“Great hotel. Great location” 5 of 5 stars

2x Points Package
Ranked #18 of 142 Hotels in Columbus
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Columbus, United States
“Great hotel. Great location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014

The Hilton is easy to get to with restaurants nearby and in a convenient location to explore Columbus. The staff was very helpful and friendly and the accommodations were great! I highly recommend this hotel! For a good meal with local flair, check out Rooster's which is right in front of the hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Fargo, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

The location close to the OSU "Horse shoe" stadium was the main reason we chose to stay at this hotel. While the room accommodations were OK, the breakfast was served painfully slow, with abysmal service and the front-desk staff was not receptive to our complaints. I left a pair of sun-glasses in the room. When I called the housekeeping service I was told they will look for them and call me back in case they found them. I got a call and they said they did not find them. My advice: stay away from this hotel and if you go there do NOT forget things in the room.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Aspen, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

I spent six nights at this location of Hilton Garden Inn and enjoyed my stay except for the sleep number beds! I had a sciatica back flare up as the beds were old and too soft. The front desk did whatever they could to help. The first three nights I was in a King room and the side nearest the telephone was a giant divot. The side near the wall was a little firmer. An engineer came to adjust but after three nights I moved across the hall to a double bedded room which was much better.
The staff was friendly and accommodating -- Dan was very helpful -- printed out driving directions for me to attend reunion activities.. keeping me off the freeways..as I was familiar with Columbus streets before 1970.
The breakfast was the best value ever - for only $10.00 my one egg over easy was done to perfection.
Used the fridge and microwave - Kroger grocery store nearby. Kohls was next door - needed a scarf as weather was chilly and rainy. Used the jacuzzi to help with back issue and the workout room - they have a bike with back support.
I highly recommend this property but look forward to the opening of the Hilton Hampton Inn next door. It's currently under construction and is my favorite hotel everywhere I travel... The beds will be new and the sheets very crisp.
Remember that weekends are heavily booked for OSU activities and graduation weekend has to be booked months in advance...

Room Tip: Book the rooms on front side of hotel looking over the parking lot. Last three nights were facing an...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Columbus, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2014

I arrived at 11:00 pm to check in to a nicely appointed room, but it was on the smoking floor, I think. I gave a tax-exempt form at check in and received a bill under my door with hotel tax still on the bill. I was on a tight schedule for check out by 7:00 am and the clerk at the desk took what I thought was a long time, when I politely called to ask the tax be removed. Not too polite at check out.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Fishers, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

This hotel was perfect for the purpose of my trip....to watch my daughter play golf for Purdue at the Lady Buckeye Invitational. The location is ideal for OSU activities, very clean, safe and pleasant. Dan, the front desk attendant, could easily qualify as Hilton Employee of the Year! He was very helpful with the many questions I had that night and extremely polite.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo

Holmesville, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

Our family stayed at the Hilton Garden during the Columbus Equine Affaire 2014. I was impressed with the décor and high quality furnishings. But more importantly, I was impressed with the QUIETNESS of the hotel. Very little noise. I really appreciated that! The rooms/bathroom are a little on the small side for the price you pay, but they are in tip-top shape in cleanliness. The beds are very comfortable! Nice big TV! Our room had a small fridge, microwave and coffee maker that makes Great coffee! I had an enjoyable stay for one night. I would have stayed another night or more! The location is great, too. Bob Evans is just next door--perfect for a family!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Hurricane, West Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

The hotel staff, restaurant food, service, room, cleanliness were WONDERFUL. The mattress was hard as a rock so I felt like a 90 year old woman. I was stiff and my back and shoulders hurt. The pillows weren't fluffy. The pool is a lot smaller than it appears in the photo.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Columbus-University Area? Share your experiences!