“Beautiful Hotel! Will definitely return!” 5 of 5 stars

3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2886 Airport Drive, Columbus, OH 43219   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #3 of 142 Hotels in Columbus
Yellow Springs, Ohio
“Beautiful Hotel! Will definitely return!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

I recently stayed at Embassy Suites while in Columbus for a friend's birthday. The hotel was beautiful... the lobby was very open and refreshing... the rooms were newer and very nice, and most importantly really clean!! I've stayed with Embassy Suites in several different cities, and this is by far one of the best locations I've seen. I highly recommend staying here and will definitely return. It’s obvious the staff and management care about your stay and go above and beyond to make this a top hotel in the Columbus area.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Vancouver, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

I am sure that I am a random case but this was honestly one of the worst experiences that I have ever had a hotel. From check in to a room that a stranger was in, to stepping on glass in the middle of the night in my room, to teens running up and down the halls at late hours, suffice it to say this is not a hotel that I am looking forward to returning to any time soon.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

cbustraveler2, General Manager at Embassy Suites Columbus - Airport, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Dear Jeremy H:

Please accept my apologies on behalf of the staff and management of the Embassy Suites Columbus Airport. The situation that you describe experiencing is not at all typical of our guests' experiences. I have shared your comments with our team and assure you that no other guest will experience the issues you describe in your post. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding the hotel, and I hope that you will give us an opportunity in the future to prove to you that the norm for our property is impeccable service and cleanliness, not what you experienced. If I can be of service in the future, or if you would care to discuss your stay in more detail, please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel.

Again, thank you for sharing your feedback, and please accept my apologies for your experience.

Michael Cooney
Columbus, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

My family and I just wanted to have a nice weekend getaway without actually going out of town and we chose the Embassy. We had a wonderful weekend and I would definitely be staying again and would recommend this hotel to friends and family.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel several times. The staff is professional and friendly. The rooms are well appointed and clean. The Family Package is a good value which includes lodging, one in-suite movie, pizza, popcorn and 6 soft drinks delivered at the time of your choosing. The hotel van drivers will take and pick you up from the nearby Easton Mall, great shopping and restaurants. Van driver Richard McCormack is prompt, friendly and professional. Mitchells's Ocean Club restaurant has high end pricing but worth it. Ask for server Scott...he provided great service.

Cary

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Catlettsburg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

I chose this hotel because of the free shuttle transportation to/from the airport and free parking at the property while we were out of town. The suite was amazing, far more than we expected. All staff was very friendly and especially helpful getting our shuttle time planned for for departure. Our shuttle picked us up right on our scheduled time. When we returned, we called a phone number we were given and the shuttle was there in about 3 minutes. Our shuttle driver Richard M. was very helpful, even driving the shuttle to our car and transferring our luggage directly to our car! We will definitely stay here anytime we are flying out of Columbus.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

I stay here on business and find the hotel to be clean and convenient. I have a per diem determined by my employer and anything over this amount is at my expense. On my most recent stay I did not make my reservaton and the person making it assumed when she saw a specific rate it was what would be reimbursed. When I checked in I realized the error and also realized it was not the fault of the hotel. I explained the situation and the employee at the front desk was very nice, but not in a position to change the rate. The following morning the manager took care of the situation in a very friendly, professional manner. Two others traveling with me were in a similar situation and they too had their rates adjusted.

The hotel did not have to make the change and it was our error. But, they went beyond average customer service and did everything within their power to make our stay a good one. This is a manager that leads by example by showing outstanding customer service!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

We frequently use Embassy Suites when traveling, due to the spacious suite-style rooms, the ease with traveling with children, and the hot breakfast only a short walk away. Most have a pool - a nice added bonus for our daughter and my husband, and most that we've visited have had friendly, helpful staff. Embassy Suites, in general, is our go-to pick when traveling as a family.

The Columbus airport location is one of the newer we've visited, and the newer style rooms are quite nice and up to date. We had a corner suite with a bit more elbow room. Loved the bathroom (though - PSST - ES staff. The shower door in 333 leaks a bit!) Room service was prompt and the food was good. Love the larger desk with the data port, and the multiple outlets for all the electronic gizmos that need charging. The larger sectional-style couch with the chaise, and the big footstool added to the comfort of the room. These all seem to be updates that the corporation has made to their styling, and so far, so good.

The one issue we had was with breakfast. At the Lexington location, as well as several others we've visited, there is ample room to move around and ample seating in the dining area. Not so in Columbus. We were there on the Saturday night/ Sunday morning of Memorial Day weekend when the hotel was quite busy. The dining area was VERY cramped with little room to move. Tables were stationed too close to the food areas, and people were bumping into one another, making for a cranky beginning of the day. This is not a staff issue, but rather a design flaw on the part of the hotel design team. The problem was compounded, though, by less than prompt service. I mentioned to a cook that the dining area was in bad need of tables being cleared, and that guests were bussing tables themselves, so that there was somewhere to sit. Food was not replaced as quickly as it could have been, and it was a less enjoyable experience than at most ES breakfasts. This issue could have gone better if there had been more tables to begin with, if it had been less cramped, and if staff had stayed on top of stocking and clearing a bit better.

I heard some rumblings of other guests having assorted issues. One was a woman at checkout, who was angry about not receiving a government rate. Another was a man who had waited quite awhile for pool towels, and one family told us in the elevator that the pool was quite cold. But all in all, it seemed to be issues that wouldn't be out of the realm of normal for a busy holiday weekend. We would return again - just might take our breakfast up to our room next time!

Room Tip: The corner suites seem to have a bit more elbow room, particularly helpful if traveling with kids, o...