gem. It's a few extra miles from airport so most don't know about it yet. The rooms are exceptionally clean and modern. All state of the art and beautiful! They also have a salt water indoor pool which is very unique and great!
The staff was unreal. Tom hooked us up with great rates for a group and was always accessible when I had questions or concerns. The desk staff, especially Chris at night were awesome! The best part had to be Lisa the bar tender! We had 2 post wedding parties and the bar stayed open as late as we wanted. She was never overwhelmed and we had over 50 people there at one point probably.
If you are looking for the perfect place to stay at a great rate or for even a nice weekend get away to escape home then this is the hotel!
I went to Jamaica for my honeymoon, stayed at a Sandals, and the rooms here were nicer!! Check it out!

Room Tip: The suites are awesome, but the regular queen or kings are just as nice!
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2011

I stayed here as a midpoint stop after leaving Cedar Point and traveling to King's Island the next day. It was my first time staying at a Four Points and overall it was a nice hotel.

When my sister and I arrived, I was warmly greeted and told of certain things of the hotel. We went up to our room and I had found multiple wet towels and open and used various bathroom products on the counter. I'm not one to go crazy about the silliest of things, so when I went down to grab more items from my car I was asked how the room was and I told the front desk attendant about it. She quickly called housekeeping and all was taken care of just like that.

That night I took in a quick dip in the pool and enjoyed the gym some (free weights and various cardio equipment). My sister mostly lounged around the room for the night to rest. One thing I noted was although internet was free, there was no wireless option and you could only access the internet through connecting your computer at the desk. So for the night, we had to go back and forth hooking up our computers to the internet. Again, no big deal, whoever was on a computer just had no say in the television choice. Oh how she got me good for that....

Overall, a nice hotel. I like the bathroom with the standup glass shower and the awesome sliding wooden door except...the door was broken and did not work properly. So you could easily kick it from the bottom out and was never snugged against the wall. Located obviously close to the airport and near a very large mall and shopping complex. If I am ever in the Columbus area again in the near future, I will look into the Four Points again.

Room Tip: As a Starwood Preferred Guest, received a room on the top floor.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Mr_TomG, Director of Sales at Four Points by Sheraton Columbus Ohio Airport, responded to this review, November 2, 2011
Thank you for commenting on your recent stay at our property.
I just wanted to let you know that we do provide WIRELESS internet complimentary through out the property. On your next time through we hope you can take advantage of that.

I am glad you enjoyed the salt water pool, we get many compliments on that, as we are the only one in the area that has one!
Yakima, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2011

One night stay on business (10/12/11) was one of the best I have had in a long time and I travel all over this country. Mike, the bartenter, was able to recommend a great meal that was a specialty of Nick, the chef. Andy and Chris from the front desk were as helpful as any I have ever met. Nice room but that is not the reason to stay there, it is the quality of the people that prompted me to write my first review ever.

Kevin McCormick
Yakima, Wa

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2011

We had a lot of family and friends stay here for my wedding, and also my sisters wedding a month later. Everyone keeps talking about the customer service, modern accomidations, and overall great experience!! The beds are the most comfortable I have slept in....ever...including my own! The manager Tom is so personable, and accomidating. He made sure we had everything we needed, and if we didn't he made sure we got it! The night desk Chris is great, and the bartender Lisa...what a pleasant surprise! I can not say 1 bad thing about this hotel or my experience. There is so much to do when planning a wedding, to have the service we did for our family and friends at this hotel took a weight off of us. Thank you for that!

Room Tip: I think all of the rooms are great!
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the great feedback regarding your stay.
As you found out our hotel is the perfect place for wedding groups and family reunions on the weekends.
With the bar open 7 days a week, it gets a lot of use!
Pensacola, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2011

Good hotel for folks passing through. Rooms could be a bit bigger but well decorated with modern furnishings. Staff was generally helpful but restaurant service left a little to be desired. I stayed here with Starwood points and I believe it was either 3,000 or 4,000 per night depending on if it was a weekday or not. For this amount of points, it was a good deal. For my last night, I did cash + points and it was like $30 plus 1,250 points I believe. Again a very good deal. One thing I appreciated is that there is a wired internet connection (ethernet) in each room.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Jakarta, Indonesia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2011

Had a short one night stay here. The gym area was pretty good.

Though accessing internet was a hassle since we need to keep putting in the password. But overall it's a nice stay.

It is very close by the airport and there is Donatos Pizza close by.

• Stayed September 2011
Dayton, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

The hotel looks nice on the outside and in the lobby. But the customer service is lacking. I waited 20 minutes for my turn to get checked in. They only had one person working the check-in. I finally got checked in and went to my room, unpacked, and went to use the restroom. I was surprised to find, when I lifted the toilet lid, a very FILTHY looking toilet. I called down to the front desk to see if housekeeping could come up and clean it but the front desk guy told me he was the only employee working. HOW SCARY IS THAT? One guy responsible for a whole hotel. Yikes! He told me to come down to get a new room key. I then packed everything back up and went down to the front desk only to wait ten minutes until the front desk worker appeared. He gave me a new key and I was on my way to a much cleaner room. I ordered room service and it was ok. Large serving, you get your money's worth.
I settled into bed only to smell something. I finally realized it was the MILDEW from the sheets, pillow, and comforter. It smelled awful!
The housekeeping dept. definitely needs some managing.
It was a good night's rest even being this close to the airport.
Oh and one more thing...it does not have a tub. It is a rather large bathroom in which a tub could fit but it only had a shower. The door is a sliding door, which was different...

Room Tip: farthest away from the elevators
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Thank you for posting about your recent stay with us.
I apologize for your housekeeping experience, as it is definitely not the norm.
We are currently researching to see what happened.
I am glad that you were able to enjoy our food, as we prepare everything fresh daily in our kitchen.

Please let me know when you are coming back into town, as we do have rooms with bathtubs and I would gladly make sure you get assigned to one of those.
Thank you again for your time.
Tom