“Although the bed was comfortable and the ac worked great my...” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Plaza Columbus North Hotel and Conference Center

Save Saved
You added Ramada Plaza Columbus North Hotel and Conference Center to your Saves list
Ramada Plaza Columbus North Hotel and Conference Center
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4900 Sinclair Road, Columbus, OH 43229 (Formerly Ramada Plaza)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #97 of 140 hotels in Columbus
Florence
“Although the bed was comfortable and the ac worked great my...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Although the bed was comfortable and the ac worked great my stay had its flaws. I'm not one to complain but my second night there we had a false fire alarm at 4:00 in the morning which lasted at least 40 minutes. We were not sure if we should leave or stay because it would go on then go off then go back on. It was never clear on what was happening. I also could not get my receipt from the front desk. They said I had to get it on line which I've never had to do at any hotel I've ever stayed at. I'ts been over a week and have not gotten it. I had two rooms and they only gave me a receipt for one...however they had no problem collecting my money.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Ramada

402 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Cleveland, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

I wish I could say that the hotel caused this to be a pleasant trip. After all that would mean the money spent was well worth the travel and time and the useless extras that are present in the hotel. I do not wish to lie to you reader. Instead I shall recount my experience with the hotel.

Typically every year there's a convention of sorts that I attend at this location. This is my first year that I am unable to actually attend the convention portion itself and instead decided to travel down with my s/o and newborn son. Prior to this travel period I called ahead and made a reservation for a 2 room suite. I was quoted a price, I agreed to the price, and I provided a credit card number for the reservation. In exchange I was provided a confirmation number. I figured everything would be fine.

Upon arrival is when this experience started going down hill. You see that extra space would have provided some nice quiet time for when our newborn son was going to go down for the evening and enable both my s/o and myself to receive visitors without disturbing a sleeping baby. When I checked in, I assumed everything was on track until I received the quote of price. I found it odd that the quoted price on paper was approximately $50.00 less expensive than what was advised over the phone.

I inquired about this difference and was advised 'We are providing you with a King Suite with a pull out couch. Except it doesn't have the second room like our standard suites.' So I clarified that this was not as requested and made a point to explain why the two rooms were necessary. Once again they stressed that they were unable to oblige and that 'The suite is $50.00 more expensive anyhow.' I made sure to inform them that I was well aware of the price as it was quoted and was part of my reservation originally. At that point they asked how many were staying in the room (FYI - this was laid out earlier in the conversation) and slid two coupons for the 'Breakfast Buffet' over for my inconvenience.

I want to point out this moment of irony. "Sorry you're inconvenienced - here's two coupons for free breakfast in exchange for cutting your reserved space in half."

Being tired and fed up with the situation, I checked in with the room. I made sure to mention was I there as part of the Convention (as I did during the original reservation process). I know the rate for the room provided *should have been* lower and I, unfortunately, put my trust in the staff to correct the price by tomorrow morning.

To sum up my experience to the next morning: The hallways are heated during the summer time (no a/c going at all), the paint in the room was chipping and falling, there was no venting in the bathroom for the steam, and there was a stale smoke odor in the hallways.

So let's cut to check out shall we?

I received my bill. The price was not corrected on it. I checked out on time. I was asked how my stay went by the front desk clerk. So I recounted my tale. I expressed my displeasure in what had happened. The morning response was..

Instead of apologizing for any of the issues, I was handed a 'comment card' to fill out and mail back to the hotel itself. I'm planning on filling this out but I doubt anything to come of it. Also, I was advised that the "Manager at Night" entered the rate and even though I was there for the convention (and reserved originally at convention pricing) that she would have to be the one to reverse the difference.

If I would have known that this was going to be such an issue, I would have stayed across the street and paid half the price (for just as much space). At least that way if I received poor customer service, I would get what I paid for.

Go to this hotel at your own risk. The room bait and switch along with the lack of customer service does not justify the pricing they offer.

Room Tip: Even if you reserve a room, receive a confirmation number, and hold it on a credit card do not expec...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Ramada Plaza Columbus North Hotel and Conference Center? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Ramada Plaza Columbus North Hotel and Conference Center

Address: 4900 Sinclair Road, Columbus, OH 43229 (Formerly Ramada Plaza)
Location: United States > Ohio > Columbus
Ranked #97 of 140 hotels in Columbus
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Ramada Plaza Columbus North Hotel and Conference Center 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Wyndham, Orbitz, Travelocity, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Ramada Plaza Columbus North Hotel and Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Ramada Plaza Hotel And Conference Center
Ramada Plaza Hotel Columbus
Ramada Plaza Columbus North Hotel And Conference Center Ohio

If you own or manage Ramada Plaza Columbus North Hotel and Conference Center, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.