“Excellent Customer Service by Tasha” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #55 of 142 Hotels in Columbus
Columbus, Ohio
“Excellent Customer Service by Tasha”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

During my recent stay over the Memorial Day weekend, I had the best customer service, per Tasha, the front desk representative.Tasha was extremely kind, and very patient with all customers. And, very accommodating. The hotel was full of teenagers and young kids due to the holiday weekend-sports activities. I thought that I requested to be placed on the highest floor, to avoid the noise. Tasha realized that I wasn’t on the highest floor (without my asking/double checking). Tasha moved me to a room on the highest floor, and was kind to me throughout the weekend.

Will definitely stay there, again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

I've stayed at this hotel several times, most recently within the last couple of weeks. The staff was friendly and professional, the room was clean, and the bed was comfortable. I appreciate having a microwave and refrigerator in the room, and the (free) internet service was good. There are many restaurants (from fast food to moderate dining) and stores nearby, including supermarkets. I was pleasantly surprised to receive a phone call from the front desk asking if everything was alright with my room.

Three things prevent me from giving a five star review. First, because of the number of trailers using multiple spaces in the parking lot we were unable to find a parking space in the hotel lot when we returned from dinner. Second, the faucet in the bathroom sink is placed very close to the back of the sink and the water flow is pretty much straight down, so every time I washed my hands I'd hit the back of the sink (and I have average sized female hands lol). To me, that's bad design. Third, it was a little difficult to control the room temperature and the unit was a bit noisy. During previous stays (and of course in different rooms), I have not found that to be the case.

That being said, I like this hotel and will continue to stay at this location when I need to be in that area. I was comfortable and had a good night's sleep each night.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
O'Fallon, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

First of all I want to say "thank-you" to Pam, the hotel agent, who went out of her way to help us Sunday evening.

The coffee maker in our room was defective, but Pam took the time during her busy schedule to help us by replacing it.

She made us feel welcomed when we arrived which was of great help to us as we had been on a long road trip that day.

Holiday Inn serves a wonderful breakfast as well.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

This is the best Holiday Inn I've stayed in! Very friendly and nice staff. Everyone is very helpful!! Close to shopping and restaurants !! The rooms are great! Very clean!! They make you feel like you are home! I feel the staff at this hotel deserves a award, they have a hotel and staff that they can be proud of!!! Very helpful in suggesting places to visit! Would stay there whenever I am in Columbus!!!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

I stayed for a night while on business in the area. All the other positive reviews are correct, and well deserved. The property seems quite new, is close to the highway, and many restaurants, gas stations and shopping close by, although not really close enough to walk to except a Cracker Barrel.

Inside is new, fresh and modern. Room size (at least mine) was average, but very clean, and all in good working order. The bed was very comfortable, television great, etc. The only minor complaint would be the speed of the wifi as the hotel filled up.

All in all, an excellent choice if in the area.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Yspilanti
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

Had to find a hotel without knowing the area at all. This hotel looks brand new. Nice and quiet, comfortable and close to plenty of restaurants. Easy to get to from the expressway. Would stay again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Tom P, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Columbus-Hilliard, responded to this review, April 16, 2014
Dear BP242,

Thank you for your great feedback about our hotel. We are so pleased to be able to give to exceptional service to you and your family. We hope that we can be of service once more here at the Holiday Inn Columbus-Hilliard.

Warm Regards,
Snowreena H.
Front Office Manager
Louisville, Ky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel while attending a cheerleading competition. Staff was very nice and it is well kept. My only complaint was there were several short hairs in the tub upon arrival and when I grabbed a towel there was a long black hair woven in the threads-gross! If they work on these issues I would consider staying again if I return to the area.

• Stayed February 2014
Tom P, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Columbus-Hilliard, responded to this review, March 2, 2014
Dear JackJo,

We appreciate your 4 star review and feedback on our hotel. My team will be pleased to hear that they gave great service to you during your stay. I do apologize for the missed hairs in the tub. This will be addressed at our next meeting and we thank you for informing us about this issue. This review gives a room to improve and become a better location. So thank you again! We hope that you come back and visit soon.

Warm Regards,
Snowreena H.
Front Office Manager

Been to Holiday Inn Columbus-Hilliard? Share your experiences!