“Columbus airport? Stay here.” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Stay, Park
Ranked #5 of 140 Hotels in Columbus
“Columbus airport? Stay here.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

This isn't so much a "good airport hotel." It's more a good hotel that's close to the airport. Rooms are well appointed, clean, not beat-up like many airport hotel rooms. Staff was very helpful. Airport shuttle service was excellent. Managers happy-hour was nice and well attended. Gym/pool area is above average, definitely a plus. Only negative, the time on my room clock was an hour early - someone's idea of a bad joke?

Over good experience. I would stay here again.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Mount Vernon, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

This is one of the best Embassy Suites I have ever stayed in. I had planned on staying in a nearby hotel, but when I saw the Embassy Suites, I pulled in and asked if there was a room available. The only rooms available were on a smoking floor, and not being a smoker, I was unsure. However, the concierge was most kind and took me right up to the room and allowed me to have a look around. That's what I call service! The room was great, and I spent two nights there. Everything seems upscale, quite new and very clean. The rooms are very spacious with really really nice furniture. The bathroom was very modern and sparkling clean. The lobby is most cool and the breakfast/restaurant area is very relaxing and enjoyable to dine in. Overall, very nice. Expect to have a friendly welcome from the staff, an excellent room, tasty breakfast, and a fun experience.

Room Tip: King suite.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Clearwater, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

This Embassy Suites is the nicest hotel closest to CMH. The rooms are very nice and lobby is impressive. This should match the price you pay. Honestly, my only beef is when they charge for the internet and the breakfast coffee. You would expect the best hotel in the area to have some brewed coffee. It's instant. The managers reception is average. You get free drinks but the appetizers are marginal.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
cbustraveler2, General Manager at Embassy Suites Columbus - Airport, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Dear ninjadad:

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Embassy Suites Columbus Airport, and for taking the time to share your feedback with the TripAdvisor community. We appreciate honest feedback from our guests, and we utilize it to continually improve our services. I will take your commments under advisement and discuss your suggestions with our corporate team.

Thanks again for staying with us and we hope you'll return the next time you visit our City.

Michael Cooney
Saint Augustine, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

When traveling to Columbus for work, I prefer to stay at Embassy Suites Airport. The location is ideal - only 10 minutes from Easton. The interior is upscale; inside the rooms, the bedroom is separated from the living area and the furnishings are modern. The hotel restaurant is also VERY good - to avoid going out in the cold, my coworkers and I opted to dine in and the seabass was terrific... honestly, I was surprised at the quality. Also, the breakfast buffet has great options. My most favorite part of staying at the Embassy Suites, however, is the "Manager Reception" ... free beers/wine/well drinks and hors d'oeurvres from 5:30-7:30pm every day! Embassy Suites offers the best way to begin and end the day.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Kristan M, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites Columbus - Airport, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Thank you very much for your feedback on your stay with us!
We are happy to hear that you opted to stay warm and try out our restaurant.
The sea-bass is definitely a favorite among our guests and we loved hearing that you enjoyed it!
Should your travels bring you back to the area, we look forward to seeing you!
North Canton, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

Nice, clean, friendly hotel. Was attending a convention downtown and decided to try the Embassy. It took me less than 10 minutes to get downtown. Fantastic location, excellent service, and great food. Ended up having a late dinner in the restaurant. Their burger was fantastic, and I highly recommend getting their homemade chips in lieu of french fries!! The waiter also took the time to make my requested cocktail.. a chocolate martini. He did an excellent job!

Room Tip: I would suggest making reservations online, it may be a bit cheaper. If you are a member of AAA, do...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay with us!
We are delighted to hear you enjoyed the accommodations and your meal in our restaurant.
We took the time to track down who made your chocolate martini so that we may thank them.
His name is Andrew and we are very proud to have somebody on our team who is willing to go the extra mile to make our guests happy. We thank you for allowing us to recognize him.
We hope to see you again if your travels bring you back to the area!
CLEVELAND
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

Hello Readers :-)

My husband and I stayed one night in this hotel before flying downtown to Miami and Key West! to celebrate our 10th Wedding Anniversary!!! We expected jus a quick place to stay close to airport! IT IS THE BEST EMBASSY WE'VE EVER STAYED AT TO DATE!!! (& It was under light lobby construction lol) Very Modern and updated! BUT The staff is Amazing!! Specifically GWEN in customer service.She went above and beyond to make our Anniversary special. We will never forget her kind gesture. We went out to dinner and returned to our room to find wine, chocolate covered strawberries, and a card! It was an Amazing surprise..take a look at our pictures...Please stay here...it's the best embassy ever!!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for your feedback on your stay with us!
We are ecstatic that we were able to make the beginning of your anniversary trip so memorable for you and your husband, and hope that the remainder of your trip went just as well!
We are very proud to have a team member like Gwen who goes above and beyond your expectations and have shared the comments with the rest of the team.
We look forward to seeing you again should your travels ring you back to the area!
Orlando
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

This was our second visit to this hotel. We've enjoyed both visits. The rooms are very nice, and we feel very comfortable there. Beds are comfortable, two large tvs, and everything you need to stay. There's a desk/table with chairs, internet, mini kitchen area, and the bathroom is large and has a lot of counter space.

My one and only complaint is that there is no bathtub and I like to relax in a tub.

The breakfast is one that you can actually order your eggs the way you like them, and there's a buffet with a good assortment of food. What's with hotel toasters, though? I don't care what hotel it is, the toasters don't toast. Kind of funny. There is a nice afternoon snack and drink time. Most drinks are free, and there is an assortment of cheeses and snacks. It's a great time to kick back and chat. Very nice.

The lobby and lounge areas are really nice - much more upscale that expected. Beautiful bar with separate areas with club chairs and plenty of sofas and tables. Not the cheesy early American yuk furniture you find in a lot of places, but contemporary furniture with high end fabrics. And there is fine art on the walls, framed large photography, and it all looks much more lush than a mid priced hotel.

I say mid priced, because this hotel is not inexpensive. We paid around $150 a night both times we stayed there and we price shopped. We were there for an event and the rooms were offered at a reduced event rate, but I didn't think they were reduced by much, if at all. Even so, I think it's worth it. I'd like to have the rates a little less, but who wouldn't.

Great pool, good fitness equipment. The staff is very nice and always accommodating when they can be. I wish they would be able to drive you in their van a little farther than they do, though. All in all, a great hotel and our experiences there have been top notch.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Been to Embassy Suites Columbus - Airport? Share your experiences!