“Wow....” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 141 Hotels in Columbus
USA
“Wow....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2010

This is the 2nd best Embassy Suites I have ever been at. Of course it's a new facility and they are grooming their 'kids'.... They only have 3 strikes so far in the first day, but they were only foul balls.... more on that later.... the place is immaculate, well designed, and the service is helpful, yet strike 1 was when I walked in and had to wait a few minutes to get someone to service the diamond desk to check me in. It turned out to be the manager, and I should have gotten free internet service like I do at all other embassies plus the 'My Way' points award. They are still learning. #2 was when I asked for a luggage cart and they wouldn't let me take it out to the breezeway unless an employee escorted it. Are they looking for tips or afraid someone will steal it... you guess. Aw forget the rest of the strikes, they are petty... The staff is helpful, offered free round trip shuttle to a wide radius of locations including the popular Easton district. The exercise room has 3 elipticals (widow makers), 3 treadmills, a modified weight machine (it's saftey concious) and a variety of other things... the pool water was crystal clear, the hot tub looked inviting but I didn't take advantage yet tonight.... there is an airport departure TV in the lobby, the rooms have HD TVs, ok... here is #3 strike is that there are no DVD players in the room, I all in all will very likely stay here again.... (oh, my room is small, but it's VERY suitable).
restaurant fare is minimal.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2010

We discovered this hotel due to winning a gift certificate for two nights stay. Otherwise we may not have stayed by the airport.
First, I have found that most Embassy Suites are great and excellent places to take families. I actually ran into a friend and his family that was staying there for a baseball tournament..
I had some problems with getting the reservation. My wife had been calling every couple days to check on availablity (we were not sure it would work out for us) so finally I called and was told they were sold out for the two days we wanted. My wife called back and was told they had space, but they were busy and he would transfer her to corporate reservations. By that point, I went online and made the reservations without a problem.

The hotel itself was beautiful and very new (not yet a year). the bar and outside seating areas were very comfortable and welcoming. More so than the bartenders. Nothing like the personalities tending bar at the Embassy Suites in Philadelphia. Appetizers served during the managers reception were very good.

One area of special note would be the breakfast. The gentleman making omelettes was great a very personable. Great service at breakfast! Sorry I did not get his name.

Probably the best part of the this particular hotel was the shuttle service. They will take you to the airport of course, but they would also take you the the very nice upscale Easton Shopping Center. We used it both nights. Drivers were great and the frequency was convenient.

Bottom line, very nice clean hotel that needs a little time to develop some character(s). I would stay there again.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Alpharetta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2010

Called from the airport for the shuttle, was told 10 minutes, what do you know 8 minutes later they were there. Very close to the airport, Check in was easyt, very clean rooms, nice floor plan. I am amazed how quite it is when planes are flying by so close.

All in all a nice place to stay when you need to be close to the airport.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Middletown, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2010

Soccer team in town for tournament. Hotel was about $10 more per night than others in area. More than made up for difference in amenities. The managers reception with drinks and h'oedourves was wonderful. Breakfast was unbeatable. What a selection and service was great. Beds in rooms were very comfortable. Very few places can top the mattresses. Everything was nearly new. Pool was a little small, but hey its a hotel. Was near shopping and food. Overall I am glad we stayed and would stay again any time we are in the area.

• Stayed April 2010
Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2010

We stayed here for (2) nights since my daughter had a dance competition over at the Shriner's Aladdin temple - pretty convenient drive, over near Easton, around 7-10 minutes. Nice hotel...should be...it's new. Check-in easy and efficient. Lots of people - a convention I suspect, baseball & soccer families..the like. Rooms are nicely appointed and beds are very comfortable. It takes a LOT for me to say that because we sleep on a waterbed still (can't give that up lol). Rooms are DARK. Unless you are part "mole" you might want to bring your own light bulbs for the bathroom...your wife will thank you! Attempts at energy savings have gone overboard for the bathroom :( This was a relatively minor annoyance. Now for the bad - if you're going to have that many guests at the hotel at one time, they need to make sure ALL 3 elevators are functional and operational. It is EXTREMELY annoying to only have one or two operate when the hotel is operating at or near capacity - waits were ridculous at times. Also, it does not appear that they are readily manned to operate the complementary breakfast if the hotel is reasonably full. The line for the omelette station backed out into lobby. There were no plates or eating utensils for a long time, even after reporting it to the front desk. We gave up and ate at Waffle House!!! Totally unacceptable!! Conversely, the managers reception in the evenings was actually very nice. Even when it got a bit crowded, they handled the food situation well and the bartenders were very efficient. Like I stated at the beginning....just a few tweaks and this hotel would be highly recommended by me. But, they truly need to address the issues I've listed...those alone took a lot of the fun out of our trip.

Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2010

My husband, daughter and I stayed at the Embassy Suites for my daughter's Trampoline/Tumbling State meet at Ohio Dominican University. The hotel was only about 2 minutes from ODU which is one of the reasons why I chose it. Check in was easy and I was surprised that for a Friday night the hotel was not that busy. We ate at the cafe onsite which was decent, slightly pricey. I had the chicken panini sandwich that was quite good (although it came with chips) and my husband and daughter had the hamburger which came with fries. You really cannot beat the room set up. Since my daughter had to get up early she was able to go to bed while my husband and I watched TV in the living area. The room temperature was freezing when we got in but the control panel for heating/cooling was easy to work. The bathroom was pretty big and the hair and shampoo were nice (containers were small but I am sure that we could have asked for more). The towels were nice as well. The rooms were very clean. We got to the breakfast buffet at 7:30 am and it is included with your room charge. It was probably one of the best hotel breakfast buffets I have been to. The chef at the omelette station seemed very nice. Also, the coffee in the room was very good and there was even real cream to use which is a big plus for me. I would definitely stay here again even though you can probably find cheaper hotels. We did not use the pool, it did seem a little small.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2010

My wife, two kids ages 12 and 8, and I stayed at this hotel and couldn't have been more happy with our stay. Our room with two queen beds was very clean and had plenty of space to spread out, and the two large TV's with a large channel selection was a nice surprise. Factor in the hot breakfast buffet that was included in the room rate, which was open well enough into the late morning to allow us to sleep in a little, and this was an awesome value. The bar area looked very nice as well although we (the wife and I of course) didn't spend any time there. The event we attended in Columbus is a yearly event, and if we attend in future years, we will not need to search for a place to stay.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family

Been to Embassy Suites Columbus - Airport? Share your experiences!