“Large, comfy rooms but food was so so” 4 of 5 stars

3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2886 Airport Drive, Columbus, OH 43219   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #3 of 142 Hotels in Columbus
Birmingham, Alabama
“Large, comfy rooms but food was so so”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

Stayed here for two nights for a conference and love the hotel! The rooms are perfect and the beds are great! Love the large bathrooms and configuration of the suites! We had all our meals in the hotel -- breakfast buffet was great and lunch was good but dinner both nights was not tasty or appealing. The food served together was not typical combinations. I still love the hotel but needs to work on its food.

Room Tip: I was on the 3rd floor - loved it! My room looked out to the front of the hotel parking lot - one t...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

Everything about the embassy was great in the over all picture. However I did rate the rooms , service, and cleanliness a 3 because I reserved a king room but received a double room instead. I also requested a non smoking room but the room I had smelled of smoke. Lastly I received a Handicap room with a hand held shower which was not fun to shower with. I was too tired at night to let the desk know which was my fault but my expectations were not met. I wanted to mention something for future guests to the front desk but as I was leaving there was a line at the desk so I just kept on going. I would also like to recognize Gwen at the FD for holding my room and remembering when I called in to confirm my reservation at check in.

• Stayed March 2013
Magnolia, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

After staying at several other Embassy Suites it was just what I have come to expect from them. Very crisp, clean facilities with super nice people and crazy quick check ins. Breakfast in the morning is a treat, not the greatest food on earth but it sure beats a donut and cold coffee. Well done Embassy Suites Columbus!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Reynoldsburg, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

I normally don't write reviews, but I must on this hotel.. 1) Isabella at the front desk is awesome.. she was so very pleasent and helpful.. I really wish that more hotels had staff like her.. I was decorating for my sis birthday and I asked her if she wanted to see and she came up, And helped me at that.. loved it!! hotel is 3 years old a very new.. beds are great.. set up really nice.. I really enjoyed the huge flat screens on the wall.. don't see that much @ hotels..2) security was in parking lot all night.. a definite plus for me.. loved everything about this hotel.. management, you staff is a definite reflection of you.. please keep up the good work!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Floyds Knobs, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Stayed here over a weekend during my daughter's Cheerleading competition which was at the Convention Center downtown.

Rooms were spacious and well appointed. We had a two room suite with twin queen beds, pull out couch and small dinette.

Complementary breakfast and the manager's reception on Saturday were nice additions to the stay and helped offset the cost of the room $159/night.

Pool and Spa area was nice and well stocked with towels. Fitness room looked like it had everything you need, I didn't use it, but my wife did and was satisfied with what they had to offer.

Wireless was slow to the point that I tethered to my cell phone for better service, when needed, but the business center had nice equipment which helped.

You do notice the air planes taking off occasionally. Our room was on the west side of the hotel. I was woken up each morning from planes taking off. The hotel sits about a mile from the end of RWY 28 at Columbus International.

ChrisN812

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013 via mobile

I was caught here because of an ice storm, but was thrilled with the hotel overall, and will definitely make a point to go back. Beautiful lobby area, rooms were fabulous ... Clean, well appointed, very nice furnishings. the happy hour was like a small party - nice touch. Breakfast in the morning was great, and shuttle service to the airport was very convenient.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

Very comfortable and clean place to stay in Columbus. I slept like a baby in this very comfortable and updated hotel. Beds were amazing and so clean! Food was great and breakfast was a nice addition. The manager of the breakfast was amazing and so friendly. He even brought his staff together and told them how well they were doing and they prayed together! You don't see that just anywhere.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Been to Embassy Suites Columbus - Airport? Share your experiences!