We were going to Columbus to visit Ohio State with our son. We usually prefer Homewood Suites but have had some disappointing experiences in the last year. After checking reviews here on Trip Advisor I decided to book the Embassy Suites at the airport. I usually am very wary of any airport locations because of the noise factor, but we never were bothered by noise in the 3 days we were here. Our check-in was very smooth and handled very professionally by the young lady (sorry I forgot to make a note of her name) who checked us in. We asked for some advice on the area regarding driving time to the campus and eateries and she was very helpful all around. Our usual request of a "high floor in quiet part of hotel" put us in room 601. Although this was next to the stairs, we didn't have any problem getting a good night's sleep every night. Breakfast was very good, with either cooked to order omelettes, hot buffet of scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, potatoes and waffles, or cold items like cereal and fruit bar. I sampled all the areas on our stay, and for a consistent experience I would recommend either the cooked to order or cold items. The hot buffet items could be dry and cool if you get there long after they've been set out, and the waffles just weren't very good (it would be great if they just supplied a waffle iron and mix to make your own fresh). The chef in the cooked to order section always made a great tasty omelette, and the fruit bar was always well tended to and tasted fresh. The overall appearance of this hotel is excellent starting from the lobby and throughout the halls into the rooms. Ours was very clean and comfortable. The whirlpool in the pool area was great, although I would prefer it hotter. This area was also well kept and inviting. The only small complaint I have would be with room service: We like to have our cup of tea in the evenings so we bring our own tea bags and honey, using only the cups and stirring sticks supplied in the room. When we used all the stirring sticks and left that holder out on the counter (before we left for the day) to show it needed more, housekeeping did not replenish it. We called after getting back and seeing this and they were sent up quickly, so I see no need to ding them for this. I would definitely stay here again when in the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Embassy Suites Columbus Airport in Columbus, Ohio is the premier full service hotel near Port Columbus International Airport and a preferred choice for business travel, Columbus vacations, and convention guests. The hotel is conveniently located 4 miles from Easton Town Center, 5 miles from downtown Columbus and the Greater Columbus Convention Center, and 10 miles from The Ohio State University.All registered guests receive accommodations in a 2-room suite, access to our evening Manager's reception featuring complimentary snacks and beverages, cooked-to-order breakfast each morning, and airport transportation.Whether visiting Columbus for business, leisure, sports or a convention, the new Embassy Suites Columbus Airport hotel is a central location to all Columbus has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Hilton Hotels, EasyToBook, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Agoda, Hotwire, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Embassy Suites Columbus - Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Columbus - Airport Hotel Columbus
- Embassy Suites Columbus - Airport Ohio