“I like this HGI” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 141 hotels in Columbus
Rochester, New York
“I like this HGI”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

I have been to Columbus on business and personal trips at least 15 times over the past 4 years. At least 50% ofte time I have stayed at this Hilton Garden Inn. Yes, I keep going back.
This week I had opportunity to take my wife and young son with me as I combined a little bit of business with some R & R. We spent two nights at this HGI. There are so many things about this property at make it a great place to stay.
Location is convenient to so much in the way of eating, shopping and entertainment (family type).
This property is very comfortable, modern and well maintained.
The real gem here is the hotel staff. Every member of the staff that we encountered was extremely pleasant and friendly. If you've read any of my other hotel reviews you'll know I like to feel like a welcome guest not a customer. The folks here get that.
I recommend this property whether you are in Columbus for business or personal reasons and I will be back. Maybe I'll see you there.

Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

191 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

Stayed here overnight for a concert at the Schott. Location was excellent, quiet, room was clean and no problems experienced. This is the second HGI in the Columbus are that I've stayed in and both were very good. Breakfast was average, a little overpriced for what you get in my opinon.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

We found this hotel to be very clean and moderately priced. The bed had an adjustment on it to moderate it between hard and soft- I only knew this because I strip a bed down to inspect it. It was not stated anywhere that I saw. I adjusted to soft. I don't know if actually changed anything, but it was one of the more comfortable beds I've had in a hotel. I didn't spend the entire night flipping.

Staff overall was very friendly. The associate the checked us in gave only the basics, I had to ask a few questions and received minimal responses.

You can purchase a stay that includes your breakfast. Or purchase individually. It is $9.95 for cooked to order and buffet, or $6.95 for just the standard "cold" buffet. Food was very good and hot. Omelet, french toast. Waffles and Pancakes were also available to order. Mix and match as you desire.

My only critiques are: Toilets are a power type flush- which comes in kind of loud from the room above. Doors are designed to slam if you don't hold them. Bathroom door swings toward the room door, which could be an issue in an emergency. Housekeeping was knocking on our door at 9:30- that's way too early to me- checkout is noon.

Very close to OSU

We would stay at this location again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Lexington, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

Overnighted here while working at OSU hospital.
This is your standard HGI and that is a good thing!
Clean rooms, nice exercise and business facilities, and friendly staff.
They also have an excellent complimentary shuttle service and there are several dining facilities within easy waking distance of the property.
As has been mentioned in other reviews though, the property is not really located within walking distance of the University itself but it is an easy 5-10 minute drive.
I will not hesitate to stay here again the next time I am in town.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Springfield, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

This is a top rate hotel with great facilities and close to good restaurants, OSU and other attractions. The staff is friendly and the entry area is warm and welcoming.

They made this business trip comfortable and relaxing!! Thank you Hilton Garden Inn!!

Room Tip: Rooms away from elevator are quieter.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Woodinville, Washington, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

Proximity to OSU is great though a car is a necessity. The hotel is bright, cheerful, clean, and modern and the staff are friendly. The pool is somewhat small but hardly ever used during my visits so the kids can go have a loud, splashy time without annoying anyone. Having the cold breakfast buffet with oatmeal, yogurt, pastries, fruit, etc for only $3 is hard to beat.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

This was my weekend get away with my two girls and my little boy. We came to visit family, the hotel was conveniently located close by. We stayed on the third floor view wasn't too great happens to over look the entrance sky light. My stay was very restful, slept really well it was very peaceful. Clean room, clean beds "just for me" clean bathroom. Over all the staff are awesome from making the reservations to checking out. Great location for football fans! Go Blue!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Columbus-University Area? Share your experiences!