“A pleasant suprise in a great Columbus location.” 4 of 5 stars

Red Roof PLUS+ Columbus Downtown-Convention Center
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   111 East Nationwide Blvd, Columbus, OH 43215   |
Ranked #24 of 142 Hotels in Columbus
Point Pleasant, West Virginia
“A pleasant suprise in a great Columbus location.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

Nice and clean. Comfy beds. Can't beat it for the price.
My only complaint is the noise. We stayed here on a Saturday so people coming in from the bars were loud and their voices just echoed into our room. We woke up several times because of noise.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
redroof262, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Columbus Downtown-Convention Center, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
Thank you for telling us about your weekend stay at our Columbus Downtown Red Roof Inn. Glad you enjoyed our NextGen rooms with micro-fridge, flat screen TV, free Wi-Fi, coffee maker and our 100% smoke-free environment. Please allow me to apologize for the noise that disturbed you during the night. I am sorry about the noise from other guests. Please come back and visit us again whenever you might be staying in Columbus. Thank you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
North Olmsted, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

I am in a wheelchair & the room I reserved was a Handicapped single w/ king bed. When we got their I asked if there was a double handicapped room available just because the rooms are larger & easier for me to get around., both JJ & Erica tried to find one. But there was not one available. So we went to the room I had reserved. Erica took us to the room. When we got there there was an issue. The issue was the bathroom, I could not get to the toilet,and the sink was not usable for me.I called down to the front desk. And they went looking for another room. JJ took us to another room & again the same issue. JJ came back up to our room & said he found one that had just come up as being clean. He took us to the third room 715 & it was great. They both really tried to make us happy. I later went to turn the TV on & it was "stuck" on the weather channel. I again I called down & JJ was up in just a few moments, he somehow reset it & it was fixed. We then went out to dinner, when we came back & the TV was doing the same thing. This time Erica came up & again reset it. And it was then fine for the rest of our stay. I truly would stay there again,just because of the effort these 2 employees showed us to make me comfortable with my disability issue. I think they need a raise! Red Roof Inn property # 262.

Room Tip: If you are a physically challenged, call the hotel for rooms that are workable. Have dinner at 89 F...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
redroof262, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Columbus Downtown-Convention Center, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
Thank you for telling us how much you liked your recent visit with us. We love to hear back from our guests. I am glad J.J. and Erica were able to take good care of you to make sure your stay was comfortable. We do have several very spacious accessible guest rooms in our hotel. The 89 Fish & Grill is an excellent restaurant located right next to us. Many other fine restaurants are within easy walking distance. We hope to see you here again whenever you are visiting Columbus, OH.
Evansville, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

The rooms are so clean and well kept. The staff is friendly and it is within walking distance of two restaurants. The continental breakfast in the morning is what you would expect with bagels, toast , pastries and selected fruit. It was quiet and it was perfect. I give it a five star myself.

Stayed April 2014
redroof262, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Columbus Downtown-Convention Center, responded to this review, April 9, 2014
We appreciate you taking the time to let us know how much you liked our hotel. Besides the two restaurants right next door to us, there are probably no less than 20 other fine restaurants within easy walking distance from the hotel. We are conveniently located across the street from the Greater Columbus Convention Center and about 3 blocks from Nationwide Arena, Huntington Ballpark and the Life Style Community Center. The Short North, North Market and The Arena District are also within 3 blocks of us. Please come back for another visit with us when you are returning to Columbus!
Champaign, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

After reading multiple reviews on here about this property I did book for a Friday night hockey game. Check-in was quick and simple. The staff at the front desk was very friendly and personable. Parking right across the street was cheap ($10 in and out) and easy.

Asked for a high floor in the hopes it would be quiet. Was given room 701 which was at the end of the hall and actually one of only two rooms behind a firewall, so yes it was quiet and private. The room exceeded expectations. VERY spacious!!! Modern decor and features; wall mounted flat screen, microwave, mini fridge, and tons of outlets. Requested a rollaway, but they did not have any. They did have a full-sized inflatable air mattress that actually worked better. It was very easy to inflate and when necessary, deflate. It was WAY more comfortable than a rollaway.

The hotel is a very short two block walk to the arena district and even closer to the Convention Center.

The caution is for the breakfast. I read some reviews on here that said the breakfast had sausage, either patties or links, but they did not. I could have sworn I read it had biscuits and gravy as well, but none. We got down the the breakfast room at 8:30 and they hardly had anything. Some hard boiled eggs and a tupperware bowl of fresh cut fruit with just a few pieces left at the bottom. Little paper plates (the size of a DVD) obviously told me they weren't going to have any hot food. My daughters were hoping for even some cold cereal, but none. For a family of 4 breakfast at the hotel can save $20-$30, but it didn't on this stay.

