“Great place” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 142 Hotels in Columbus
Dallas, Texas
“Great place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here few times while I was working in the area. They have free shuttle to/from airport, unless it's too late at night. I think they stop at 10 pm or around. They also offer shuttle to downtown or neighboring areas. Free breakfast, great location.

• Stayed April 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Huntington, West Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

My husband and I stay at this hotel because it is one of the only ones in Columbus that has NOT had a bed bug sighting. We have been staying there for a few years now while in Columbus on business over the Thanksgiving weekend. There is nothing terrible about the hotel, however people should know that they gouge you on holidays ($70.00 extra for Thanksgiving night - and we made our reservations way in advance) and they seem to have an aversion to vacuuming.

Upon checking in, we check the room extensively for signs of bed bugs - looking under the mattress, behind the headboard, etc. We were shocked at how much food and debris was there.

Their hot breakfast has great potential. Unfortunately we have very early mornings while there, and usually only partake once during our 3-night stay. Again, when we did eat the breakfast, cleanliness was an issue. The food was okay, however many of the "clean" plates on the breakfast bar still had food attached - just makes you wonder...

On the upside. It has a lovely pool and workout room, and has a managers happy hour each night - unfortunately we don't have the opportunity to go down and enjoy the get-together. The location is convenient, and we feel very safe staying there.

Please ramp-up the cleanliness, or we are going to have to find another hotel!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
cbustraveler2, General Manager at Embassy Suites Columbus - Airport, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Dear museumcurator:

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review of the Embassy Suites Columbus Airport. The feedback our guests provide is extremely important to us as we strive to improve our service levels every day. Based on your comments, we did not live up to your expectations during your last stay, and for that I apologize. I will be sharing your comments with our entire staff in an effort to improve the items that you pointed out.

I hope that you will choose to give us another chance the next time you are in town. again, thank you for the helpful feedback.

Michael Cooney
North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

You can count on being greeted by beautiful and inviting surroundings when you enter the lobby of an Embassy Suites. Once again, we were not disappointed with our stay at this wonderful hotel. The front desk staff was courteous and professional. Our king bedroom suite was clean, tastefully decorated, and quite roomy. Our bed was comfortable with lots of pillows which is an absolute must have when you have lower back problems. Everything we needed was in the room therefore not requiring numerous phone calls to the front desk requesting missing items. The complimentary breakfast offers a made to order omelet station, as well as a bountiful buffet bar. Don't forget the Manager's Welcome Reception from 5:30 - 7:30 PM. This has always been a very nice amenity offered by this hotel chain.

We cannot say enough wonderful things about the hotel manager and staff! They are definitely above and beyond helpful and pleasant! An awesome staff which helped to make our stay a great experience!

Transportation and Location: They offer a complimentary shuttle for the airport. The hotel is conveniently located to the airport and a wide selection of restaurants.

Embassy Suites is truly a hotel that gets it right!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

The Embassy Suites sits among several hotels near the airport and I-670. The suites are very clean and very large. The bathroom is very big too, but cold, and my room didn't have a bath mat. The bed and bedding were very nice. My only issues were with the safe, which was awkwardly located on the back wall of the closet. Very hard to get to and almost impossible to see. The shape of the safe is also very odd -- it's vertical and fairly narrow. To put a laptop in there you need to set it on end. In any event, the safe didn't even work. There are directions posted, you need to insert your room key, but it didn't work for me.

In this day when everyone carries multiple devices, hotels really need to improve their safes -- size, location and function. The Embassy Suites flunks on the safe front, but is otherwise a nice place.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012 via mobile

The hotel overall is beautiful.everything from the rooms to the pool and work out area to the breakfast area.....fantastic.the bathroom is really nice.housekeeping walked in on me twice.was overcharged for an additional night and went through a lil bit of a hassle to get refunded due to one of the front desk reps who just made me out to be a liar.the second rep just blew me off and sent me straight to a managers voicemail.it did get straightened out eventually.other than that.best hotel in that area.

• Stayed October 2012
Findlay, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Second time I have stayed there for a park, sleep, and fly. They allow you to keep your car there while you are gone and shuttle you back and forth to the airport. The staff and especially the shuttle drivers are excellent, friendly, and professional. The breakfast was very typical of embassy suites (not better or worse). A little pricey compared to other park, sleep, and fly hotels in the area, but I would certainly keep staying there.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Stow, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

This hotel, with its close proximity to the Columbus Airport, was a terrific venue for a recent professional conference I attended. This was the second time that our association hosted its annual meeting and training session here.

The staff are all guest-focused and they all went our of their way to accommodate us.

The vendor/exhibitor area and the break-out rooms allowed for networking and socializing.

The food offerings were very good, and guests/colleagues staying at the hotel enjoyed the complimentary breakfast as well as the tasty Manager's Reception fare.

Our buffet lunch options were really great; and it was nice that a vegetarian selection was offered. The staff assisting at this luncheon were very friendly and attentive to our group.

The hotel's techical/AV staff responded to issues and challenges in a prompt and professional manner... as well as in a timely manner- which was much appreciated!

Every staff member I encountered greeted me personally and with a smile.

Although I drove to this event, I appreciated the proximity of this hotel to the Columbus airport. I believe this hotel offers shuttle services.

My guest room was really wonderful and offered several amenities. I especially appreciated the large work table as it allowed me to finish my scrapbook project at the end of a long and productive day at the conference!

My guestroom was very clean and the bed was one of the most comfortable I've encountered anywhere!

I'm hoping my professional group returns here at some future time as we all felt very welcomed at the Embassy Suites!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Been to Embassy Suites Columbus - Airport? Share your experiences!