“To say I found this hotel dirty and unpleasant would be an understatement!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Suites - Columbus / Keim Circle

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #68 of 140 hotels in Columbus
Virginia
“To say I found this hotel dirty and unpleasant would be an understatement!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2011

I picked this hotel because we needed a convenient place to stay off the highway for one night on our way to Indianapolis. The location looked good, and it had received overall decent reviews (none of the hotels off the highway got amazing reviews). I should have known it was a bad sign when we stepped into the hotel and the first thing we saw was a bad sign! A sign on the counter warned us about car thefts in the hotel’s parking lot and that we needed to take the necessary precautions! The woman at the front desk was not at all friendly, and we definitely didn’t feel welcomed there. The hotel room seemed fine, nothing at first glance either seemed horrible or spectacular. My children immediately wanted to go to the pool, and I thought the Jacuzzi would be nice after a long drive. The pool room was empty when we got there; I later figured out why! Soon after I stepped foot into the Jacuzzi, across from me bobbling on by were large bubbles of some unknown black substance! I then saw along the back wall a long, wide streak of no doubt a similar black substance! To call this totally gross is a total understatement! I then looked down and there were red circles of something! I opted to believe that they came from a spilt beverage and not bodily fluid! Needless to say, I was out of there very fast! I decided I would go into the nearby pool and hang out with my children! The first thing I noticed was the hair clip laying nearby on the ground… and then all the hair everywhere (which mixed nicely with all the dirt!). I looked at my son floating in the pool. And soon inquired what the white thing was floating near him! He said he didn’t know, but acknowledged he noticed it too! Then I caught sight of my son’s eyes!!! In the short time since we have arrived, the whites of his eyes had now turned tomato red! I panicked!! My son swims all the time, and never have his eyes turned red from the pool! It really threw me off! I made my children get out of the pool right away. We would have gone up to our room right away if we could have found a clean towel to wipe ourselves off with! But there was only one towel left and it was full of brown streaks! I was able to get the front desk woman to begrudgingly get us some towels. Back in the hotel room, I made my son get in the shower right away (naturally I had to first clean off the black dirt at the bottom of the shower) while I paged their pediatrician’s office. The nurse who returned my call assured me that it was most likely as a result of being in a pool that had too much chlorine. As it turned out, she was right. We stayed at a total of four hotels during that week, and this was the only one that caused my son to have red eyes from the pool. The next day we ate the hotel’s breakfast, which was fine, though my children didn’t like anything. However, before we went down to breakfast, I suddenly noticed something! I didn’t need to open the door or look through the peephole to see the hallway!! The door didn’t close correctly, and there was an opened gap on the side where the door did not meet the nearby wall! I wondered if anyone on the outside ever noticed this!! The next morning I decided to take some pictures off the pool area on our way to breakfast. All the dirt on the floor was still there – even the hair, forgotten hairpiece, and chewed-up gum! There were two positives that morning. Parked in front of the hotel was the M&M glass NASCAR truck with the M&M racecar inside, which my children enjoyed seeing. Also, on our way out, the front desk woman was extremely nice!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

60 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2011

Their customer service was the worst I'd ever experienced! The people behind the dest where the most unfriendly people I've ever dealt with.

We did not have maid service for 2 days. We had to call and ask for it!!!!

The rooms where not as clean as they should've been. Several people in our group had bugs in their bathroom, broken toilets, holes in blankets, etc.

We wont be coming back to a Comfort Suites anytime soon.

Colleen Sakaitis, Director
The Children's School of Performing Arts

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2011

We have stayed in other Comfort Suite's and loved it.This one was terrible,staff was unreliable.We had to go to the desk and ask for clean towels and for them to clean our room. This was the worst time ever. We will not be back to this Hotel again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Jarrettsville, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2011

We were here with our girls softball group and this hotel provided us with all of our needs.
The girls loved the pool and hottub and the breakfast was the best we have had during our travels. The room was a little small but it was extremely clean. We allways check for bed bugs, and there was none. The staff was so friendly and helpful. We will be back, thank you Comfort Suites!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Henderson, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2011

Very impressed by this hotel! i don't think that i've ever stayed at a cleaned hotel nor a hotel with such a friendly staff! I especially liked the clerk debbie, and the manager, they really cared about us, and made sure everything went well with our stay. We will always stay at this hotel whenever we visit columbus again!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Albion, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2011

Check in was very easy, and accurate. We were a little dissapointed the pool was down the first night, but was fixed the next day, these things happen. Our room was very clean and comfortable, The hotel passed the bed bug check. Breakfast was the best we have had on our travels. This hotel offers sugar free syrup for the diabetic, and that is not common. The staff was friendly and very accomadating to our needs. This hotel was recommended to us from a business associate, and he may have underestimated the quality for the price paid. We will be back!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
FL
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2011

I've stayed here more than once and was very pleased. Things have changed. Understand there a new owner. Arrival day, 2 staff members were smoking just outside the front door. Guests should not have to walk past smoking employees to go in the front door of the hotel. The pool was down--understand things happen, but still disappointing. A dirty rag was left in the bathroom. When going out for dinner, I discovered my hotel room door didn't lock so had to switch rooms. In the new room, the bathroom shelf was broken, hanging down. Awoke 2nd morning with what I thought were a couple of "bites" on my face. Awoke 3rd morning (check-out day) with bites on both sides of neck. Strongly suspect bedbugs. Great location for me and good rate, but won't stay here again.

• Stayed May 2011

Been to Comfort Suites - Columbus / Keim Circle? Share your experiences!