“Great weekend stay for rock groups, easy to meet for check in” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Stay, Park
Ranked #6 of 140 Hotels in Columbus
Cleveland, Ohio
“Great weekend stay for rock groups, easy to meet for check in”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

So in town for concerts, one at OSU another at Nationwide Arena. So we spent 2 nights here to relax everyone for a great show the next night. TV stations wanted to interview the 1964 top groups that are still out performing like it was yesterday. I was 14 when I met them dancing on a CLE rock show, then getting jobs with Shindig, Hullabaloo & NBC shows. I lost my rocker husband to cancer last April, so many are showing up & including me in their fun. I book the rooms since I am HiltonHHonors & get great deals being GOLD. 25,000 points for a stay in rooms with 2 beds & pullout couch & my room with a king bed & jaccuzi. Breakfast is a party for all of us with the chef knowing us all & he gets tix to the show. So he cooks stuff that no one else ordered & brings it to the table where we are buffet style that all get some of everything. Fresh fruit bowl, omelettes with italian sausage & red peppers, regular sausage & green peppers, even peanut butter & jelly sandwich for the lead singer's kid. I wanted french toast & got it with sour cream & regular cream & fruit topping. He had to do a dozen more since I never got a bite of the first one. Then we return after the show to champagne in my room & all get to sit in the jacuzzi (4 fit at once). So do not be afraid to ask for something you have a taste for.

Beds are very comfortable, no complaints from anyone & we all love the Managers party from 4-7 with free food & booze. Then he gets to go with us to the show as company for me. Then I drive home with my friend & the rest go to the airport to fly to various cities they live. He goes to England in a few days. The front desk clerk just loved his voice and his smile. She also remarked that he was grey when he checked in with me & now he is blonde. I told her he lost 20 years also & she agreed with his blue eyes. 25 mins & $3.13 for the box of good stuff from Revlon. I told her she get an award for great attention. He gave her a CD.

Room Tip: I get top floor for performers & me with my guy. Rhoadies get main floor with truck of equiptme...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

Beautiful rooms, friendly staff, convenient location. Great, made to order breakfast. This Embassy Suites meets and exceeds expectations. Good value for the money. Easy access to both airport and Interstate.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here few times while I was working in the area. They have free shuttle to/from airport, unless it's too late at night. I think they stop at 10 pm or around. They also offer shuttle to downtown or neighboring areas. Free breakfast, great location.

• Stayed April 2012
Huntington, West Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

My husband and I stay at this hotel because it is one of the only ones in Columbus that has NOT had a bed bug sighting. We have been staying there for a few years now while in Columbus on business over the Thanksgiving weekend. There is nothing terrible about the hotel, however people should know that they gouge you on holidays ($70.00 extra for Thanksgiving night - and we made our reservations way in advance) and they seem to have an aversion to vacuuming.

Upon checking in, we check the room extensively for signs of bed bugs - looking under the mattress, behind the headboard, etc. We were shocked at how much food and debris was there.

Their hot breakfast has great potential. Unfortunately we have very early mornings while there, and usually only partake once during our 3-night stay. Again, when we did eat the breakfast, cleanliness was an issue. The food was okay, however many of the "clean" plates on the breakfast bar still had food attached - just makes you wonder...

On the upside. It has a lovely pool and workout room, and has a managers happy hour each night - unfortunately we don't have the opportunity to go down and enjoy the get-together. The location is convenient, and we feel very safe staying there.

Please ramp-up the cleanliness, or we are going to have to find another hotel!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
cbustraveler2, General Manager at Embassy Suites Columbus - Airport, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Dear museumcurator:

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review of the Embassy Suites Columbus Airport. The feedback our guests provide is extremely important to us as we strive to improve our service levels every day. Based on your comments, we did not live up to your expectations during your last stay, and for that I apologize. I will be sharing your comments with our entire staff in an effort to improve the items that you pointed out.

I hope that you will choose to give us another chance the next time you are in town. again, thank you for the helpful feedback.

Michael Cooney
North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

You can count on being greeted by beautiful and inviting surroundings when you enter the lobby of an Embassy Suites. Once again, we were not disappointed with our stay at this wonderful hotel. The front desk staff was courteous and professional. Our king bedroom suite was clean, tastefully decorated, and quite roomy. Our bed was comfortable with lots of pillows which is an absolute must have when you have lower back problems. Everything we needed was in the room therefore not requiring numerous phone calls to the front desk requesting missing items. The complimentary breakfast offers a made to order omelet station, as well as a bountiful buffet bar. Don't forget the Manager's Welcome Reception from 5:30 - 7:30 PM. This has always been a very nice amenity offered by this hotel chain.

We cannot say enough wonderful things about the hotel manager and staff! They are definitely above and beyond helpful and pleasant! An awesome staff which helped to make our stay a great experience!

Transportation and Location: They offer a complimentary shuttle for the airport. The hotel is conveniently located to the airport and a wide selection of restaurants.

Embassy Suites is truly a hotel that gets it right!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

The Embassy Suites sits among several hotels near the airport and I-670. The suites are very clean and very large. The bathroom is very big too, but cold, and my room didn't have a bath mat. The bed and bedding were very nice. My only issues were with the safe, which was awkwardly located on the back wall of the closet. Very hard to get to and almost impossible to see. The shape of the safe is also very odd -- it's vertical and fairly narrow. To put a laptop in there you need to set it on end. In any event, the safe didn't even work. There are directions posted, you need to insert your room key, but it didn't work for me.

In this day when everyone carries multiple devices, hotels really need to improve their safes -- size, location and function. The Embassy Suites flunks on the safe front, but is otherwise a nice place.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012 via mobile

The hotel overall is beautiful.everything from the rooms to the pool and work out area to the breakfast area.....fantastic.the bathroom is really nice.housekeeping walked in on me twice.was overcharged for an additional night and went through a lil bit of a hassle to get refunded due to one of the front desk reps who just made me out to be a liar.the second rep just blew me off and sent me straight to a managers voicemail.it did get straightened out eventually.other than that.best hotel in that area.

• Stayed October 2012

Been to Embassy Suites Columbus - Airport? Share your experiences!