“Just average, expected better.” 3 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #64 of 140 hotels in Columbus
“Just average, expected better.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

This was just an OK hotel. I was expecting more, especially from a Marriott hotel. My room was very small but at least it was clean. There was no refrigerator, which was kind of surprising since in 10 days of staying at various Marriott properties across the U.S. (mostly Courtyards and Fairfield Inns) this was the only property without one. But in the small room there really was not enough space for one!

To make matters worse the room was not very quiet, as noise could be heard coming from adjacent rooms. All in all would choose another hotel if I had to do it over again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Staci H, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Columbus West/Hilliard, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
LateGreats
I wanted to let you know that I am sorry your stay as not up to expectation. We do our very best to ensure every guest is satisfied. For future reference we do offer refrigerators and microwaves in select rooms just let us know when making a reservation. Please let me know if there is anything else we could have done to make your stay better. I hope you will consider giving us another chance when in town.

63 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Dayton, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

We just returned home from spending one night in this hotel. I am so glad it was only one night!! While I can definitely applaud their cleanliness of our room and bathroom, that is about the ONLY positive I can give them. The room was ridiculously small for the cost -- my husband and I barely had room to get around in it. The air conditioner (operated from the wall thermostat) was loud and kept me awake. Beds are MUCH too firm, and the breakfast bar was just average, with fewer choices than many I have seen. My MAJOR complaint, however, was a very obvious strong odor that I smelled as soon as I walked in the front door, and I continued to smell it throughout the entire building and inside our room. It was very much like the smell of mildew or maybe some kind of terribly strong cleaning solution. I couldn't wait to get outside and get away from that smell, and the staff truly needs to do something quickly to remedy that problem. There were other hotels within close range of this one, and if we return to this area in the future, we will definitely choose one of the others. I need to get a good night's sleep when I travel instead of experiencing a restless night that I have to pay for!

Terry Asbury, June 2, 2013

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Staci H, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Columbus West/Hilliard, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Terry,
I am very sorry you did not enjoy your stay with us. We are a new property only a year old, so the smell was literally just the newness. We do our very best to accommodate our guests and quickly resolve any issues they may have. I do not know if you addressed yours with the team but we would have been very happy to help you with your situation. I hope in the future you will consider giving us another chance. Again I apologize for the less than satisfactory experience.
Marion, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

Thank you so much to the staff and managment of this hotel. By far the most relaxing and enjoyable stay, friendly front desk, and no hassel getting booked in. Will always be spreading the good attributes of thi hotel. Thanks again!

Room Tip: High floors have excellent view!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

On a business trip to Columbus, I stayed at this one year old, 3 story hotel, conveniently located near I-70 and I-270 outer belt on the West side of town off Hilliard-Rome Road. Many fast food and casual dining options nearby, as well as Walmart, Meijer and other popular shopping. Hot and cold breakfast served in spacious dining area. Pool and small exercise room. Great night's sleep in comfy bed. Everything was pefect except that my wake up call came one half hour earlier than requested. Ugh! Charming, historical "country church" with cemetery on the corner that continues to serve this growing, busy suburban neighborhood.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

This Fairfield is a hidden gem. The facility is fairly new (fewer than 18 months - my guess), and its well kept, clean and close to everything I need. Its about 10 minutes to downtown, and there are several restaurants near by. Also, the staff is polite and helpful. I stay in Columbus a couple times a month, and this the only place I stay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Orlando
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

Very comfortable king bed. Well kept and clean. Better than most Fairfield Inns that I have stayed in. Updated and modern with very friendly staff. Would stay here again. Close to restaurants and shopping.

Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Lake Zurich,IL ( Chicago burb )
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

This newly remodeled ( year ) had all the comforts needed for the traveler who needs a 2- 3 day stay while at a great location close to the City of Columbus or even an hour away from Dayton. This location was just south of Upper Arlington area and just off I-70. The king size bed was very comfortable with 5-pillows of various density to suit your comfort. LCD T.V was about a 32" with the main stations including HBO. The room was quiet and isolated from Elevator noise & Ice machine which helped in getting a good rest.

Complimentary breakfast was fine with microwave Jimmy Dean egg/sausage or microwave oatmeal + refrigerated fruit mix. I would of preferred to see fresh fruit on the counter, although apples are located in corridor next to cold water dispenser.

The Staff were very nice and offered tips to places to go in the area despite the row of fast food places down the street. The Biz Center was adequate as 2- computers/printers were available to use 24/7 which is really convenient for print jobs.

Free WiFi was good considering all the other Hotels pop up for a possible connection being so close to each other.

I would definitely return to this property as it suited my travel needs. I stayed from Wed-Friday at a rate of $119.00 + Tax with King Bed.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Columbus West/Hilliard? Share your experiences!