“We could have described it as "very good"” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #17 of 20 Columbus B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“We could have described it as "very good"”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

We stayed three nights in September 2012; the room was clean and we had no major problem: pretty much what we would expect in this price range. We would go as far as saying that we could have described it as "very good" if it hadn't been for the WIFI not working and the receptionist giving us lame excuses for three days: they would restart the router; a technician would come and fix it; the provider was looking into it, etc. We had to take the laptop to the reception whenever we needed to send an e-mail. If we didn't need internet access would have no problem in returning.

Room Tip: If you don't need internet access, it's not a bad choice.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

I was in a wedding the weekend I stayed. Once we arrived are room was not ready. They gave us another room that was being used.When we opend the door we almost got our heads shot off.We had to take another room. In that room there was no toilet paper. Not tissues. No hairdryer. The room was dirty with webs in the corners and holes in the walls. The bedding had been used and the bed not made.We tried to use the phone and it was not working. We tried to talk to the desk and they did not speak english. There was mulitple families living in the rooms so they sat outside all night drinking and fighting. At 3 Am someone tried to open our door and was yelling we where in there room. At that point we contacted the main office and left. WOULD NEVER TELL SOMEONE TO STAY THERE! NOT EVEN AS A USE FOR A KENNEL!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Boardman
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

I booked this hotel on the rewards program ascociated with the hotel. When I booked the room I was told that I needed to present a credit card and ID as proof of identity when I arrived at the hotel but that nothing would be charged to my card. When I arrived at the hotel however, The clerk told me that he would need to place a $250 charge on my card which he would refund in the morning. I know for a fact it takes 3 business days for holds to fall off from a credit card account so that was also a little but questionable. Having less than $250 in available credit on my card I was turned away for my free rewards night room. They also refuse to return my reward points for the room I never used.

What a scam! Isn't it illegal to charge a guest until checkout?

Any way I had to drive back to my home in Youngstown about 3 hours away. I reccomend that people stay away from this hotel unless you want to risk fouling up your credit card accounts.

Room Tip: Try another hotel.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012 via mobile

Going here I knew I wasn't getting the best hotel based upon previous reviews. Anyway, the room was beat up a bit and could have used some fixing up. However, the room was clean which is extremely important to me. To me this is not a place for a family or an extended stay. There are lots a of places to eat around the hotel, again a plus. It's right off the highway which was good for me too. A decent place to stay overall but don't expect a great place.

• Stayed August 2012
Austin TX
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

We had reservations at the Econo Lodge in Worthington OH (the motel from hell) so switched to this place. Compared to the first place, it was much better. Very, very basic. I've about decided to avoid all Econo Lodges in future, but this was OK considering where we were originally booked.

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012 via mobile

The worst hotel I've ever seen. We came into the room A/C was broken. The owner made a big deal because of us relocating us to a better room. The ice machine was broken and as well as the vending machine. Just for your advice NEVER GO HERE. BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed June 2012
Harrison, Ohio, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

we stayed over the weekend. it was annoying trying to find the road just to get to the hotel, behind waffle house, it was sketchy but we did stay anyway. the other guests did give us the creeps! but the room was clean, i am employed at a hotel so i know how to check for a clean room. we didnt have a bad experience here.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!