Would I recommend this property, yes I would. However, be prepared to find breakfast somewhere else. Otherwise, very happy and impressed with this Red Roof Inn.

Room Tip: If rooms _ _ 1 or _ _ 2 are the same on each floor, that is what I would ask for. Such as 701 or 70...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
redroof262, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Columbus Downtown-Convention Center, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
Thank you for telling us about your recent stay in our 7-story Red Roof Inn Plus+. Many of our guests comment about how large and modern they find our rooms to be. We also have free Wi-Fi connections and in-room safes for a small fee. Once parked, just about everything you need is within walking distance from our hotel. Sounds like you found it to be very convenient for the NHL game. I do apologize for the limited selections available on our continental breakfast. We hope you will return and stay with us again and often.
Jacksonville, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

My son and I traveled to Columbus in March 2014 in order for him to compete in Arnold Strongman World Championships. (At 21 years of age and the youngest in the field he came in the 2nd in the world!) That was Win #1.

Win #2 came in the form of tremendous customer service and assistance by the staff and management of the Red Roof PLUS in Columbus. Being confined to a room with an athlete for 4 days can be challenging. The staff made it more than bearable. With every request to make our stay easier we were greeted with a smile and a 'can-do' attitude. The hotel manager (Ken) actually brought up a salt dispenser early in our visit when we just couldn't find any. The manager delivers?!

The crew of Erica, Shay, Haley and Melinda went out of their way to accommodate our strange requests. Whether it was where should we eat or can we get more towels, they made sure we got it. The young woman who handled the breakfast (can't remember her name but do remember her smiling countenance) was such a hard worker. Even when people didn't clean up after themselves, she just did her job with a great attitude. With a lot of athletes in the building we kept her busy.

Erica at the front desk made sure our final bill was accurate and was even able to adjust the fee on our last night so it was more bearable. That was much appreciated!

One day I walked to the closest grocery store (1.5 miles in the snow!) and ran into the hotel manager, Ken. He offered to give me a ride back to the hotel. He even waited while I finished shopping. We had a delightful conversation on the way back. It is so nice for people who work with people to build relationships of trust and sincerity.

This hotel and staff made our lengthy stay enjoyable and one in which I would love to return to Columbus and see them again. Mind you--this is all coming from Hilton Diamond member. I'm now a Redi-Card holder!

Please feel free to contact me should you want to know more about these fabulous people.

Jeffrey Clayton

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
redroof262, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Columbus Downtown-Convention Center, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Thank you so very, very much for your kind words as a review of your stay for the Arnold Sports Festival. Congratulations to your son on his 2nd place finish in the competition! That is outstanding! Our team of Erica, Shay, Haley and Melinda will truly appreciate being mentioned for their attention to details and excellent service they provided during your weekend. We always look forward to seeing repeat guests for The Arnold and we hope you will return next year when your son will be moving up to #1 in the world.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

I just want to say J.J. and Michael was awesome. . They where first class front desk help. And you and tell they care. The only thing I didn't like was there are doors attached to the other room so u here everything in the other room..but over all nice place to stay..

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Your comments about your recent stay are very much appreciated. Thank you for taking the time to let us know how much you enjoyed the awesome service you received from J.J. and Michael. They will greatly appreciate being singled out for their work performance at the front desk. We hope you will be returning to visit us again & again. Only a slight delay on the delivery of our brand new TVs, but new H.D. television service in all rooms here in just a couple more weeks!
Granville, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

We stayed here for a bachelorette outing. From the time I called in to the time we left, we experienced wonderful customer service and all staff was super accommodating. Even more importantly, they have a wonderful security policy that will only allow those you choose access to your room. We got a room with double beds and it had super nice wood floors and was VERY spacious. We loved it and can't wait to go back.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
redroof262, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Columbus Downtown-Convention Center, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
Great to know that you enjoyed your recent stay in our hotel. We love to hear that our guests received excellent service and like our spacious rooms. Hope you had a chance to sample our free continental breakfast and use our complimentary Wi-Fi connection. Technicians are in the hotel now to install our new H.D. TV reception for the flat screen televisions that are in all of our rooms. Thank you so much for your comments. Please come back soon and try one of our new Premium room options, that include a snack box of goodies for each day of your stay.

Been to Red Roof PLUS+ Columbus Downtown-Convention Center? Share your experiences!