“Nice Hotel, Incredible Service” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #63 of 142 Hotels in Columbus
Chapmanville, West Virginia
“Nice Hotel, Incredible Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a couple nights a week for 5 months for work, and the staff and management was absolutely phenomenal. Rarely have I interacted with staff that was as flexible and accommodating as the staff of this property. Manager Staci can not be praised enough. Very easy going, very easy to talk to, and goes out of her way to try to accommodate you. Thank you Staci. The desk staff was great as well, particularly Kristen, who knew me personally and always had my check in ready for me when I arrived. The hotel and room themselves are what you would expect from Marriott (and with close to 700 stays at Marriott over the past 4 years, what I have come to expect). Clean, comfortable, and fairly well equipped. The area itself is 15 minutes or less to downtown Columbus, and the area directly around the hotel is fairly well stocked with shopping and food options, with a Cracker Barrel across the street in walking distance. I would recommend this property, and when staying in Columbus in the future for business or pleasure, I will definitely return here.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Staci H, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Columbus West/Hilliard, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
Jamie,

Thank you for the feedback! We always are glad to hear that guests enjoyed their stays with us! I will pass on your comments to Kristin! Good luck to you in California! Give us a call if you come back to town !

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Richmond, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

Stayed here a few weeks ago. There was a pen in the bed when I pulled back the sheets. Made me wonder about the cleaning process. The water for my morning shower was very cold- not a fun way to start a November work day. Handed a comment card with my e-mail address as well as my Marriott # to the person at the fron desk. Have not received follow-up- this was two weeks ago. Was hoping for better.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Staci H, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Columbus West/Hilliard, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
Scott N,

Thank you for your review. I am very sorry that I did not respond to your comment card. That may have been an oversight on my part. You can rest assured that the issues have been addressed. The hot water issue was a one time thing and has been resolved. We work very hard to make sure our guests have a satisfactory stay with us and appreciate all feedback.

Please feel free to contact me at the hotel if I can be of further assistance to you.
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

My partner and I stayed there this past weekend (Nov 15-17) and had a very pleasant experience. This was my first time staying at a Fairfield Inn. The hotel was very clean, the front desk staff was was very friendly and attentive. The housekeeping staff did a great job in cleaning up our room. Great job, overall......great value for the money. We will be back!!!!!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Staci H, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Columbus West/Hilliard, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
Ivorykeyes,

Thank you for your kind review regarding my hotel! I am so happy to see that you had an excellent stay with us! We hope that you will use us again the next time you are in town or just want to getaway!

Please contact me directly and I will be happy to assist you!
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

The staff was very friendly and the room was clean except for the ants which there were at least a half dozen I killed both nights if our stay.
The room was very small. When I called directly to make the reservation I had forgotten to request a crib so I called back later to make that request and was told that wasn't a problem they would have one ready. When I checked in the girl at the desk didn't know anything about it but went and got me a pack n play, which would've been fine BUT THE ROOM WAS TOO SMALL!!!!! My son had to sleep in his bouncer chair. There was not a mini fridge for me to put my sons bottles in so I had to use a cooler with ice. The beds were very comfortable but the size of room and everything else made the stay far too uncomfortable.
I have never stayed with any Marriott property before and if I had to compare it to Hilton's Hampton Inn I would say that the Hampton Inn is a much better value for the money.

• Stayed November 2013
Staci H, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Columbus West/Hilliard, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Mr. Buerger,
Thank you for reviewing us on Trip Advisor. We truly value all feedback as it helps us to better serve our guests.
I remember your reservation specifically because I was the person you spoke with when you called back regarding the crib. I had it put in a room for you ahead of arrival but I believe for some reason you ended up in a different room so I do apologize for that. There is not much we can do about the size of the rooms but we could have taken care of the other issues.
I hope you will give us another chance! Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you.
Bluffton, South Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

This was the worst experience we've ever had with the Marriott chain. The carpet in the elevator was so nasty. The room was not at all clean. When you walked on the bathroom tile floor your shoes would actually stick to the floor. The shower water was luke warm when it started but soon turned cold. When we tried to talk to the staff they were just rude. We were scheduled to spend four nights there but checked out and found another hotel. We are Marriott rewards gold members and this was a very bad experience.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Staci H, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Columbus West/Hilliard, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Ms. Huddle,
We appreciate your candid feedback about our hotel. I am sorry that you felt the need to cut your trip short with us and go elsewhere. We certainly do not want that and do our very best to make sure our guests are satisfied. I was unaware of any issues you had with your stay, other than the elevator which I did speak to you about and explain that we are in the process of getting the carpet removed. Had you made me aware of these other issues I would have been happy to make it right for you in whatever way I could. Never the less we do appreciate all feedback from our guests positive or negative and we will move foward to ensure that we correct issues that may arise.
WV
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

This is a newer Fairfield Inn but is already showing signs of wear. The hallway carpets need cleaned and the hallway on floor 2 had a mild smell. The room was comfortable and quiet.
The major issues were that I had a room with 2 double beds and one of the beds was not finished being made. The pillows were laying on the bed, but needed pillow cases. I think the maid forgot to go back. There was also some mold on the caulking in the shower. I stay in a lot of Fairfield Inns and other Marriot properties and expected better for a hotel that is only 1 year old.

The staff was nice and the breakfast was good. This hotel is convenient to I-70 just west of Columbus. There are plenty of restaurants and some shopping nearby.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Staci H, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Columbus West/Hilliard, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Asa203,

Thanks for the review! We appreciate all feedback as it helps us to continue to grow and serve our guests! I am happy that even with some issues you still like the facility. We are currently working on the hallway floors to get them cleaned. I apologize for the bed that was not finished, I suspect you are right and the housekeeper forgot to return. I have passed that information on to the team to remind them. We hope you will give us another try the next time you come to Columbus so you can see we take your comments to heart and correct them! Please feel free to reach out to me at any time if you need assistance!
Thanks!
Valley View, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

WE just stayed at the Fairfield Marriott CDolumbus West this past Saturday and were well pleased. This was the first time for us at a Fairfield and were unsure about them. We had always stayed at Hamptons. We found the hotel to be a good location and close to shopping and RT 70. There were plenty of places to eat around this area. We booked a handicap room/ with a king bed because my wife is disabled. The room itself seemed small but the bath room was extra large. The room was and bath were very clean. The morning continental breakfast fine. We would consider staying there again if we are ever in the area.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Staci H, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Columbus West/Hilliard, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Bweb1,

Thank you for staying with us! I am so glad that as a first time Fairfield guest you had a satisfactory stay with us and found the room in clean and comfortable condition. We do our very best to make sure all of our guests have an enjoyable stay. Having shopping and eating close by is a definite plus. We hope you come back soon!

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Columbus West/Hilliard? Share your experiences!