“Worth the price, nice area of the Arena District, charge for parking” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof PLUS+ Columbus Downtown-Convention Center

You added Red Roof PLUS+ Columbus Downtown-Convention Center to your Saves list
Red Roof PLUS+ Columbus Downtown-Convention Center
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   111 East Nationwide Blvd, Columbus, OH 43215   |
Ranked #25 of 142 Hotels in Columbus
Cleveland, Ohio
“Worth the price, nice area of the Arena District, charge for parking”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2010

Booked a night for a show at the Basement and the OSU game the next day. Room was newly remodeled and clean. Bathroom a little small, but a fridge and microwave was available in the room. There was an unexpected charge to park your car not mentioned when we booked the room. But, they allowed us to stay in the lot for the OSU game the following day. The only complaint was the continental breakfast. It is poor, coffee was not available, just a few muffins and hard bagels. The lady attending to the area was rude and mean. People working the front desk were very attentive. Free Wifi a nice add to the evening.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2010

Thoroughly enjoyed my stay at the Red Roof Inn. Front desk provided exceptional guest service. Thank you Haley and the guys from 2nd shift. Zorita made sure my room was refreshed daily and I had full service when I needed it. Great stay beautiful hotel

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
redroof262, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Columbus Downtown-Convention Center, responded to this review, September 23, 2010
thanks for posting such a nice review. as you can see our staff loves helping our guests. hope you come back soon.
Mansfield, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2010

The room was large,clean,quiet and comfortable. Was good location for the football game at OSU. Go Bucks! Parking lot was part of the lot connected with the Convention Center. Spaces were very small. There was a 10.00 charge for parking and we were later told we could have parked in the Convention Center area for another dollar. Not much for breakfast. Muffins,tea,coffee and juice. I would stay here again. I'm just saying,be prepared. Everyone was pleasant it was clean,and there were NO BEDBUGS! I looked everywhere.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
thanks for such nice comments about our hotel. Bucks win again!! pls come back for another game soon!
Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2010

I stayed at the Red Roof in Nationwide Arena for a few days in September 2010. The staff were friendly and accommodating and the rooms were nice. Parking was across the street on Nationwide Blvd. and $10 a day. It was fine although a bit inconvenient to try and dodge cars to get back to the hotel (although I understand that parking in downtown is difficult). The continental breakfast was more of a grab and go with juice, muffins, danishes and bagels. There is also flavored coffee available all day in the lobby which was nice to come back to. Overall a pretty nice stay especially for the price in downtown Columbus.

Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2010

We were downtown for a convention so the location was perfect and the value was great! We were within a few minutes walking distance from our meeting.The staff was friendly, helpful, and courteous at check in. We had convenient parking at a reasonable rate. The rooms felt clean -- I was surprised to see laminate flooring in the room which felt so much crisper and cleaner than some hotels with their dirty feeling and smelling carpet. (There was a carpet that the bed sat on so you had something warm to put your feet on when you got up in the morning). The continental breakfast was adequate. My only complaint is that the bed was firm and I am used to a softer pillow-top mattress at home, therefore I had problems sleeping.

Bay Village, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2010

I originally chose this hotel because it was $60-$80 dollars cheaper then hotels almost directly across the street. I am so happy I did because not only was the price better but the rooms were fantastic! This hotel completely changed my opinion on Red Roof Inns. Not that I had a bad opinion but always viewed them as your average weekend hotel for a business trip....gets the job done but nothing to brag about. Well, I was so happy with my lodging at this facility that I am writing my first review ever....(and I travel about once a month or more) The front desk staff was the BEST service I have had and the rooms were surprisingly contemporary, spacious and new. I was very happy about the cleanliness and aesthetics. I was even happier about the free wifi, microwave and refrigerator. As a fitness professional this was huge as I like to pack healthy snacks, meals, etc,. and had the perk to do so. I had stayed at Ritz Carltons and Renaissance's within the past 6 weeks and they didn't even provide the fridge, microwave and free wifi amenities. If you couldn't already tell I would definitely recommend this hotel and was extremely happy with the hotel I had chosen.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
redroof262, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Columbus Downtown-Convention Center, responded to this review, September 15, 2010
thank you very much for your comments about your recent stay in our hotel. we are now 100% remodeled. hope to see you back here when you return to Columbus, OH.
Youngstown, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2010

I stayed at the downtown Columbus Red Roof Inn last weekend, and was very pleased with the quality of the room (especially the bedding), the free continental breakfast, and the great value. Everything was immaculate, some niceties were provided with the room, and the staff was very professional. My only criticism; the coffee provided in the room could be better quality.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends

Been to Red Roof PLUS+ Columbus Downtown-Convention Center? Share your experiences!