“Good location, comfortable motel” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save!
Ranked #18 of 140 Hotels in Columbus
Ithaca, New York
“Good location, comfortable motel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

I found this motel to be clean, pleasant and comfortable. The location was perfect for me - close to OSU and to Clintonville (where I grew up). It is extremely easy to get from here to freeways going in any direction. There were two different groups of people staying there when we were there, and there was a relaxed, friendly atmosphere. Staff was helpful, polite and friendly. Breakfast was available and it was good, but if you want something different, there is a Bob Evans right next door. Lots of parking available. The only thing that might be a downside is the fact that it's not in a beautiful place, but I'd take it over driving an extra 20-30 minutes to some newer, more trendy area. I'll definitely return.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

The hotel was fine. The staff was nice and it was nice and clean. That's about it. The room is just a room, which is ok, but the bathroom leaves no room to get ready. The vanity is small. The blow dryer was the size of my hand.
The lobby is small and we were there on a busy day. It was always loud and crowded and no other place to hang out other than the room or the tiny overcrowded pool.
The bar is just four stools against a tiny counter. The restaurant pretty much is just part of the lobby.
I am a light sleeper so being able to hear the conversations in the hall and the neighbors TV until 2 am was annoying.
Again, the hotel was fine. But for the money I spent I would look elsewhere next time.

• Stayed March 2013
Rochester, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

I have been to Columbus on business and personal trips at least 15 times over the past 4 years. At least 50% ofte time I have stayed at this Hilton Garden Inn. Yes, I keep going back.
This week I had opportunity to take my wife and young son with me as I combined a little bit of business with some R & R. We spent two nights at this HGI. There are so many things about this property at make it a great place to stay.
Location is convenient to so much in the way of eating, shopping and entertainment (family type).
This property is very comfortable, modern and well maintained.
The real gem here is the hotel staff. Every member of the staff that we encountered was extremely pleasant and friendly. If you've read any of my other hotel reviews you'll know I like to feel like a welcome guest not a customer. The folks here get that.
I recommend this property whether you are in Columbus for business or personal reasons and I will be back. Maybe I'll see you there.

Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

Stayed here overnight for a concert at the Schott. Location was excellent, quiet, room was clean and no problems experienced. This is the second HGI in the Columbus are that I've stayed in and both were very good. Breakfast was average, a little overpriced for what you get in my opinon.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

We found this hotel to be very clean and moderately priced. The bed had an adjustment on it to moderate it between hard and soft- I only knew this because I strip a bed down to inspect it. It was not stated anywhere that I saw. I adjusted to soft. I don't know if actually changed anything, but it was one of the more comfortable beds I've had in a hotel. I didn't spend the entire night flipping.

Staff overall was very friendly. The associate the checked us in gave only the basics, I had to ask a few questions and received minimal responses.

You can purchase a stay that includes your breakfast. Or purchase individually. It is $9.95 for cooked to order and buffet, or $6.95 for just the standard "cold" buffet. Food was very good and hot. Omelet, french toast. Waffles and Pancakes were also available to order. Mix and match as you desire.

My only critiques are: Toilets are a power type flush- which comes in kind of loud from the room above. Doors are designed to slam if you don't hold them. Bathroom door swings toward the room door, which could be an issue in an emergency. Housekeeping was knocking on our door at 9:30- that's way too early to me- checkout is noon.

Very close to OSU

We would stay at this location again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Lexington, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

Overnighted here while working at OSU hospital.
This is your standard HGI and that is a good thing!
Clean rooms, nice exercise and business facilities, and friendly staff.
They also have an excellent complimentary shuttle service and there are several dining facilities within easy waking distance of the property.
As has been mentioned in other reviews though, the property is not really located within walking distance of the University itself but it is an easy 5-10 minute drive.
I will not hesitate to stay here again the next time I am in town.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Springfield, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

This is a top rate hotel with great facilities and close to good restaurants, OSU and other attractions. The staff is friendly and the entry area is warm and welcoming.

They made this business trip comfortable and relaxing!! Thank you Hilton Garden Inn!!

Room Tip: Rooms away from elevator are quieter.