“Latisha (desk clerk) What a great job she did!!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #62 of 142 Hotels in Columbus
Dayton, ohio
“Latisha (desk clerk) What a great job she did!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

Just wanted to thank the management of this Marriott for their service and kindness and professionalism of staff. One in Particular was Latisha the desk check in clerk. There were a group of 46 ladies and she managed to keep her cool and smiled and helped us find a taxi to the Nationwide Arena on Friday night August 3, 2012. She deserves to be the employee of the month so thank you Latisha. Keep doing the outstanding job as the desk clerk. The rooms were clean, and the continential breakfast was good. So all in all I would recommend your establishment to anyone who needs a nice clean place to stay. Only 8 miles to downtown.

Room Tip: we stayed in room 224, it was a good location and very quiet.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Farmington, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

The hotel was a newer property that was beautifully appointed and quiet. We were very happy with it as we had stayed previously in a noisier hotel by the airport. I left my shoes by accident in the room when we left. When staff was called, they found them and mailed them at no cost to us which is fantastic and probably wouldn't have been done by most hotels.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Ballwin, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

We used this hotel twice in a little over a week as a stopping-point on our travels along Interstate 70. We found this to be a newer property with much more eye-appealing decor than the Fairfield Inns 5+ years old. The rooms were a good size, clean and comfortable.

The staff was friendly and helpful. While we did not need a lot of assistance ourselves, several times we observed the staff helping out with directions and restaurant recommendations. The location is good, with lots of dining options in a mile or two and grocery stores if you need something for the room.

This will be first on our list of hotels to book on our next road trip that takes us through the Columbus area.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

We stayed here for my son's orientation at Ohio State. Great location for that. Very nice hotel -- large room -- and extensive (and free) breakfast selection.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Fairfield County, CT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

I decided to try this hotel because it was new. I do not think the gentleman who checked us in at the front desk could have been friendlier. He took his time checking us in and explaining everything the hotel had to offer from the complimentary breakfast to the fitness center and pool. The room was fresh and clean but I did have a slight problem with the room. When I called the front desk, the attendant did everything possible to resolve the issue. I could not have asked for better treatment. The hotel is located off the main street but can be difficult to get out of during rush hour. Lots of shopping and restaurants are within a minute or two drive of the hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

We stayed at this place from July 1st thro' the 3rd. It was a very good experience! The rooms are a good size and very clean. The staff is wonderful and friendly. The breakfast had some healthy choices.
My ONLY complaint would be- we had to use styrofoam ware for b'fast. There was NO regular cutlery either! I was very disappointed! Imagine the waste it produces everyday! A Hotel this size should make ALL EFFORTS to go green and help the environment. PLEASE folks start using PERMANENT WARE and do your share for environment! OSU parents like me will be very grateful to you!
Thank you!

Room Tip: Demand that they not use DISPOSABLE WARE for b'fast!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Allentown, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

New decor, pretty and clean room, very friendly staff. Breakfast was as expected,no frills. Complaints: my credit card was denied and I had to use another. It should not have been denied, it was my Marrott Rewards card, and I had just paid the bill. I had to use another card and now will not get the extra points. I asked to use one of my free nights and was told I had to make those arrangements in advance. I don't have to stay here again.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Columbus West/Hilliard? Share your experiences!