“Excellent hotel!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 142 Hotels in Columbus
Shelby Township, Michigan
“Excellent hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2012 via mobile

This is my favorite hotel when I stay in Columbus. Everything is clean throughout the hotel. The fitness equipment is well-maintained. The rooms have lots of outlets for my laptop and other devices, nice size desk. The beds are supremely comfortable, including sheets and pillows. It feels like a home away from home. I often bring food from home so I don't have to eat out as much. I really appreciate always having a microwave and refrigerator. And wifi is better than most hotels. And visit after visit I can trust that they maintain this hotel to a higher standard than most others.

• Stayed March 2012
Indus511, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Columbus-University Area, responded to this review, March 8, 2012
Thank you jboat500 for taking the time to review the Hilton Garden Inn Columbus Hotel-University Area. It’s always a pleasure to hear directly from our hotel guests and glad you find the free Wi-Fi and in-room microwave-refrigerator helpful when you travel to Columbus. If you’re a Hilton HHonors member, you can earn 1,000 Bonus Points per night through the end of March 2012. Register online and stay for more Points that lead to great experiences! We hope when travel brings you back to Columbus, Ohio, you’ll keep our hotel in mind. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Rochester, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2012

This hotel was a very big disappointment. My daughter and I stayed here for two nights during a visit to OSU. The room was dirty. Very dusty and there was some sort of dried, dripping stains on the inside of the bathroom door. My bed frame had a terrible squeak in it so everytime I moved the noise would wake me up during the night. We left the hotel at 8:30 a.m. to go tour the university and when we returned at 1:30 p.m., our room was still not made up. When I called down to the front desk later to ask for clean towels for showers, I was told I could come down and to the lobby to get the towels myself. No apology for the room not being made up. I am a HHonors member and would not stay here again or recommed this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Indus511, Owner at Hilton Garden Inn Columbus-University Area, responded to this review, February 20, 2012
Good Morning,
I am sorry that this hotel did not meet your expectations. I can assure you that this is not up to our standards. I do hope you will return to the hotel in the future so that we can meet your expectations and exceed them.
Wailea, Hawaii
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2012

This is a very clean HGI located a few minutes drive from Ohio State. The rooms are clean, the beds comfortable, and the breakfast very good in the morning. We also found our welcome at 9:00PM on a Friday night to be very friendly, efficient, and genuine. We've stayed here before, and won't hesitate to stay here again on a future Columbus visit.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Toledo, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2012

Was there for a quick stay overnight. The room was clean, the bed soft and comfortable. Free wi-fi. Nothing super luxurious but very enjoyable.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2011

Very friendly staff and very clean, quiet hotel. The thing I liked best was the breakfast. Even though it cost $10, the food was hot, tasty and nicely plated. They also offer a cold buffet with the usual stuff for a price. But it was nice to have someone cook what I wanted, how I wanted it!

There are several chain restaurants within walking distance and the 315 highway is close by for easy access. Already reserved a room for the Thanksgiving holiday!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2011

We had such a good 4 day stay here! Location is perfect if you need to get around campus, good for any visitors of OSU students. The staff are so nice and friendly, I think they greeted us almost every time we walked in and out of the hotel, making us feel very welcomed. Although overall the hotel was smallish, the rooms were so clean and spacious and we felt like it was very well worth the value. The beds are so comfortable! Also, the complimentary internet and printing facilities was a plus!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
detroit
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2011

We stayed here to go to the Ohio State Fair and attend a concert. This was a very good choice because of the location. It is in a safe part of town and only a few minutes from Crew Stadium and the fairgrounds. There are many restaurants and a shopping mall nearby. The young men at the front desk are fantastic and really want your stay to be perfect.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Columbus-University Area? Share your experiences!