“Bad customer service” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Plaza Columbus North Hotel and Conference Center

You added Ramada Plaza Columbus North Hotel and Conference Center to your Saves list
Ramada Plaza Columbus North Hotel and Conference Center
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4900 Sinclair Road, Columbus, OH 43229 (Formerly Ramada Plaza)   |
Ranked #106 of 142 Hotels in Columbus
Cincinnati
“Bad customer service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

I have never received such bad customer service. The check in was wrong I asked for a non smoking room they booked me in smoking. Lied and told me they had no other rooms available
And I had to WAIT FOR A NEW ROOM but told another guest a room they didn't request which was non smoking. Had to wait 20 minutes for someone to take our room service order. Room had only 6 working channels. I will be contacting corporate for the way I was treated and the better business bureau. Did not even recognize that I was a Wyndham Rewards member. No one should have to pay for this type of service.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Jeremy S, Guest Relations Manager at Ramada Plaza Columbus North Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, August 21, 2014
First of all let me thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback in regards to your stay. It is very upsetting to hear that you had such a poor customer service experience. We do not condone this type of behavior from our staff at all. I hope that the next time you are in the Columbus area you will allow us the opportunity to provide you with an excellent stay.

Best,
Jeremy Steward

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Dearborn, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

lobby and our room was musty smelling ,we have to switch our room twice due to air conditioning problem, the bathrooms were dirty.It was the worst hotel ever.The information clerk gave us a calling card for re-imbursement when I called ,the info lady denied that the hotel had any reported air conditioning problem and that they never had a record of us switching rooms .

mila c. of michigan

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Jeremy S, Guest Relations Manager at Ramada Plaza Columbus North Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Mila,

I am very sorry to hear that your experience was less than enjoyable. I hope that after we have finished our renovations you will give us another chance to provide you with a clean and comfortable experience.

Best,
Jeremy Steward
Mason, OH
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

This was really quite a dumpy place in a not-so nice area of town. Highly, highly disappointing. It seemed like the entire place hadn't been thoroughly cleaned since the 1980s, and the decor sort of matched that era. I felt like I needed a shower after walking around our room and the rest of the hotel.

On a completely different note, they were also completely non-responsive and inept when I tried to contact them after my stay about leaving my cell phone charger behind. It took several calls and even more transfers back and forth between the front desk and housekeeping just for them to figure out what room I stayed in, and when they did finally figure it out, they looked in at least three different rooms that were NOT mine. My calls and messages and emails to the manager went unanswered (still waiting, sir), and no one ever found my charger, even though I am 100% positive it was there when I left. So either someone from housekeeping took it for their own ... or they sill haven't looked in the correct room ... or, most likely of all, that room STILL HASN'T BEEN CLEANED in the month or so since I stayed there. That's not too surprising, given the fact that no one in their right mind should stay in this place. The vacancy rate must be approaching 95% ... and I feel sorry for the 5% who haven't been forewarned about this little nightmare of a place!

Room Tip: There's no such thing as a good room in this place!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Ramada Plaza Columbus North Hotel and Conference Center? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Ramada Plaza Columbus North Hotel and Conference Center

Address: 4900 Sinclair Road, Columbus, OH 43229 (Formerly Ramada Plaza)
Location: United States > Ohio > Columbus
Ranked #106 of 142 Hotels in Columbus
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Ramada Plaza Columbus North Hotel and Conference Center 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Ramada Plaza Columbus North Hotel and Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Ramada Plaza Hotel And Conference Center
Ramada Plaza Hotel Columbus
Ramada Plaza Columbus North Hotel And Conference Center Ohio

If you own or manage Ramada Plaza Columbus North Hotel and Conference Center, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.