“Very nice staff and hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
2x Points Package
Ranked #20 of 142 Hotels in Columbus
Kansas City, Missouri
“Very nice staff and hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

Good value for this Hilton Garden Inn. The staff were great to change the room when we realized a ball team was on our floor and might be noisy later. We like having a real coffee pot and mugs. Lots of parking.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Bloomington, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

This hotel was wonderful! It had a small swimming pool but it was always empty and a workout room. The service was very nice (saying "Have a nice day" or "hope you enjoy your stay" every time you pass the front desk). The hotel room is clean and nice although it seemed a little small for four. The location was nice too. Right next to the university and a few restaurants. Before you go, you should make sure that you get the bed and breakfast deal or else you'll be paying $30-40 for breakfast which we did (the university booked the hotel for us and didn't get us the bed and breakfast deal).

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Syracuse, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

What can I say we had a 24 visit to OSU for a lacrosse game ants this hotel is perfect. Warm fire in lobby & welcoming wine tasting. Great front desk staff, beautiful clean large rooms with microwave & refrig , And free local transportation. Only problem I won't be back for while! Met the owners daughter a true gem & perfect hotellier! Thank you for taking care of my parents group and letting us crash in your lobby!

Room Tip: Be sure to use the free local hotel shuttle & let them take you to OSU or local restaurants.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Ithaca, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

I found this motel to be clean, pleasant and comfortable. The location was perfect for me - close to OSU and to Clintonville (where I grew up). It is extremely easy to get from here to freeways going in any direction. There were two different groups of people staying there when we were there, and there was a relaxed, friendly atmosphere. Staff was helpful, polite and friendly. Breakfast was available and it was good, but if you want something different, there is a Bob Evans right next door. Lots of parking available. The only thing that might be a downside is the fact that it's not in a beautiful place, but I'd take it over driving an extra 20-30 minutes to some newer, more trendy area. I'll definitely return.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013 via mobile

The hotel was fine. The staff was nice and it was nice and clean. That's about it. The room is just a room, which is ok, but the bathroom leaves no room to get ready. The vanity is small. The blow dryer was the size of my hand.
The lobby is small and we were there on a busy day. It was always loud and crowded and no other place to hang out other than the room or the tiny overcrowded pool.
The bar is just four stools against a tiny counter. The restaurant pretty much is just part of the lobby.
I am a light sleeper so being able to hear the conversations in the hall and the neighbors TV until 2 am was annoying.
Again, the hotel was fine. But for the money I spent I would look elsewhere next time.

• Stayed March 2013
Rochester, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

I have been to Columbus on business and personal trips at least 15 times over the past 4 years. At least 50% ofte time I have stayed at this Hilton Garden Inn. Yes, I keep going back.
This week I had opportunity to take my wife and young son with me as I combined a little bit of business with some R & R. We spent two nights at this HGI. There are so many things about this property at make it a great place to stay.
Location is convenient to so much in the way of eating, shopping and entertainment (family type).
This property is very comfortable, modern and well maintained.
The real gem here is the hotel staff. Every member of the staff that we encountered was extremely pleasant and friendly. If you've read any of my other hotel reviews you'll know I like to feel like a welcome guest not a customer. The folks here get that.
I recommend this property whether you are in Columbus for business or personal reasons and I will be back. Maybe I'll see you there.

Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

We found this hotel to be very clean and moderately priced. The bed had an adjustment on it to moderate it between hard and soft- I only knew this because I strip a bed down to inspect it. It was not stated anywhere that I saw. I adjusted to soft. I don't know if actually changed anything, but it was one of the more comfortable beds I've had in a hotel. I didn't spend the entire night flipping.

Staff overall was very friendly. The associate the checked us in gave only the basics, I had to ask a few questions and received minimal responses.

You can purchase a stay that includes your breakfast. Or purchase individually. It is $9.95 for cooked to order and buffet, or $6.95 for just the standard "cold" buffet. Food was very good and hot. Omelet, french toast. Waffles and Pancakes were also available to order. Mix and match as you desire.

My only critiques are: Toilets are a power type flush- which comes in kind of loud from the room above. Doors are designed to slam if you don't hold them. Bathroom door swings toward the room door, which could be an issue in an emergency. Housekeeping was knocking on our door at 9:30- that's way too early to me- checkout is noon.

Very close to OSU

We would stay at this location again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Columbus-University Area? Share your experiences!