“Decent, reasonable hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn & Suites Columbus

Quality Inn & Suites Columbus
You added Quality Inn & Suites Columbus to your Saves list
Quality Inn & Suites Columbus
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   2340 Westbelt Drive, Columbus, OH 43228 (Formerly Super 8 Motel Columbus/West Hilliard)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #28 of 142 Hotels in Columbus
Eagan, Minnesota
“Decent, reasonable hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

This is a decent place to stay at a reasonable price. The breakfast was quite adequate, with a fair variety of foods. The staff was friendly. There was a bit of noise as we were fairly close to the lobby. There were no frills, but this is to be expected at this sort of a hotel at this price. Good job by this facility.

Room Tip: Try to get on the top floor to reduce lobby noise.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Kansas City, Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

This property is totally misrepresented on their website. The website lists it as a gold winner. There idea of gold and ours could not have been farther apart! Their carpet is worn, dirty, and stretched with loose areas even in the lobby. They also state they are non smoking both on their website and at the check in counter. They are NOT non smoking and the girl at check in said they have several smoking rooms for their guests. The woman at check out also told us the same thing, adding they plan to go to on smoking. We booked the hotel while traveling that day due to them stating they were a gold winner and on smoking. We arrived after the cancellation deadline. The hotel reaked with cleaning chemical smell that did not cover the odors.
We were so tired and I can say the bed was comfortable. The bathroom needed a good cleaning with Clorox to remove mold. The room had somewhat newer wallpaper and border to fix it up but this in no way covered for the smell or soled carpet and moldly bathroom.
If you are looking for a clean hotel DON'T stay here!

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else. Most Comfort Inns have been a good experience and the award winning Quality Inn...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Janesville, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

This was our second night in a row staying at a Quality Inn. The first night in PA was one to forget. We picked this hotel as it is a gold award winner and it was obvious right off why it was given this honor. The exterior of the hotel was well kept, we were greeted promptly and checked in without any problems. Our king bed room was clean, spacious and well maintained. Breakfast in the morning was typical of other Comfort Inn hotels, nothing spectacular but very good and tasty. Highly recommended.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Hendersonville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

We stayed here for the first time - the accommodations were excellent. The staff is very friendly - espeically our experience with Kristina. She greeted us when we arrived, checked us in promptly and accurately and was friendly to us whenever we interacted with her throughout our four days in the hotel. We will definitley stay here the next time we are in the Columbus, OH area.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Rockwall, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

1990s called and wants it's hideous floral carpet back! It had me really worried when I walked in and had pre-paid, but then, we cleared the cabbage roses and were greeted with a well appointed, spacious, clean room with very comfortable king bed. ALL was forgiven. Normally we skip the stale [included in the price] breakfasts, but this was fresh and had a nice selection. The evening and morning staff were friendly. The location was conveniently off the highway, but was industrial so we had lots of trucks/road noise very early in the morning. It was great for the night's stopover and would stay here again [for comfy bed] if on business, but I would not choose this if it were a special occasion and might be out late or want to sleep in.

Room Tip: If you want to sleep, stay away from the Waffle House where the big trucks park.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

I came to Quality Inn on April 24th after a long day on the road as a semi truck driver. The whole day all I kept thinking was I cant wait to get to my room and take a shower and have a cold drink and relax in my room. I get to the hotel, set down my things and run straight to the ice machine. Well long story short the ice machine was broke. So off to the front desk I go and talk to a sweet girl named Amanda. She came with me to the ice machine and after scratching our heads she told me she would help me get some ice from a partner hotel down the road. I thought to myself that is nice but I was ordering a pizza anyway so I'll have the pizza man pick up some ice on the way. She insisted to help me and offered to pay the pizza man for the ice but I refused and I offered her a compromise instead. I told her if I could get a late checkout we would be even on the ice. So.. 20 min later the pizza man showed up with my food but had no ice? He told me that Amanda had paid for the ice and we were good to go even after she broke our deal about her not paying for the ice. I still got my late check out, had my cold drink with my awesome shower and slept like a baby. I rate this hotel 5 stars. For there commitment to taking care of a worn down worker needing a night of relief from the road. So Quality Inn take care of this girl because she sure is taking care of her customers..Thx Amanda....Ryan Baker.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

I make it a point to stay at hotels under the Choice Hotels brand as I find they provide excellent value. We were traveling to the Buffalo area for Easter and encountered a traffic jam of epic proportions which led us to spend the night.

I found the room layout to be especially pleasing with a king size bed and comfortable sofa separated by a counter with refrigerator, microwave, coffee service and storage. There was a good sized closet and a work area near the window.

The restroom was clean and neat and a good sized flat screen TV was mounted to the wall that divided the windows at the foot of the bed. Speaking of the bed, it was very comfortable and clean as well.

Our stay was pleasant and I would definitely come here again should the need arise. Front desk staff were very nice, as was the attendant in the breakfast area.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Columbus? Share your experiences!