“Great place to stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 140 Hotels in Columbus
Mesa, Arizona
“Great place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

This place has it all! Clean and affordable comfort along with a very friendly staff! Room was excellent and large with great separation of the suite. For a hotel gym it was very well equipped and open

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Fletcher, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

Stayed at this hotel during last summer when we visited the OSU campus and thoroughly enjoyed our stay, so we booked again when we had to return for my son's audition to the School of Music at OSU.

I'm always pleased when I return to a hotel I previously enjoyed and find it is still consistent in what it offers. The staff here are very pleasant and helpful, the rooms are clean and comfortable, and the facilities are well kept. Breakfast still offers a variety of choices, from the buffet of eggs, meat, potatoes, & waffle maker, to fruits, cereals, and cooked-to-order omelettes.

Although it's close to the airport, we have never had a problem sleeping or been disturbed by flights overhead during the night. Overall, a great place to stay in Columbus.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank 57j2
Prescott, Arizona, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

Very nice accommodations, we will stay again! Very modern and clean. Have options for adding special items to your reservations that can be in your room when you arrive. I ordered chocolate covered strawberries and cheese & crackers, both were very good and a good value. It is very close to the airport and a very easy drive. They also have a convenient shuttle. We will definitely stay again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MsRavishing
Portland, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

While in the area for business I was pleasantly surprised by this hotel. From the moment I walked through the door I felt welcomed. Front desk service, room service and my morning breakfast were always met with friendly people.

The room was clean as was the hallways and elevator, as someone who stays in many hotels- mostly Hiltons- I was very happy with this one!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Prescott, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

I absolutely loved this hotel...with a few exceptions. The decor was modern and current, clean. Registration was a breeze, I was even convinced to add some add-ons, chocolate covered strawberries, cheese & cracker plate, and diet cokes...for me it doesn't get much better than this...the only problem being that the staff couldn't quite get it delivered, we had to call the front desk 3 times. Eventually it was comped to us and we did get it delivered and it was wonderful, just seems to be a little glich in the follow through. I liked the idea though.
We were catching an early flight out so we were not able to enjoy the breakfast, sadly. We did however, have the experience of two cold showers. At 4:30 in the morning that was the last thing I wanted. We mentioned it to the front desk on our way out and we were given an explanation that I could not comprehend and told that this was part of their new "green" program. Well I for one gotta say that I don't like this program, I like hot showers (of luke warm in a pinch). So, like I said, I loved the hotel but it seems like there are some things to work out.

Room Tip: Loved the suite
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank prescottpines
Kristan M, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Columbus - Airport, responded to this review, February 23, 2013
Thank you for the feedback on your stay with us. We use comments such as yours to better train our team on the services we provide.
I apologize about the cold shower you had experienced, and I can only imagine how unpleasant that was at 4:30am.
I have spoken with my team members so that the confusion of the "green program" is cleared up so that no other guest will have to be confused when commenting on a critical part of their hotel stay.
While this program is meant to conserve water by giving you, the guest, the option to have your linens cleaned while staying more than one night as well as the shower heads that are meant to limit the amount of water pouring out at once, it should in no way effect the temperature of the water.
Our engineering team has looked into the lack of hot water and have resolved the problem so that it will not affect you or any future guest in the foreseeable future.
We thank you for your kind comments and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to Columbus.

Kristan Mitchell, CTA
Assistant Front Office Manager
Embassy Suites Columbus Airport
Cincinnati
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for a conference in Columbus. I've never been to such a friendly hotel. Everyone from check-in to check-out, including the bartender, breakfast workers, and shuttle driver went out of their way to be friendly and helpful. The rooms were beautiful. I would most definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

Modern décor, friendly staff, great pool, appreciate the manager’s reception and free breakfast! The rooms are large and comfortable and the modern décor is so appealing! The staff at registration and the bartender were very friendly. We ordered room service and really enjoyed our meals. The breakfast staff didn’t seem to be ready for us yet even though it was 9 am but overall we enjoyed the breakfast experience! Within an hour of checking in my Diamond status amenities were brought up to my room, a plush robe, water and snack. This is a great hotel to stay at, it is convenient to the airport and even though there isn’t a lot to do right around it you really don’t have to leave the hotel for anything.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family