“Sweet Suites” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #29 of 140 Hotels in Columbus
Round Rock, Texas
“Sweet Suites”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2011

This is the nicest Red Roof Inn I've ever stayed in. Easily comparable to any mid-scale property and half the price. The suite was clearly all new and spotlessly clean. Large flat screen TVs, modern fixtures, french doors seperating the king bedroom from the living room, refrigerator and microwave...it was really nice!

I also want to note that the staff was really nice. Little things like holding the elevator when I was half way down the hall and keeping my papers at the front desk while I went out to dinner mean a lot. I would also commend the hotel for the excellent airport shuttle service; they were 100% flexible and picked up and dropped off right on time. Thanks for a great stay!

Room Tip: Pay a little more and get the suite!
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
showard08, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Columbus Downtown-Convention Center, responded to this review, June 13, 2011
Thank you for allowing us to host you during your visit to the area and for posting a review about your stay at our hotel. We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your accommodations and that you felt welcome and comfortable at our property. Our brand is proud to offer a great price for a great place and very happy that you enjoyed the savings. It is always our pleasure hold a door open or hang on to important papers for you, it is the least we can do to make you feel at home and welcomed. Our shuttle service has been a complimentary service that our guest has found to be convenient for their travels alleviating the extra cost of a rental car. We are very happy that you were able to use this service and thank you for letting our future guests know of this amenity. Again thank you for your comments and we truly look forward to serving in the future.
Columbus, OH 43215

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
North Royalton, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2011

Very clean and modern looking. Very pleasant staff. Large room that was very clean.

The ony thing I did not lik was the loud buzz that was emitted when ever someone put their key in the door. It did wake us a few times during the night. Being right downtown in a large city with many college students, people were comming and going all night long.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
showard08, AGM at Red Roof PLUS+ Columbus Downtown-Convention Center, responded to this review, May 31, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your stay at our hotel. We are pleased to hear that you liked your accommodations and that the guest service representatives made you feel welcome. We would like to apologize that you were disturbed by the key entry system for our doors and that you were awakened during the night. Again thank you for leaving a comment and we will look into a better weather stripping that might better muffle some of the outside sounds. Your thoughts are appreciated and we look forward to serving you again in the future.
Millersburg Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2011

Spent 3 nights at this Inn and was pleased with every aspect of my stay. Front desk staff was pleasant and very helpful. Room was clean, roomy and very comfortable. Right across the street from the convention center providing easy access to my event. Would definitely book with this facility again when in the area. Many good restaurants nearby.
Would certainly recommend this Inn to anyone.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
showard08, AGM at Red Roof PLUS+ Columbus Downtown-Convention Center, responded to this review, May 25, 2011
Thank you so much for leaving such wonderful comments about your stay at our hotel. Our staff has enjoyed the compliments and wants to express their gratitude for such a nice review. We are very fortunate to have such dedicated and loyal staff in all of our departments allowing us to better serve our guests. Our location and proximity to the convention center allows our guest easy access to the center. Again thank you for positing a review and we look forward to serving you again in the future.
Durham, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2011

I've stayed in 3-star hotels in Columbus, and this Red Roof Inn definitely beats them in terms of value. Clean rooms, thoughtful layout for desk (with flat screen TV mounted on wall above), wooden floors that make it easy to roll around in your chair, free internet, and easy access to restaurants. You also get free access to a nice gym three blocks away. When I come back to Columbus, I am definitely staying here.

Room Tip: Book on websites such as priceline.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
Thank you for posting a review about your experience with our property. Your comments have brought smiles to all of our staff and are greatly appreciated. We are very pleased that you were happy with your accommodations and that you found our property suited your taste and needs. We are also happy to hear that you were able to enjoy the gym and free internet something most hotels charge extra fees for. Our property is located in conveniently close to several good restaurants and glad that you were able to enjoy them as well. We thank you again and look forward to having you as a guest again in the future.
Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2011

I had never stayed at a Red Roof Inn before, and really didn’t know what to expect. All I knew was that it was a value chain. I have to say, I got much more than just an affordable fee—this hotel was great! The staff was very helpful with directions (my GPS got me lost on the other side of downtown) and was incredibly courteous. I stayed in a Superior King room and it was great! The whole building is clean and well-decorated. There is room service (which I didn’t use) and a basic continental breakfast. Best of all: There’s free wi-fi; I just don’t get hotels that charge for it.

