“Embassy Suites Is Truly A Hotel That Gets It Right!!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Stay, Park
Ranked #7 of 141 hotels in Columbus
North Carolina
“Embassy Suites Is Truly A Hotel That Gets It Right!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

You can count on being greeted by beautiful and inviting surroundings when you enter the lobby of an Embassy Suites. Once again, we were not disappointed with our stay at this wonderful hotel. The front desk staff was courteous and professional. Our king bedroom suite was clean, tastefully decorated, and quite roomy. Our bed was comfortable with lots of pillows which is an absolute must have when you have lower back problems. Everything we needed was in the room therefore not requiring numerous phone calls to the front desk requesting missing items. The complimentary breakfast offers a made to order omelet station, as well as a bountiful buffet bar. Don't forget the Manager's Welcome Reception from 5:30 - 7:30 PM. This has always been a very nice amenity offered by this hotel chain.

We cannot say enough wonderful things about the hotel manager and staff! They are definitely above and beyond helpful and pleasant! An awesome staff which helped to make our stay a great experience!

Transportation and Location: They offer a complimentary shuttle for the airport. The hotel is conveniently located to the airport and a wide selection of restaurants.

Embassy Suites is truly a hotel that gets it right!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

395 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

The Embassy Suites sits among several hotels near the airport and I-670. The suites are very clean and very large. The bathroom is very big too, but cold, and my room didn't have a bath mat. The bed and bedding were very nice. My only issues were with the safe, which was awkwardly located on the back wall of the closet. Very hard to get to and almost impossible to see. The shape of the safe is also very odd -- it's vertical and fairly narrow. To put a laptop in there you need to set it on end. In any event, the safe didn't even work. There are directions posted, you need to insert your room key, but it didn't work for me.

In this day when everyone carries multiple devices, hotels really need to improve their safes -- size, location and function. The Embassy Suites flunks on the safe front, but is otherwise a nice place.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012 via mobile

The hotel overall is beautiful.everything from the rooms to the pool and work out area to the breakfast area.....fantastic.the bathroom is really nice.housekeeping walked in on me twice.was overcharged for an additional night and went through a lil bit of a hassle to get refunded due to one of the front desk reps who just made me out to be a liar.the second rep just blew me off and sent me straight to a managers voicemail.it did get straightened out eventually.other than that.best hotel in that area.

• Stayed October 2012
Findlay, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Second time I have stayed there for a park, sleep, and fly. They allow you to keep your car there while you are gone and shuttle you back and forth to the airport. The staff and especially the shuttle drivers are excellent, friendly, and professional. The breakfast was very typical of embassy suites (not better or worse). A little pricey compared to other park, sleep, and fly hotels in the area, but I would certainly keep staying there.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Stow, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

This hotel, with its close proximity to the Columbus Airport, was a terrific venue for a recent professional conference I attended. This was the second time that our association hosted its annual meeting and training session here.

The staff are all guest-focused and they all went our of their way to accommodate us.

The vendor/exhibitor area and the break-out rooms allowed for networking and socializing.

The food offerings were very good, and guests/colleagues staying at the hotel enjoyed the complimentary breakfast as well as the tasty Manager's Reception fare.

Our buffet lunch options were really great; and it was nice that a vegetarian selection was offered. The staff assisting at this luncheon were very friendly and attentive to our group.

The hotel's techical/AV staff responded to issues and challenges in a prompt and professional manner... as well as in a timely manner- which was much appreciated!

Every staff member I encountered greeted me personally and with a smile.

Although I drove to this event, I appreciated the proximity of this hotel to the Columbus airport. I believe this hotel offers shuttle services.

My guest room was really wonderful and offered several amenities. I especially appreciated the large work table as it allowed me to finish my scrapbook project at the end of a long and productive day at the conference!

My guestroom was very clean and the bed was one of the most comfortable I've encountered anywhere!

I'm hoping my professional group returns here at some future time as we all felt very welcomed at the Embassy Suites!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

We liked the hotel so much last year (9/16/11); we stayed here again this year (10/12/12).
The breakfast buffet is still quite good and the free omelet bar is a MAJOR plus.
If we got to breakfast when it opened (7:30 weekends & 6:30am weekdays), there were very few people. When you get later, it can be packed. Fortunately there was never a wait for an omelet and we always found a table.
The room was quite functional, but the lighting was not bright enough; especially in the bathroom. Our room only had a shower; no tub (not a problem for us). The bed was comfortable. The hotel was quiet during our stay. We asked for extra towels and they arrived within minutes of the request.
Both times we stayed in room 705, at the end of the hall, which only has one common living room wall with an adjoining room; so the bedroom is VERY quiet. This room is on the opposite side of the freeway and airport; which also helps. The wait for the elevator is usually measured in seconds, not minutes.
They have a Business Office in the Lobby with 4 computers and a printer that you can use at no charge. There is a $9.95 daily charge for Internet access in your room, but that does not appear on your bill if you are a Hilton Honors member; a good reason to sign up for the free Hilton Honors membership.
The only downside (not a fault of the hotel) was Presidential hopeful Mitt Romney and his entourage was there on Saturday morning and they made getting around a bit of a 'challenge' … until he left. So, I guess this hotel was good enough for a Presidential candidate too.
A year later, it is still a very good hotel!

Room Tip: Rooms at the end of the hall, only have one common wall with an adjoining room - Room 705 for exampl...