Trip Advisor rated this hotel as #2 overall In Columbus OH. This hotel certainly deserves a good review from my experience. I requested and received a handicap-accessible room, near an elevator, which I received (#522). The shower was roll-in shower designed for wheelchairs. This is also good for those of us who use canes and walkers too. There is no tub wall to trip over. The room would have been large enough to turn a wheelchair around in both the bathroom and the living area. The two room suite also included a small microwave and a small refrigerator. However, there is no silverware, so bring your own plasticware. The queen beds were quite comfortable and I liked the pillows too. The living area and the bedroom area both have the same size/same brand TV in them, and the remotes worked for both when you couldn't find one or the other.
I requested various items through my stay such as more cups, more towels, more shampoo, and my requests were filled. I also follow a policy of tipping every day and leave my requests written down with the tip. Works every time for me. My room was always very clean.
The breakfast bar was quite nice. Scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, gravy, biscuits, and so on. Fruit and yogurt, donuts and danish. .Four kinds of fruit juice. Coffee, tea, hot chocolate. Made to order omlettes, There were waffles but they were not the "make your own" waffles--but at least they were available. The staff were pretty good about cleaning up the tables. Overall the breakfast experience was excellent.
The manager's reception is every night but mainly for adults. Beer, wine, and soft drinks are complimentary (but I tipped the bartender). The only downside was that the snack menu never changed--it was always chips, salsa, guacomole, sour cream, cheeses, and fruit. On the upside, it was always excellent too. A change of menu might have been nice but the quality was always good.
The pool and jacuzzi area was always clean and always stocked with plenty of large, soft towels. I was surprised at how nice the towels actually were.
The front deak area was helpful and fast. Other Embassy Suites employees greeted me as I came and went and asked if I needed help. I was pleased that the staff was well-integrated--Black, White, Asian, Latino--and they all presented and handled themselves well. I do wish the high speed internet was free, but supposedly there is free wi-fi in the lobby area. I did not use it as I had my own wireless internet.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Columbus - Airport Hotel
- Embassy Suites Columbus - Airport Hotel Columbus
- Embassy Suites Columbus - Airport Ohio
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Embassy Suites Columbus Airport in Columbus, Ohio is the premier full service hotel near Port Columbus International Airport and a preferred choice for business travel, Columbus vacations, and convention guests. The hotel is conveniently located 4 miles from Easton Town Center, 5 miles from downtown Columbus and the Greater Columbus Convention Center, and 10 miles from The Ohio State University.All registered guests receive accommodations in a 2-room suite, access to our evening Manager's reception featuring complimentary snacks and beverages, cooked-to-order breakfast each morning, and airport transportation.Whether visiting Columbus for business, leisure, sports or a convention, the new Embassy Suites Columbus Airport hotel is a central location to all Columbus has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Venere, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Agoda, Fareportal and Otel so you can book your Embassy Suites Columbus - Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.