“Nothing special” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Plaza Columbus North Hotel and Conference Center

Save Saved
You added Ramada Plaza Columbus North Hotel and Conference Center to your Saves list
Ramada Plaza Columbus North Hotel and Conference Center
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4900 Sinclair Road, Columbus, OH 43229 (Formerly Ramada Plaza)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #97 of 141 hotels in Columbus

411 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Sandusky, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

We showed up on a Saturday for our two night stay. We arrived at 5pm and went to the front desk. I gave my reservation to the front desk clerk. She informed me that my room was not ready yet. I can understand that this can happen from time to time and there was a large convention in town for that weekend. She told me that it should be about a half an hour and if it was ready before then she would give me a call and verified my number. I come back to the desk at 530 and the room is still not ready, the front desk clerk assured me that they were working on it and again I would receive a phone call when it was ready. I go back at 600pm and it still is not ready. At that point in time I walked away from the desk and started to look for another hotel. I was able to actually find one and went back to the desk at 615. At that point I was going to either walk away with a room key or move to another hotel. The clerk apologized once again and asked if she could move to another room type. I had originally reserved a king room and she asked if I would be ok with a two queen room. I reluctantly accepted the offer because I was just beyond tired and really wanted to get into a room. She gets me a key to the new room that is actually ready, she gives me a couple free vouchers for free breakfast and free drinks at the hotel bar as a way to apologize for all the delays. The hotel is going through a renovation and I can understand some of the mess because of it. I get in the room and it just smelled dirty and musty. I felt like I opened the door to a damp basement and not a hotel room on the 4th floor. At that point it was finalized in my mind that this was not the hotel for me. They have some major operational problems to overcome. The front desk clerk was the only girl working and there was a constant line of people trying to check in all night. She wasn’t getting any response from her housekeeping manager when she called them on the radio for status updates. She was left out alone to try to deal with all the problems. I would definitely not stay in that hotel again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Rajer B, Front Office Manager at Ramada Plaza Columbus North Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
First i would like to say thank you for your response. Secondly i want to apologize for your recent experience at our hotel I want you to know that we want our guests to be happy and needs met. We are in the process of a major renovation internally and externally we do face challenges in the process but failing in satisfying are guests is not an option. It is my sincere hope that in the near future you would give us another chance to make things right. With that being said we would like to offer you a 50% discount on a future stay.
Williamston
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

The pillows were uncomfortable and the heating/cooling unit was so loud that it awakened me every time it kicked on. Water in shower was barely warm even though water from sink faucett was hot.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Ramada

First i would like to say thank you for your response. Secondly i want you to know that your issues and concerns are being addressed. We apologize for the inconvenience you experienced. We are in the process to make things better.
Birmingham, Alabama
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

Overall review poor, mainly due to the shuttle service, noise in the hotel after dark hours, and the smoke in the non smoking section.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Ramada

First i would like to say thank you for your response. Secondly i want you know that we had a high volume of guests using the shuttle this past weekend we want to please every guest . I want to personally apologize that your needs were not met.
Kalamazoo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

This was the third year I stayed at the Ramada. ontill, this time I was happy. I will never stay at this location again. The sheets where stained, soiled so bad I didnt sleeep in that bed. I made it look like we used the sheets when we returned The next day after maid service they used the same sheets. GROSS.

The entire hotels was cold. We stayed in house to eat and the food was gross at best. I had to wear my jacket, they were slow to refill the buffet. I and all the customers had to wear my coat at the nightclub. You would think the bartender would have noticed and turned up the heat.

We stayed at this location because they offered atranssportaion to the show we where attending. Well, they said the van was on the hour but it was in like the two hour. that was saturday. Sunday we were told the van would leave at 10am we waited 25 minutes for the van driver then we were told he was going to the airport. The manager told us we could take a taxi. So we did and then the taxi driver wanted to be paid. After confronting the manager about payment she said it was not her responsability. She called the taxi.

I will never ever ever stay at this hotel again!!!!!!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Rajer B, Front Office Manager at Ramada Plaza Columbus North Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
First i want to say thank you for your response. Secondly we want you to know that your issues and concerns are being addressed. I do know that we had a high volume of guests this past weekend using our shuttle service we have the best door to door service in the city. We are in the process of a major overhaul. It is my sincere hope that you would give us another chance to make things right. With that being said we would like to offer you a 50% discount on a future stay.

Been to Ramada Plaza Columbus North Hotel and Conference Center? Share your experiences!