“Never again!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #121 of 140 Hotels in Columbus
Apache Junction, Arizona
“Never again!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I will never use trip advisor again. I booked a hotel room, got the confirmation, and when we got to the hotel they had no rooms left. Had to call trip advisor to complain. Not cool at all!!!! Lesson learned.....

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Vincennes, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

This hotel has been boarded up, shut down! Notices on the doors stated "Vacated, do not enter" It was closed just 3 days after we booked it. We learned later that this property was closed because of drug activity! No notice as given to us before hand of the closing! Be careful when booking anything in this area, looked unsafe to us.

Room Tip: Choose a different location
Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
War, Wv
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

So I arrive at the hotel today, 6/30/14 to enjoy two free nights and got to the zoo tomorrow with my little girls. As I approach the hotel, I notice all the restaurants, stores and the convenience to the interstate. Good location. However, when I arrive at the hotel, I notice that the front door is boarded up. So I drive around the hotel and notice its deserted. I call the hotel number and it rang and rang. I then call Wyndham Rewards...they are clueless about the hotel situation. While the gentleman on the phone, who was all caught up in my points I redeemed instead of me having a place for me and my girls to sleep tonight, had me on hold, I examined a sign on the front door about the facility being closed as of 6/25/14 at 11:00am by Columbus code enforcement. I had to stay in another "comparable" Wyndham hotel close by. I wish I would have seen those other reviews about the drug/prostitution sting prior to my trip. For now...this hotel is shut down!!!

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Fairmont, West Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

Today we were evicted from the hotel by the police due to the drug/prostitution ring being ran out if it. Not to mention that Day 1 of our Day 2 stay we had no power from 2:30 until well after we lest at 9:00 for our zoo visit.

The best part was the 3 lovely front desk workers refused to offer us a refund. Stating that they had not yet been paid by Expedia and could not give us our refund. But they were nice enough to give us Expedias customer service number who also could not offer our refund and referred us back to the hotel.

The carpets were stained the linens were old and the bathroom had enough Clorox residue to cover the evidence of the best crime scene. But if hookers and smack are your thing, by all means. But do not expect them to leave the light on. They most likely will not have power.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Bangor, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

I am holed up in this room right now so thankful I purchased a new AK47 on this trip and have plenty of ammo.

WE got to the hotel just in time for the police to swoop in with several cars to arrest some one - this did not seem to disturb the prostitutes one bit. Perhaps they have developed their great work ethic from their ever present pimps who I believe are flying the colors of the Crips. (Mind you I am not an expert)

This is the first hotel I have ever stayed at that has security bars on the snack machine.

As for the room I checked and did not find any used condoms - needles or bullet holes so I guess that is a plus.

The bed has a plastic drop cloth under the sheets so that should be nice and sanitary.

Hopefully we will live the night but things seem dicey right now.

If you do decide to stay at this property I suggest investing in a good bullet proof vest and be certain to carry a battle rifle and appropriate side arm.

And pray - PRAY A LOT!

Room Tip: Choose a hotel in a different neighborhood
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Columbus
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

Nice, clean room. Basic continental breakfast. Easy access to I-71. Adjacent to Giant Eagle. Well lighted parking. Good price.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Been to Super 8 Motel Columbus? Share your experiences!