“Boarded Up by Columbus Code Enforcement” 1 of 5 stars

Super 8 Motel Columbus
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1078 East Dublin-Granville Road, Columbus, OH 43229   |
Ranked #121 of 140 hotels in Columbus
War, Wv
“Boarded Up by Columbus Code Enforcement”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

So I arrive at the hotel today, 6/30/14 to enjoy two free nights and got to the zoo tomorrow with my little girls. As I approach the hotel, I notice all the restaurants, stores and the convenience to the interstate. Good location. However, when I arrive at the hotel, I notice that the front door is boarded up. So I drive around the hotel and notice its deserted. I call the hotel number and it rang and rang. I then call Wyndham Rewards...they are clueless about the hotel situation. While the gentleman on the phone, who was all caught up in my points I redeemed instead of me having a place for me and my girls to sleep tonight, had me on hold, I examined a sign on the front door about the facility being closed as of 6/25/14 at 11:00am by Columbus code enforcement. I had to stay in another "comparable" Wyndham hotel close by. I wish I would have seen those other reviews about the drug/prostitution sting prior to my trip. For now...this hotel is shut down!!!

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

150 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Fairmont, West Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Today we were evicted from the hotel by the police due to the drug/prostitution ring being ran out if it. Not to mention that Day 1 of our Day 2 stay we had no power from 2:30 until well after we lest at 9:00 for our zoo visit.

The best part was the 3 lovely front desk workers refused to offer us a refund. Stating that they had not yet been paid by Expedia and could not give us our refund. But they were nice enough to give us Expedias customer service number who also could not offer our refund and referred us back to the hotel.

The carpets were stained the linens were old and the bathroom had enough Clorox residue to cover the evidence of the best crime scene. But if hookers and smack are your thing, by all means. But do not expect them to leave the light on. They most likely will not have power.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Bangor, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I am holed up in this room right now so thankful I purchased a new AK47 on this trip and have plenty of ammo.

WE got to the hotel just in time for the police to swoop in with several cars to arrest some one - this did not seem to disturb the prostitutes one bit. Perhaps they have developed their great work ethic from their ever present pimps who I believe are flying the colors of the Crips. (Mind you I am not an expert)

This is the first hotel I have ever stayed at that has security bars on the snack machine.

As for the room I checked and did not find any used condoms - needles or bullet holes so I guess that is a plus.

The bed has a plastic drop cloth under the sheets so that should be nice and sanitary.

Hopefully we will live the night but things seem dicey right now.

If you do decide to stay at this property I suggest investing in a good bullet proof vest and be certain to carry a battle rifle and appropriate side arm.

And pray - PRAY A LOT!

Room Tip: Choose a hotel in a different neighborhood
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Columbus
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

Nice, clean room. Basic continental breakfast. Easy access to I-71. Adjacent to Giant Eagle. Well lighted parking. Good price.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2014

This is the worst hotel I ever booked in my entire life. It started right when we entered the pathway. It was smelling so terribly bad as if someone has been smoking all day and night in the pathways. There were some group of guys drinking beer in the main entrance of the hotel. The room looked good at first. But while sleeping we found couple of bed bugs. We wanted to change the room so called the front desk, they said they can't do because we rented through hotel.com. We asked the room service to clean it nice. They did but it happened again next night. We saw another couple of bed bugs. We asked to return out money but they didn't. We had to leave the hotel without worrying abt the last night already paid money.
While leaving there was a very rude african-american guy in the front desk. We complained again and then he said he really don't care. We also said we gonna put bad review and then he said "Sir, you can do whatever you want. We really don't care. Its ur wish". I was so pissed with the overall service. I would rather sleep in some park than sleeping this worst hotel.

Room Tip: Please do not go here unless you want some bed bugs coming back to your house.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Super 8 Motel Columbus? Share your experiences!