The staff also really seemed to care about the customers. The Race for the Cure was happening that weekend, and the staff made sure that everyone knew this could affect travel plans due to temporary road closings. This was key, because the night after staying here, I stayed at the Hyatt on Capitol Square, a hotel that was also affected by the race, yet the hotel made no preparations for it (I’ll save that story for another review!).

This trip was mainly to hang out on the Short North, which is a 5-10 minute walk away (take yourself out to lunch at Knead Urban Diner—you’ll be glad that you did!).

There is one caveat with staying in the Red Roof Inn: Parking is across the street, which is fine with me, but I could see it being a problem in the winter. The upside is that it’s only $10 (a steal compared to some other area hotels) and the lot is monitored.

I plan on another “buddies weekend” in Columbus this summer and will be booking my stay at the Red Roof Inn!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
showard08, Assistant General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Columbus Downtown-Convention Center, responded to this review, May 25, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your stay at our hotel. We are very pleased to hear that you were more than happy with your accommodations and that our staff was able to help you navigate through our city. With great staff in all of our departments we are able to give our guest services that other brand hotels will charge an arm and leg for. Our extra amenities such as free internet and the complimentary grab and go breakfast is our way of thanking our guest for choosing our brand. We are happy to hear that you took advantage of our surrounding attractions and that you enjoyed yourself during your visit. We appreciate your review and look forward to serving you again in the future.
kennewick, wa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2011

I had a nice, large room. Wireless internet worked great. Parking was a half block away (a block if you went to the light) across a rather unbusy street. Where else could you park at a downtown hotel for $10 a night? I could have stayed at any of the more expensive hotels nearby, but not sure I would have gotten that much more value for the price. A couple times my card to get in the parking lot did not work, but staff easily changed it out. I complained about the safe charge, and management promptly removed it. Continental breakfast consisted of packaged rolls and muffins and bagels. There was plenty of it and nice breakfast area to eat and read my complimentary USA Today.

Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
showard08, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Columbus Downtown-Convention Center, responded to this review, May 19, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your stay at our hotel. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and were able to enjoy the extra amenities our property has to offer. Our complimentary grab and go breakfast, USA Today and internet is our way of saying thank you for choosing our brand. We are in a very good location in our city and hope you were able to enjoy all that it has to offer. We do apologize for the mishap with the parking lot and glad that we were able to correct the issue for you. As for the safe fee we are firm believers of accurate billing and anytime we are informed of a billing error we are quick to reverse the charge, as our guest satisfaction is more valuable than that of a safe fee. We do appreciate that you have left such a glowing review and look forward to serving you again in the future.
Ken A Schraudner GM
Cleveland, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2011

I recently stayed at this hotel. I was parked in the hotel parking lot and on Wednesday morning at 7:30 am I went to my car to find that it had been broken in to- along with 9 other cars. There was absolutely no security at the hotel parking lot, no cameras... Nothing. However, what actually upset me was the response I got when I went back in. The lady at the front desk told me "that happens". I asked her if she could call the police out and she said no, but gave me a non emergency number to call (they have slips ready, so apparently this DOES happen a lot of they have done nothing to prevent it). I asked her if I could use her phone book and she said I had one in my room. She did literally nothing to help me at all. I told her 9 other cars were broken in to , and she showed no concern. I told her I wouldn't be parking my car there that night ( I parked in a competitor hotel lot) and that I would not be paying for parking. They charged me for both nights parking, which I will be disputing. Then when I came back to the hotel at around 2:30 in the afternoon, 3 of the cars broken in to were still parked in the lot. They had not even made the effort to walk out to their lot and notify the people who's cars were broken in to. What a disgusting event. I have absolutely no respect for Red Roof Inn and will never stay there again. I contacted Red Roof's 1-800 number but still have not heard back from the site manager

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business

Been to Red Roof PLUS+ Columbus Downtown-Convention Center? Share your experiences!